Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

K

Killfest2

Thanks.

Expect some more screenies out of me, involving where the forest meets the beach, and futher onto an offshore island.

BrokenX

Reaction score
My Recent Work

hey I wanna be a contestant so ... yeah i'll get my number now lol *gets a ticket* hehe ... heres the peice I will be entering in this contest. This is from the newest map I have been working on secretly ... called "Gods of War" this is the top right corner of the map with some nice sceneri unfinished.

BrokenX

Attachments

• Terrian.JPG
    Terrian.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 271
K

Killfest2

BrokenX, that terrain is fantastic. You used doodads well, and I love how the waterfalls fall in a circular shape. I also love the path across, and the terrain used for that area.

A few things you could fix up:

Remember , water finds it's own height - this means all the waterfalls should flow from the top at the same level. To adjust this, choose the waterfall, and use Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn to adjust the waterfall height.

Some more water doodads would be nice.

On the top level to the right of the waterfall, there is a lack of doodads - add some to make it look more consistant.

Also, try use Environmental Doodads other than Shrub - flowers, mushrooms and rocks would all work too.

Otherwise, great terrain, keep up the good mapping!

K

Killfest2

Whoops, my bad. Sorry :p

Anyways, you could maybe use my suggestions (if you want) in updating the screenshot when it IS finished.

Just trying to help, hence the name of the forum...

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yea I might fill some stuff in later I just wanted to do the whole theme like this ... so I got the whole map looking like this except for one part which is secretly held captive hehe, just cause I thought I would run out of doodads but I guess I never ... but yeah im going to go over it after... and do a little bit of a better job

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I see, looks very nice.

Take as many screenies as you want BrokenX but it must be of the same map.

Your name has been added to the first page (linked to your work ;))

~Jindo

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
When are we judging these, again? I may have to submit my votes early, since I won't be here most of the upcoming week, if the final votes must be in then.

Personally :D Pushing it back to get a few more contestants and maybe let some people improve their work sounds good to me.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
deadline is 25/8/05 (UK) 8/25/05 (USA)

Judges send your results in ASAP after the deadline.

And alexander, if you cant send results then than ok but what if you're gone and someone else joins the contest and submits something?

~Jindo

K

Killfest2

Well, you could times' the other two judges' scores by 1 and a half, as to have all the scores 'out of' the same mark...

K

Killfest2

Well, yeah, good point...maybe he'll be a tight-ass when he judges :p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Oh, trust me, I will be VERY critical when I judge :) I like being the jerk ;)

Jindo said:
deadline is 25/8/05 (UK) 8/25/05 (USA)

Judges send your results in ASAP after the deadline.

And alexander, if you cant send results then than ok but what if you're gone and someone else joins the contest and submits something?

~Jindo

I'll be back by then.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Another Peice Of Art

Hey all thought I would submit another "screenie" so here it is thanks.

BrokenX

Attachments

• Terrian1.JPG
    Terrian1.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 257
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.