Terrain Objects

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm having some trouble placing a terrain object on the Valhalla tileset.

I know that you need to first lay the proper terrain object in terrain pallet and then lay the proper terrain object doodad. I have an issue though. When I lay the terrain version of the terrain object, the ground does not become see-through. Because of this, when I place the doodad version of the terrain object, you cannot see it beneath the terrain. Here's an image to illustrate what I mean:

TerrainObjectFail.png

Also, as a side note. If you look at the cliff, the terrain is creeping up the edges of the cliff. Does anyone know why this is happening? The height of the terrain has not been altered anywhere on my map, aside from making actual cliffs.

Can anyone help?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
The Valhalla tileset is not a space platform, no. The terrain object I'm using is specific to the Valhalla tileset though.

DonMushroom

Reaction score
As far as i know you cant have a window into solid ground.

Only thing i can think of is set it to space platform and swap the textures over from Valhalla. :( Sorry dude

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Next to the Add Terrain Object button, there are buttons to show or hide terrain cells. What happens if you use the Hide Terrain Cells brush on your terrain object. Does it remove the terrain and allow you to look through the window?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Siretu, I actually tried using the hide terrain cells brush, but it didn't do anything. I'm working off a mac, could it be bugged for mac? Is there some setting I need enabled?

Also, can anyone offer insight as to why the cliff walls have that raised looking terrain around them?

Siretu

Reaction score
Does it look like that in-game as well? I have no experience with mac editors, but it works for me when I try it. You could try opening this test map I made and see if you can see through those glass floors.

View attachment valhallaGlassFloor.SC2Map

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I actually never check in-game and it does, in fact, work. I feel like a fool now, haha. Thanks for the help!

Siretu

Reaction score
I think the reason this happened is because you had "Show Hidden Terrain Cells" turned on. You can turn it off in the terrain editor in the View tab. Go to View>Show Terrain>Show Hidden Terrain Cells.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You should try to press [V] (I asume it's the same on mac) to see the ingame view of the map, that would also have solved the problem for you ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.