terrain rating

How did i do?

• Total voters

Pyromancer

Reaction score
hey, i made a sunken ruins terrain map. tryed to make it a cinimatic, but messed that up big time. the terrain is still fine tho, take a look, rate me. sry i couldnt get a better res.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 381
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 338
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 353
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 381
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 362

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
i dont like how u dint add an option inbetween good and bad, so i am forced not to vote at all >.<

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
id like to see the actual map, doesnt look bad, but then some of it doesnt look good either :(

reinhardt

Reaction score
id wait until you have reached a certain level of skill before you start seeking praise and attention.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
id like to see the actual map, doesnt look bad, but then some of it doesnt look good either :(
you mean the ship wreck thing with al the lightning? yeah, its kinda out of place.....

reinhardt said:
id wait until you have reached a certain level of skill before you start seeking praise and attention.

sooooo, im asumming you dont like it? im not looking for praise, but opinion. i admit that im far from being really good at it..... i only just started. you voted never touch the mouse again. then how will i get better. why then did i put that as an option? incase someone thinks that its really really bad, which i have seen, and this is not really bad. if you want really bad, look at the heromaker map thing.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I like it. The second pic is very good, but think how waterfalls is falling, it isnt often the bounce out of the rocks ^^.

Well, since you want to get better I comment the bad things, everything that I dont mention you can consider as 'good' or 'great' ^^:
1. Some of the waterfalls is out of place, like starting above the water surface
2. The lighning, I cant se why it should be there.
3. Some of the trees grows on the stone.
4. I think I se a flying stone in the second pic.
5. Well, this is most a matter of taste, but I dont think that ships should burn, it looks like they have been there for a long time. Not just a few days. And I dont think a ship can burn that long ~~

I give you an overall 3.5/5

(I think I am trying some terraining tonight ^^)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
So do you want compliments or criticism? Ah who cares? I'll list both :p

Compliments--

Nice look of an island. I like the land and the large waterfalls in the screenshots.

Criticism--

Way too many doodads. It'd make a good cinematic, but you wouldn't be able to play in it.

Vines along the waterfalls are weird looking. The lighting in the wc3 engine doesn't make them look wet from sitting on the waterfalls. Float them down below the water falls and you should still be able to see them. If the elevation is right, you can get them to poke out from underneath the waterfalls for a cool effect.

You don't need all those lightning bolts striking those ships. The fire seems rather aptly placed, but the lightning? Something of....weirdness.

The land is kind of bumpy. While it looks cool in some parts, you may want to smooth a few corners or even the most devout gamer will see pointy edges of polygons.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
sooo much lightning.. therse other things besides lightning.. little birds, smoldering ashes, skeletons X.x

Pyromancer

Reaction score
yes yes, ok, ok. i was planing it to be a cinimatic, but i suck at cinimatiocs. the vines are out of place alittle, i guess. ok, ill delete som lightning. keep up the good comments and critisizem. i enjoy both :)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
well, i think it's decent. you have a nice thing going, but some of the things seem a little too overused/crowded. especially around the shipwreck.

S

soulbad

Keep practicing you've got a future with terraining if ya keep at it.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
excellent work pyromancer, while i agree there is too much lighting/doodads in some places, it doesn't take a geniius to see how much effort you put into this.

Keep it up :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.