Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah ... you can take the other one out I did this one over and found a new angle I like better anyways, plus I think this looks better :p.

BrokenX

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LOL! so replace the old link with the new one, got it :).

EDIT: done

@Alexander: ok thats good, all judges meet up on MSN whenver necessary :).

~Jindo

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yet more Screenies.

Here is another peice I will be entering in this contest, I didn't see a limit sign so , until I do *evil grin* I will keep getting screenies *evil grin* good :). Well here it is. From the map coming to you soon "Gods of War" (AoS). Terrian done by your one and only BrokenX.

Attachments

• Terrian2.JPG
    Terrian2.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 284

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yikes, from all the doodad wasting I see here, maybe I should just make a small map and fill it with freakin doodads :D

I wanted a game that didn't make the engine freak out from all of the shrubbery being used and the fact you can't see the terrain on the ground. Ah well.

Hey look, pretty!

But it took 500 doodads to do and while taking only 2% of a large map it manages to take up 5% of the doodad limit...not to mention it's very hard to manuever in simply because you can't see where you seemed to drop that bloody item when all the fields are up to your chest in grass....

Attachments

• OohPretty.jpg
    OohPretty.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 301

BrokenX

Reaction score
Rinpun the main focus on mine ... was the path lol not the amount of space plus its more mysterious exspecially when your walking into a unchartered zone (AoS) and thus the name "Gods of War" this game is based off Myst some of you may know it so theres lots of secrets held upon here and its based on gods, and war so put that together and you have a mysterious war with secrets within the game. Hehe.

BrokenX

Kenak

Reaction score
Too many forests..

It seems to me that some of the best terrain submissions here are forests, but why does everybody keep on doing forests? The people with true terraining talent should be able to terrain open areas and make them look good, make nice castles, and even an underground cave or something. IMO, forest is the easiest type of terrain piece to make, simple because all it involved are 1) Random tilesets, with leaves and vines under trees, 2) Bunches of scatterd trees throughout the map rotating between canopy and regular (ashenvale) trees, C) Scatter random doodads consisting of: Shrubs, Flowers, and bushes. D) Add logs, lily pads, river rush, and stones. It may sound like alot, but what makes it so easy is the fact that every thing can be randomized and scatterd, done in minutes, yet still look good. In fact, I terrained a forest in...what? 10-15 minutes? This includes making the map, screen shot, PS effects (removing Game View Settings because I was lazy and just pressed v for all of the game views), and file submission to a website. Btw, this screenshot is complete with angles and mini-cinimat
ic look!

I have nothing against any other submissions, I'm just asking to see some 'good' non-forest terrains :)

Forest Terrain: http://uploads.blizzpub.net/uploads/kenak_ForestHunterView.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LOL! good point, almost everyone has done forests but that is a good midnight forest layout, shall i add you?

@BrokenX: very nice but add that to your original terrain post or it will not get linked *evil laugh*.

@Rinpun: all those little bushes make it look empty, i like that :p!

~Jindo

S

Sheep_Quest

Is more then One Submision allowed?

I would like to do a dungeon 2 if you let me :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
i told everyone before..

only one map but you can have as many screenshots of that map as you want.

You can remove all your screenshots and change them with a dungeon :).

~Jindo

L

LgZepplin

2nd Chance...??

Hey, i was thinking mabye we should do a "round 2" to this terraining contest but put a certain objective on it like you have to do a sunken ruins temple or something ya know??

just an idea to throw around let me know if its a

YAY or NAY

-Lg :eek:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know forests are done a lot. Do give my map some thought though because, seriously, that is the first 'beautific' forest I've ever created. :D

(I specialize in a sorts of things, but my old range was to create underground lairs and ruined/corrupted cities)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
when is this competition done!?!
I think u guys gave too much time to the people entering..
its been 2 weeks since this started (aprox)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
So wait...would you prefer if I submitted a wildernessish terrain-dedicated map instead of a forest-melee map hybrid? Well, here are some screenies I put together just for the fun of it to mimic a nasty desert with the usual pieces of scenery--oasises.

Attachments

• ValleyOasis.jpg
    ValleyOasis.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 285
  • ValleyOverlook.jpg
    ValleyOverlook.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 298
T

Tom_Green

Terrain Entry

heh, I'm not sure if anybody looks at this anymore, or if it's already done, but here is my entry:
Corrupted Throne Room
This was once the beautiful throne room of the great King Thari VI. But one day, a shadow passed over the land, and it suddenly turned very cold, and many of the townspeople were turned into monstrosities of unfiltered horror. The people that were left in normality soon beame corrupted, and turned on their king, blaming him for the incident. They charged the castle, and broke into the throne room. The king was beating, slashed, and torn to bloody ribbons. What was left of his body was thrown into the sewers along with the rest of the discarded carcasses. Eventually, the sewers corrupted the nearby freshwater, causing the once clear, crisp water to be tainted with filth, and blood. Now the throne room has dimmed to an evil dark red, and bones riddle the room. Cages can be seen with pits of fire beneath them, that the tainted townspeople put captured merchants into, and watched with sick glee, as the men writhed, and screamed as they were burned alive. Blood flows from the walls, and any who enter feel at once, the coldness, and evil that still resides within the room.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Actually that is a very nice screenie I like it the colors blend well with everything goodjob.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
just a bit of constructive critisizem

looks good, but why are there torches in the middle of the pathway to the throne? and why do all the cages and rocks sort of go in a line around the edge? if they were defouling the room they wouldnt defoul only the edges...other than that good job

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I like that, if you havent already submitted anything ill link your name to that.

I developed a race in a dungeon with torches going through the middle of the path, it looked cool so i kept it :).

@Rinpun: did you add that to your original post or is this a new entry?

@LgZepplin: probably a nay until this contest is over.

~Jindo

T

Tom_Green

Response

The "rocks" are actually skull piles, and i know you cant see it very well, but the skulls are actually in pools of blood that have corpses and flies in em too. Thank you for your input though. And as for the torches, I put those in last, because I thougt it gave the room a kind've haunted look.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.