Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

L

LgZepplin

Jindo said:
~1 Advanced > View Entire Map

~2 This i didnt explain, but you can use the rolling thing on your mouse to scroll in and out of the map. If you press C and do it, you get different view.

There are other ways such as making a camera, changing the angle and position and then clicking the Set to Camera View button.

- - -

Hope this helps, the first post explained your first question.

~Jindo

when i said make the map visible that not wat i ment (my fault didnt explain well enufe) but i ment like when i start the game and everything is shadd over and it gets lighter wen you move a unit into the area how do i make the entire map visible without shade??

hope thats a better way to ask it

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
okay but what does that have to do with the contest?...

Code:
Events - Map Initialization
Conditions [i]none[/i]
Actions - Pick every player in (all players) and do (Create visibility modifier for (picked player) emitting visibility across (playable map area))

Hope this helps.

~Jindo

L

LgZepplin

Thanks and i needed it for the contest so i could take some screen shots will in the game so they look better and i needed to get rid of the shade thanks dude :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
your welcome.

@Ninva: No, submit ANYTHING but it must be sent in before 25th August.

Any submissions after that date wont be accepted so submit anything you got.

If you already submitted terrain and wanna send more then edit the post that you sent your terrain in.

If you decide to send the map and you already sent screenshots, your link on the first post will be reassigned to the post with the map.

Hope this helps.

~Jindo

L

LgZepplin

Fire in the Forest

Here is the first of 2 waterfalls cascading from the top of Mt. Cowa to the ocean below.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_095648_01.gif

Here is the second of the 2 water falls
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_100020_08.gif

This is were the melted snow comes back out of the ground from a cave and heads for the ocean off the top of Mt. Cowa.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_095708_03.gif

This forest fire has been raging for some time now and has burned many acers of lushus forset and grassland
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_095743_04.gif

Here are some of the fist settlers at the base of Mt. Cowa.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_095659_02.gif

It is suspected that a near by demon has started the forest fire, here are some footprints going to twords the fire...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/lgzepplin/WC3ScrnShot_081105_095759_05.gif

Attachments

• Fire in the Forest.w3x
    52.5 KB · Views: 224

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hey, Lg, I can't help but notice that your screenshots are relatively crisp with somewhat randomized pixels popping out of the image. As a suggestion, you could save it as a jpg :)

L

LgZepplin

Yea

yea but my comp would only save them as somthing like jpeg2000 and my image host websit wouldnt take it it was wierd so just bare with them for now till i figure it out... :nuts:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Jindo said:
Those are very good, you really have got the hang of terraining ;).

They're simple but effective, name and link being added to first post.

~Jindo

ty for the positive feedback :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Your welcome.

Lg, your screenies are good except like Rinpun mentioned the crisp stuff, but it doesnt matter as you explained it and sent the map anyway so we can look at that.

Your map looks good, i like the layout and the choice of where you've put all the stuff :).

~Jindo

K

Killfest2

Lgzepplin - Feedback:

I notice you cut off the top of the waterfall in the screenshots, and as the top is generally the hardest point to get right, this may have been deliberate; I hope I'm not reading into this too much, but it was something I observed.

In Screenshot I, I find it a little hard to believe that fire would actually take place where you have it, which seems to me to be below the water - my mistake if it isn't; again, another observation. However, great doodads in the river and below the waterfall, but maybe a little bit more tile variation in the background would help.

Lack of doodads in the immediate foreground and background of Screenshot II brings this screenshot down - they are too focused to the river. Also, as mentioned in Screenshot I, some more tile variation would make it look really good. One thing I noticed was this was a lovely camera position, looking between the trees to the waterfall - good job.

Good use of slope and cliffs in Screenshot III, however the lack of doodads both on land and in the river kills it. Good to see some more tiles being used, however. Also the sky is good, as is the camera angle - you make it look as if there is a drop-off of the mountain, even when it is the edge of the map - nice work.

Now Screenshot IV is good! I love the fire, and how all the trees are fogged out and black in the background looks really realistic! Another thing, the tile matches the scene, with all the grass being burned into plain dirt - good job.

In Screenshot V, there was no excuse for the edge of the map - it just looks plain dodgy - the doodads are better, but still more props are needed to make it look more realistic. Also the environmentals aren't used all that evenly, and some patches are really bare.

In Screenshot VI, I question how Demons would leave brasiers, a human creation and human tool of lighting, as their footprints. Also, interesting how the path gets thicker at some points then drastically thinner at other points - maybe he shrinks and grows rapidly, or walks over the same place twice...?

Anyways, the Screenshots are generally good, but some simple fixes/additions could make them great.

- Killfest2

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yeah i like all the terrain on here so far and im very surprised at how many eople actually entered, i thought id only get about 3 or 4.

just to let all know, Killfest wanted to give constructive feedback about all the terrain submissions so far, hopefully they'll be good :D.

Good luck all, the deadline's approaching (like 13/14 days away LOL!)

~Jindo

K

Killfest2

I'll try, though I'm not guaranteeing I will be able to - it may take me the next two days to do it if I am going to, however, so expect them in a real hurry.

L

LgZepplin

Well for the fire on the ship the ship is supposed to be on fire in general...

as for the demon footprints those are "foot prints" they come with the editor if you look around cause there in the first campaign of WC: TFT...

but thanks for all the help and stuff im going to take it all into account!!

-Lg

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well it's out of place Lg. Raise the fire and put it on a higher raised portion of the ship :)

Yea, here I agree with Lg. Killfest, if you looked at the editor, you would notice that Illidan's footprints are being used there. Nothing wrong with that...except that they're a tad small. Is an Illidan-size imp responsible for the fire or a high grade demon who usually leaves much bigger footprints? You may also want two square blight for the path.

You do need more doodads though Lg. Part of creating a forest is adding a lot of shrubbery and rocks to back it up.

K

Killfest2

Doodads is one of his main areas of concern, along with lack of tile variation in some screenshots.

L

LgZepplin

:D Thanks everyone for help im working on it all and i will post tomorrow if i can :eek:

K

Killfest2

I'll recomment on the new submissions when they get posted.

Bump! (it was almost on page III...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.