Terraining Contest, Reward being decided.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
LoL it did!

I've added a link to your name which will direct you to your art :).

Good luck if yoou decide to submit another screenie (must be of the same map, edit your first terrain post to add a new one).

~Jindo

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
looks good, but why are there torches in the middle of the pathway to the throne? and why do all the cages and rocks sort of go in a line around the edge? if they were defouling the room they wouldnt defoul only the edges...other than that good job

Why would the cages NOT be in a straight line? :p What? They can't be neat murderous demonic sadistic cultists? :)

The skulls (rocks? Where do you see ROCKS, in a pile of white skulls?! LOL!) are actually pretty cool. It sort of looks like they've killed so many people, and got such a huge collect of these things that they just started chucking them in the little... River? Pond? Flooded part of the base? over there, just to free up the area in the center (the path to the throne, torture chamber, whatever the hell ya call it :) )

By the way, Jindo... Do they have to NAME their screenshots? Just a stupid question, really, I thought it'd be fun(ny) :)

D

Decapatater

Jindo said:
I like that, if you havent already submitted anything ill link your name to that.

I developed a race in a dungeon with torches going through the middle of the path, it looked cool so i kept it :).

@Rinpun: did you add that to your original post or is this a new entry?

@LgZepplin: probably a nay until this contest is over.

~Jindo

I just thaught of something... you know how people can make 1st person view and make it so u push up and your guy moves? well someone should make a race track and a model for the car or use a vehicle that is already there and make it 1st person and the move thing. It would be awesome!!!

Sargon

Reaction score
Blizzard already did it. It's called Azeroth Grand Prix.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
And it's a very cool map...except the music is still too overused and therefore takes away from the game....

:D

Well, Jindo, it was nothing in particular. I'm just bored. I'm sticking with my forest terrain for now simply because I don't think I'll have time to make something more unique. It seems like everyone else is suddenly submitting forests alongside mine, reducing the uniqueness I originally wanted.

Well, I'll be at a retreat for the rest of this week starting tomorrow, so good luck everyone on their terrain and please make it something unique ;)

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
hey jindo, i think we should end the contest earlier, because it seems that everyone has edited/posted their submission...so really its just wating for another 8 days....and meanwhile this thread is goin down page wise...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Just as a note to all you great terrainers, I am starting a big team map and we need terrainers to make parts of the map, if you're interested then go here to see whats available, and post if you want to join (and claim a section if you want).

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Kenak said:
It seems to me that some of the best terrain submissions here are forests, but why does everybody keep on doing forests? The people with true terraining talent should be able to terrain open areas and make them look good, make nice castles, and even an underground cave or something. IMO, forest is the easiest type of terrain piece to make, simple because all it involved are 1) Random tilesets, with leaves and vines under trees, 2) Bunches of scatterd trees throughout the map rotating between canopy and regular (ashenvale) trees, C) Scatter random doodads consisting of: Shrubs, Flowers, and bushes. D) Add logs, lily pads, river rush, and stones. It may sound like alot, but what makes it so easy is the fact that every thing can be randomized and scatterd, done in minutes, yet still look good. In fact, I terrained a forest in...what? 10-15 minutes? This includes making the map, screen shot, PS effects (removing Game View Settings because I was lazy and just pressed v for all of the game views), and file submission to a website. Btw, this screenshot is complete with angles and mini-cinimat
ic look!

I have nothing against any other submissions, I'm just asking to see some 'good' non-forest terrains :)

Forest Terrain: http://uploads.blizzpub.net/uploads/kenak_ForestHunterView.jpg

what??!?
U calling my terraining crappy? :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
[whisper]hes trying to phsyc you out, ignore it!![/whisper]

@Alexander: no, only name it if you want to :).

@hobo218: the deadline stands, people have joined at very random times, some people could be working on some stuff right now :).

~Jindo

BrokenX

Reaction score
entering another peice here it is

Attachments

• Terrian3.JPG
    Terrian3.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 292

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
DONT END CONTEST!!! Im still here to add my terrian! Im just still finshing it. Forest/Beach/Mountain. Plz wait ill probley submit it today.

BrokenX i saw that in a post 4 months ago... lol.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That looks nice, but BrokenX, are you adding these to your original terrain post? anyway, this is sunken ruins so its obviously a new map, shall i relink again?.

@UnknowVector: you've still got about 5 days so were not ending until then, if you want to enter then hurry up lol.

~Jindo

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
My contribution

Heres my terrain for a forest.
Size: 32x32
Tileset: Ashenvale

Sherrywater Woods

Overview

Scene 1: Dravestine Waterfall
As a show of local wildlife, a bear is in the river hoping to find a tasty fish for dinner.

Scene 2: Dravestine Waterfall From Above
You can see the bear as it still hunts fish for its dinner and at the top of the waterfall you can see a raccoon as it forages in the grass.

Scene 3: Peacefull Meadow
A fawn and a buck are in the meadow chewing on grass and the numerous leaves of the nearby bushes.

Thats all for now. I might add more later but I'm done for now.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Map: Lonely Lake Forest
Size: 64x64
Tileset: Ashenvale Forest
Type: 16:9 JPG (854x480)

Progress:
08/21/05 - 20:38 MST - Terraining and screenshoting is done, now for TGA>JPG and naming.
08/21/05 - 21:24 MST - Sneak Peek, will get the rest of the screenshots up tomorrow (4 of them + 1 overview)

Screen I: Arriving at Lonely Lake shore
Lonely Lake is a remote mountain lake in Magrodia, the beauty of its shores and forests has long attracted lots of visitors and animals alike to enjoy its magnificance. However, the abundance of rain in this area often makes the visitors' journey from joy into frustration.

Screen II: Little Meadow for a little peace of mind
A small open grass area inside the dense Lonely Lake forest. Many free roaming beasts and animals uses this place as a resting area, a hunting ground, and to some a place to feed on the green green grass.

Screen III: Lonely Forest Road
This road is the main artery in traveling to the Lonely Forest by road; however, rain had made this road nearly unusable due to the softer soils around the area. Many small animals made this road as their beacon in case they got lost in the woods. The Lonely Waterfall is nearby, allowing the Lonely Stream to float into Tempest Lake.

Screen IV: Lonely Cliffs overwatching Tempest Lake
This is one of the main scout points in Magrodia during the war of the Coalianton Mountains. This easily defended nook provides the scouts with a clear view of the lake and also allows them to defend their position with ease. This post has long been abandoned due to the increase of the already heavy rain around the area. Today this spot is a photographer's favorite shooting spot, providing them with a spectacular view of the lake below.

Overall

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
not long to go, 2-4 days remaining. ill add you to to the first thread (they look very nice ;)).

hurry up unkowvector lol!

~Jindo

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Heres mine cutting close to dealine

Map: Where the River Meets the Sea
Tileset: Does it matter? I changed tiles
Size: 64x64

Sorry no screen shot.... i have one thats 2 megabites and 1 thats 1.6... they ate my space so fast im not evening gonna try and use them lol. In game cinematic mode will show you my uber angles then turn you to normal with no fog so you can scroll around and look with animations going and such.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
close? lol VERY close :p..

ill add you to the first post soon, im busy right now.

Not Very Constructive Feedback:

It looks good overall :p, just to say you stand a fairly good chance :p.

~Jindo

L

Luciann

I kinda did mine at the last minute, today made it this morning.

Its called:
The Cave of the Roc

This Dungeon is a fiery crater that has an opening, a tunnel that attaches to an underground city, you will notice it if you see the cave opening above the stairs/ramps.

However, when the tunnel was opened by the dwarves, they had no idea what was living inside. They came upon the nesting grounds of the fabled Roc!

Attachments

• Shot1Cave.jpg
    Shot1Cave.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Shot2Cave.jpg
    Shot2Cave.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Shot3Cave.jpg
    Shot3Cave.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Shot4Cave.jpg
    Shot4Cave.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 386
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.