Tutorial Terraining Advanced Mazes

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
I assumed you already learnt how to build / create / make basic mazes. Now let's hop on to the more advanced topic!

PART ONE
Advanced Maze I

MAZE LEVEL : EASY

1. Planning
Every creation of a maze requires planning. If not, you will be very confused! :p

Requirements: Pen, Pencil OR Excel OR Powerpoint

For this tutorial, I'll be using the Microsoft Excel. Why Excel? It is easy to use! :D

Firstly, open Excel.

untitled003gi8.png

In this tutorial, one coloured grid in Excel = one region.

untitled004oe2.png

Saw this toolbar? Click on the "Paint" like image (beside the big "A"). Use a dark colour to colour each grid.

Recommended colours: Black, Brown, Dark / Normal Blue, Dark / Normal Red, Orange, Dark Yellow, Not White!!

Got that? Now, we use the same colours in each two grids. Example:

untitled005wn1.png

Don't ask me why you should do that, you'll find it out later when we're doing the real thing :cool:

After planning, you can choose two options: save what you planned or just leave it open.

2. Region Creating

Either way, you still have to open your World Editor. Create a new map with size 64x64. You can also choose 32x32 for a much smaller map (optional). Choose your own tileset. Recomended cliff level should be 4. Do not check "Random height field" if you're building a very basic maze. Initial Water Value should be None.

untitled005006mm3.png

After you've created your map, hit "C" on your map and scroll up and down and play with it ^^. Lols, let's just get back to work. If you've wondered why I asked you to colour two grids with the same colour in Excel, then you've reached the level high enough for you to know. If you've put your coloured grids ALL side by side, re-do it. Otherwise, follow what I did earlier on.

Now, I'll use my own excel planning for my own maze. For easier reference, I've copied my planning above and pasted it down here..

untitled005wn1.png

Alright, saw my black colour in the top-left grid? That will be the region "black1". So I'll create "black1" on the World Editor. Press "R" on your keyboard to open the Region Palette.

untitled007nr6.png

Saw that? My Region Palette still lacks as many as a few tens of regions. To create a region hit "Space Bar" on your keyboard and create a region. Then go to the Region Palette again and right-click on "Edit Region Propeties". Change the colour to what you did on your previous planning. You should have something like that:

untitled008iq1.png

Also, you should see my Region Palette. It is now filled with one region that you had just created. Do you have that result? Yes? Wow, you're not bad for a beginner! XD

Do the same for ALL regions. Colour them, name them, place them, as you planned on your Excel. If your map is too big for all of the regions, you use some of the spaces to place shops like..??? (see bottom) OR, if you have a map that is too small for all fo the regions, you gotta create a new one ^^ So, colour all the regions just like you planned, name them, and also place them on the World Editor. You should have a result of:

untitled009cl6.png

Colourful right? :p

3. Placing Circles / Waygates

Now, time for you to place all the waygates into place with the regions you just created. HOWEVER, I do not recomend you using the "Waygate" model file. It is too big and takes up most space in the region. Use the "Circle of Power" model.

You have two options.

ONE, go to the Object Editor(F6) and click on "Waygate" which is under Neutral Passive > Melee > Buildings. Leave "Abilities" alone. Go to the model file and change it to "Circle of Power" found under Units. Find the "Art - Ground Texture" field and change it to NONE. We don't want any "building" texture in our Circle of Power model. Next, head on to the Collision Size (Under pathing - Collision Size) where you determine the size of the model. Change that to 10-15. Your choice ^^

untitled010zq4.png

TWO, go to the Object Editor(F6) and click on "Circle of Power" which is under Neutral Passive > Campaign > Buildings. Change the "Abilities" field to "Invulnerable, Waygate Ability". Then, leave "Art - Ground Texture" alone. Then, you're done!

untitled011kl0.png

Well, I would reccomend option two, but one would work as well ^^

Now, let's get back on track. Go back to your terrain Editor and hit "U" on your keyboard. Shortly after, your Unit Palette will appear. Go to Neutral Passive > Campaign > Buildings and click on Circle of Power (I'm using Circle of power for this tutorial). Next, place it in each of your regions. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know how to view the regions while placing the units, but some of you may know. To view regions while having region palette closed, just hit the View menu, and one of the options is Regions. So now, Place two of your circles in your regions. Then, continue to place circles in all of your created regions. One by one. Then, you should achieve the result:

untitled012.jpg

4. Giving Circles / Waygates a Region for units to teleport to

After placing the circles or waygates in your map, its time for the hard part - giving circles or waygates a region for units to teleport to. You see, they need a circle or a waygate, with a region, for them to teleport to. To do this we start by X-ing the Region Palette (
untitled013.jpg
). We don't need that now. Next, double-click on your very first Waygate, or circle (the topleft one). You'll see this window:

untitled014.jpg

Got that right? Now, just like my image, check "Way Gate Active". Choose the region that it is supposed to teleport to. For example, the waygate in region "black1" will teleport to region "black2". Next, choose the other circle or waygate in the region, and just like the previous one, check "Way Gate Active". For this one, choose a random region so that players won't know where they're going, making it more challenging. Continue with all the other waygates or circles, following this formula : left circle, next colour region or previous colour region.... right circle, random region. Or, to make it much more challenging, use this formula "left circle, random region OR next colour region OR previous colour region.... right circle, random region ONLY". Once you got that done, you only have one thing left... the endpoint. To set the endpoint you'll have to mark that with something... we'll see that later.

5. Terraining - Start Locations - Ending Locations - Etc.

This will be a fast topic. No images, sorry =[ okay, lets begin. Set all players' start locations at the starting point, and build boundaries ( all cliffs or doodads or pathing blockers ) to seperate all of the regions. That's the end of the topic, LOLS!

6a. Triggers

Triggers are, the most difficult part in anyone's world editor journey. Alright, let's get started.

Ryuu said:
To set the endpoint you'll have to mark that with something... we'll see that later.

Yup, we're going into that now. Let's begin!

Code:
Endpoint Trigger
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit enters YourEndPointHere <gen>

The events make sure that whenever the unit enters YourEndPointHere as a region, it'll function all the actions being created.

Code:
   CONDITIONS
      Or- Multiple Conditions
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 1 (Red)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 2 (Blue)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 3 (Teal)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 4 (Purple)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 5 (Yellow)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 6 (Orange)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 7 (Green)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 8 (Pink)

These conditions ensure that only the 8 players can function the actions

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Game - Display to (All Players) the text: [B]|cffffcc00[/B](Name of (Owner of (Entering Unit))) + has entered the Endpoint! The game will now end. [B]|r[/B]

This trigger states the text "<Name> has entered the Endpoint! The game will now end" in yellow colour.

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Game - Victory (Owner of (Entering Unit))

This trigger function so that the owner of the entering unit wins the game.

6b. Triggers

Triggers are, the most difficult part in anyone's world editor journey. Alright, let's get started.

In this tutorial, triggers are only to create the units for movement.

Variables Required

temp_point : Point Variable

Code:
Creating Units
   EVENTS
      Time - Elapsed time is 0.00 seconds

This code actually sets the time to 0.00 so that whatever that is in the "Actions" section can be functioned.

Code:
   CONDITIONS
      None T_T

There are no conditions.

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Set temp_point = ((Picked player) start location)
      Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Actions)
         Loop - Actions
            If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
               If - Conditions
                  (Picked Player) controller Equal to User
                  (Picked Player) slot status Equal to Is Playing

These triggers actually checks whether is the player controlled by a user, and whether is it in game.

Code:
               Then - Actions
                  Unit - Create 1 Mazer for (Picked Player) at temp_point facing Default Building facing degrees

After checking whether is the player online, it creates a "mazer" for the player to complete the maze.

Code:
               Else - Actions
                  Do Nothing

If the player is not online, it does nothing to it. Then, it goes on to the next player and the loop begins again.

Code:
      Custom Script:     call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_ponit)

Then, after creating all the builders for the online players, it removes the temp_point location so that it doesn't leaks.

So, your main trigger should be:

Code:
Creating Mazers
   EVENTS
      Time - Time Elapsed is 0.00 seconds
   CONDITIONS
   ACTIONS
      Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
         Loop - Actions
               If - Conditions
                  (Picked player) controller Equal to User
                  (Picked player) slot status Equal to Is Playing
               Then - Actions
                  Unit - Create 1 Mazer for (Picked Player) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
               Else - Actions
                   Do nothing
      Custom script:     call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

And you're done!

7. Tips on Improving on a Maze
  • Mazes will look unfinished WITHOUT secret speed items and secret creeps.
  • Mazes will look finished, but in actual fact it is NOT without the shops for buying speed items.
  • Mazes cannot be survived without the "Revive System".

Let's get started.

1. "Mazes will look unfinished WITHOUT secret speed items and secret creeps." To do that, you'll have to use the event "every ?? seconds of the game" and use the actions "create (item)" for items and "create (creeps)" for creeps.

Code:
Secret Trigger
   EVENTS
      Every (Random real number from 0.00 to 60.00) seconds of the game
   CONDITIONS
   ACTIONS
      Item - Create (Item) in (Region)
      Unit - Create (Creep) for Player 12 (Brown) in (Region) facing Default building facing degrees

2. "Mazes will look finished, but in actual fact it is NOT without the shops for buying speed items." To do that, create a shop and use it sell items. WARNING: Create your shop at the starting location and at the middle location!!!

3. "Mazes cannot be survived without the "Revive System"." Easy! We'll have to use the event "a unit dies" so that whenever a unit dies, it'll check the condition "dying unit equals to a hero" then run the action "revive hero instantly".

Code:
Revive System
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit Dies
   CONDITIONS
      ((Dying Unit) is a hero) Equals to True
   ACTIONS
      Hero - Revive Hero Instantly at temp_point

And now, you're really done!

I hope you understand this tutorial. Although EVERYTHING isn't shown here, you should be able to do something out of it.

Stay tuned for Part Two and Three. ^^

I

IKilledKEnny

Good job on this tutorial, lots of images and well explained part. However I would have used less smilies, the ones at the end are a little useless. :rolleyes:

Ryuu

Reaction score
Good job on this tutorial, lots of images and well explained part. However I would have used less smilies, the ones at the end are a little useless. :rolleyes:

You mean the triggers, or do you mean the smilies at the end ;)

cr4xzZz said:
Yep it is quite good ;) +rep

You think so? Ty for the compliment ^^

Ryuu

Reaction score
Yep ^^

EDIT:

Tinki3 said:
You have most things apart from explaining what a maze is.

It was quite good though.

At the beginning of the tutorial I wrote the sentence "I assumed you already learnt how to build / create / make basic mazes". Therefore, I do not have to explain it again as a regular basic maze would explain for me what is it.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sorry I double-posted, no offence please T_T

PART TWO
Advanced Maze II

MAZE LEVEL : Hard

Make sure you already read Part One before reading this. I do not wish to answer questions using Part One to answer the questions for Part Two.

8. Terraining

Create a map with size 128 x 128. Big, yeah? Tileset should be Icecrown Glacier (snow), so that the terrain looks very intense and very difficult. Initial Cliff Level, 4, Initial Water Level, None. Do not check Random Height Field.

untitled015.jpg

Got that? After creating your map, its time we do some adjustments. Head on to Scenario > Map Size and Camera Bounds. Saw the big square in the middle? That's your map. Make it bigger by stretching it to the maximum. Then click on OK.

untitled016.jpg

9. Setting up your maze

What every creation of hard maze need is, a set-up. In this tutorial, any hard maze set-up will do, but I recomend you my set-up. Start by hitting "T" on your keyboard and your Terrain Palette will appear.

untitled017.jpg

Follow what I did on the image above. Then, build it on the top-left corner of the map. Continue along the horizontal line, until you reach the top-right corner, like:

untitled018.jpg

Then continue along the vertical line from the top-right corner, like:

untitled019.jpg

It is very empty, though. You know what to do next, so don't ask me! :p

untitled020.jpg

Make a spiral around most parts of the map Leave the middle part blank. It's gonna take awhile, but bare with it.

untitled021.jpg

10. Creating Pathing Blockers to Block

You'll have to block the players if not they'll just simply go to the middle! To do this, move the camera to the topleft corner. Hit "D" on your keyboard, and then go to Pathing Blockers > Pathing Blocker (Both).

untitled022.jpg

Then, place it in the extreme top-left corner of the map. If you've done the steps correctly, the top-left corner will be situated on a cliff.

untitled023.jpg

Saw that? Now, for the top-right corner of the map. Again, if you've done the steps correctly, the top-right corner will also be situated on a cliff. However, for this time, you'll need two pairs of Pathing Blockers.

untitled024.jpg

Got that? Now do that for every single corner of each cliff. Don't get what I mean? See the image below.

untitled025.jpg

One corner of my maze-map

Now you're done.

11. Object Editor Work

So you've created pathing blockers to block each player from going any further except in that region. HOWEVER, since the space between each pathing blocker in one corner is so small, we will have to change the size of each circle or waygate to 0.50. To do that, open up Object Editor(F6), and go to your edited Waygate or Circle of Power (i'll be using Circle of Power for the tutorial, which is under Neutral Passive > Campaign > Buildings). Find "Art- Scaling Value" and convert it to 0.50. That's half the size of the circle. Next, find the "Abilities - Normal" field (second field from the top) and add a "Waygate ability" to it.

untitled026.jpg

Then, you're done with Object Editor. Go back to your Terrain Editor and place the newly edited circle onto the space between each pair of Pathing Blocker. Make sure to place two circles in the space between each pair of Pathing Blockers.

untitled027.jpg

12. Regions

Regions are, the most important subject in the world of mazes. They help waygates or circles to teleport from one region to another, and then another and another, until you finally reach this end. Firstly, create a region at the end point of your cliffs (not the middle space! Leave it blank for the moment) and colour it with Black. I mentioned in Part One how to change the colour, so don't ask me again. Name it "End Point". After modifying the created region it's time for you to place your region at the end point. Think about it yourself and decide where to put your region. I'll be using the corner (shown at the below image) for the end point. I'll also be placing my region there.

untitled028.jpg

After placing your region, you SHOULD NOT remove the circles. But instead, you must leave them alone. If you remove the circles, think about what is going to happen. That's like exposing your answer to solve the maze.

Let's get back on track. Now, once you've marked it with black region, its time to create regions on every single corner of every cliff (just like what you did to the circles and the Pathing Blockers).

untitled029.jpg

And then you're done editing regions.

13. Circles

Circles are, besides regions, the most important, maybe even more important than regions, things in the world of mazing. You probably didn't know, but you've already set up at least 10, if not 20 or 30 circles. Now! Time to edit some circles. Head on to your topleft (the most extreme topleft) of the map. Find your circles and double click them. You should see something like this.

untitled014.jpg

Check "Waygate Active" and set the destination to ANY, ANY region. It's a random region. Do the same for ALL circles. Now, re-check. Check that all regions have been used up. To do that, simply click on a region and hit the "Del" button. Then, if it's not used up, it'll just simply be deleted, but you can cure that by hitting "Ctrl+Z". You should see the dialog box if it's used up:

untitled030.jpg

Click "NO". On the other hand, if it's not used up, like I said above, it'll simply be deleted. Hit "Ctrl+Z" to get it back. Then, now, assign a waygate to that region. Regions can be used once, if not twice, or thrice by 1, 2, or 3 circles.

So now you're done. The circles and regions now interact with one another.
NOTE: Do not assign a region to the End Point. Leave it blank for now.
You succeeded.

14. Triggers [1]

Now let's head back to our center part. It's a pity it's still a blank after so much we did. But I can bet we'll fill it up in no time! :D The center part only requires ONE region, and that's covering up the whole place. Name that region "endplace".
Ryuu said:
NOTE: Do not assign a region to the End Point. Leave it blank for now.
You may ask "then what should I do about it"? We'll have to use triggers and a small region for that. To make the maze only 2.08% more interesting, make a region in one of the circles in the end point. The other circle will then be useless. Name that region "end" and make set it to a "red" colour.

untitled031.jpg

Okay, and then now you're done.

Code:
End Point
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit enters end <gen>
   CONDITIONS
   ACTIONS
      Unit - Move (Entering Unit) Instantly to (Random point in endplace <gen>)

This trigger actually make sure that whenever the unit enters "end", it will go to the center part.

15. Terraining

Firstly, go to your Terrain Palette (T) and Follow what I did on the image below.

untitled032.jpg

Now, build it all over the center part. It should block out the player's view but it should stop it from going over to the real end place. But, if you're those kind of lazy ones (like me T_T) you could just fill part of it with mazes and the rest , creep base.

untitled033.jpg

So now you're done with center part.

16. Triggers[2]

Code:
Endpoint Trigger
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit enters YourEndPointHere <gen>

The events make sure that whenever the unit enters YourEndPointHere as a region, it'll function all the actions being created.

Code:
   CONDITIONS
      Or- Multiple Conditions
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 1 (Red)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 2 (Blue)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 3 (Teal)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 4 (Purple)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 5 (Yellow)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 6 (Orange)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 7 (Green)
         (Owner of (Entering Unit)) Equals to Player 8 (Pink)

These conditions ensure that only the 8 players can function the actions

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Game - Display to (All Players) the text: [B]|cffffcc00[/B](Name of (Owner of (Entering Unit))) + has entered the Endpoint! The game will now end. [B]|r[/B]

This trigger states the text "<Name> has entered the Endpoint! The game will now end" in yellow colour.

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Game - Victory (Owner of (Entering Unit))

This trigger function so that the owner of the entering unit wins the game.

17. Triggers[3]

In this tutorial, triggers are only to create the units for movement.

Variables Required

temp_point : Point Variable

Code:
Creating Units
   EVENTS
      Time - Elapsed time is 0.00 seconds

This code actually sets the time to 0.00 so that whatever that is in the "Actions" section can be functioned.

Code:
   CONDITIONS
      None T_T

There are no conditions.

Code:
   ACTIONS
      Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Actions)
         Loop - Actions
               If - Conditions
                  (Picked Player) controller Equal to User
                  (Picked Player) slot status Equal to Is Playing

These triggers actually checks whether is the player controlled by a user, and whether is it in game.

Code:
               Then - Actions
                  Unit - Create 1 Mazer for (Picked Player) at temp_point facing Default Building facing degrees

After check whether is the player online, it creates a "mazer" for the player to complete the maze.

Code:
               Else - Actions
                  Do Nothing

If the player is not online, it does nothing to it. Then, it goes on to the next player and the loop begins again.

Code:
      Custom Script:     call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_ponit)

Then, after creating all the builders for the online players, it removes the temp_point location so that it doesn't leaks.

So, your main trigger should be:

Code:
Creating Mazers
   EVENTS
      Time - Time Elapsed is 0.00 seconds
   CONDITIONS
   ACTIONS
      Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
         Loop - Actions
               If - Conditions
                  (Picked player) controller Equal to User
                  (Picked player) slot status Equal to Is Playing
               Then - Actions
                  Unit - Create 1 Builder for (Picked Player) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
               Else - Actions
                   Do nothing
      Custom script:     call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

And you're done!

18. Tips on Improving on a Maze
  • Mazes will look finished, but in actual fact it is NOT without the shops for buying speed items.

Let's get started.

1. "Mazes will look unfinished WITHOUT secret speed items and secret creeps." To do that, you'll have to use the event "every ?? seconds of the game" and use the actions "create (item)" for items and "create (creeps)" for creeps.

Code:
Secret Trigger
   EVENTS
      Every (Random real number from 0.00 to 60.00) seconds of the game
   CONDITIONS
   ACTIONS
      Item - Create (Item) in (Region)
      Unit - Create (Creep) for Player 12 (Brown) in (Region) facing Default building facing degrees

2. "Mazes will look finished, but in actual fact it is NOT without the shops for buying speed items." To do that, create a shop and use it sell items. WARNING: Create your shop at the starting location and at the middle location!!!

3. "Mazes cannot be survived without the "Revive System"." Easy! We'll have to use the event "a unit dies" so that whenever a unit dies, it'll check the condition "dying unit equals to a hero" then run the action "revive hero instantly".

Code:
Revive System
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit Dies
   CONDITIONS
      ((Dying Unit) is a hero) Equals to True
   ACTIONS
      Hero - Revive Hero Instantly at temp_point

And now, you're really done!

I hope you understand this tutorial. Although EVERYTHING isn't shown here, you should be able to do something out of it.

Stay tuned for Part Three. ^^

Ryuu

Reaction score
About people who contributed to Parts One, Two and Three ^^

PART THREE
Credits

19. Credits - Those who contributed will be +rep.
  • Ryuu (me) for doing overall tutorial work and editing.
  • elmstfreddie for helping me at Part One when I want to view regions while having region palette closed. Thanks! ^^
  • All of you who read my tutorial and at least did something out of it, and find it interesting. ;)

20. Reputation Increase - Those who added my rep.
  • cr4xzZz
  • nll

Thank you all! ^^

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Advanced..?
I wouldn't think so...

I don't really get this tutorial... Not really a maze o_O
More like Run Kitty Run tutorial :rolleyes:
ANYHOW...

To view regions well having region palette closed, just hit the View menu, and one of the options is Regions :)

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

I could not disagree with u more on that

I don't find this tut interesting too much but i see it can be helpful for other people =0
+ rep:)

Ryuu

Reaction score
Advanced..?
I wouldn't think so...

I don't really get this tutorial... Not really a maze o_O
More like Run Kitty Run tutorial :rolleyes:
ANYHOW...

To view regions well having region palette closed, just hit the View menu, and one of the options is Regions :)

Run Kitty Run Tutorial? Oh, you mean the part 2. I nv played run kitty run b4 but i got see my fren play :/

Ryuu

Reaction score
Oh and also, what's the point of the first part with the coloured regions and circle of powers?

Planning. Allows you to plan with ease and not like "what's this region for" or sumthin like that.

Ryuu

Reaction score
isnt that why u name regions? lol

i name the regions like "black1", "black2", "red1" etc. so to make it more "understandable" and better reference I coloured the regions 0_0

EDIT: Modified the whole of Part Three and edited some grammar mistakes and correction error.

NOTE: Tell me whenever you find an error, I'll be so glad to put your name into the credit list!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.