Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Contestant 3

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Here are the screenshots of the Terraining Contest participants! Please vote!

CONTESTANT 1

MOVIE: STARTROOPERS

STILL:

still.jpg

SCREENSHOTS
shot-1.jpg

shot-2.jpg

shot-3.jpg

shot-4.jpg

CONTESTANT 2

MOVIE: DIE TOTEN VOM SCHWARZWALD

STILL:

still-1.jpg

SCREENSHOTS:
shot-1-1.jpg

shot-2-1.jpg

shot-3-1.jpg

shot-4-1.jpg

CONTESTANT 3

MOVIE: KING KONG

STILL:

still-2.jpg

SCREENSHOTS:
shot-1-2.jpg

shot-2-2.jpg

shot-3-2.jpg

shot-4-2.jpg

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
1. contestant - this is actually the only pic that shows scene of a real action, but the terrain was just too poor and seems like a lot of things could be added in
2. contestant - this is completely different - nice terrain, but no action
3. contestant - yeah there's the kong and the planes, but the pic seems just too static and the terrain is nothing more than spammed unfitting buildings (with an imported skyscraper? :eek:)

to be honest I don't like any of these, but I've put my vote

EDIT: omg I just realized how you made the skyscraper with doodads xd

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> (with an imported skyscraper? )
It's not imported. It's just a few doodads that were cleverly stretched and stacked on top of each other.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not terribly fond of any of them, but I suppose 3 was the most creative, and it has a nice atmosphere the others lack.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As Sandman shows us, no one really needs to use imports, anything is really possible to make with dummies and patience.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
o_O Well than, can I deem that this contest theme was not very successful :p The season ones were more succesful.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a future terraining contest, though (Halloween, anyone?).

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
#1 has action, which is nice, but the terrain isn't very well made.
#2 is rather boring, it's a really nice terrain, but it feels so static that I don't see is being a movie.
#3 looks ugly but by far gets the most creativity points. It also has some action. For the no imports restrictions this is pretty good.

gl to all :)

btw, Why no spoilers? I feel so stretched.

Opa

Reaction score
For the sake of Contestor 1, I voted for him.
At least he participated and took some time. I liked the film Startroopers a lot. The other ones are also nice.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Voted for contestant number 3. Even though the scene is a bit static, it seems to be the best atmosphere that directly relates to the movie scene chosen. Also kudos for the innovative skyscraper, I thought it was imported when I first saw it lol.

The first one doesn't have great terrain and it doesn't really give the feel of the movie scene chosen either....
The second one has great terrain, but it doesn't pull off the difficult scene mainly because it was a close-up. Should have chosen a better scene to imitate with that kind of terrain imo :).

GJ to all the participants for participating, unlike me :p.

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
Having a hard time between deciding between the 2nd and 3rd one. :banghead: The 1st one isn't really that great, though still preety good. HMMMMMMM.. gotta say the third one because while the second one has great terrain unlike the last one, the last one's simplicity seems to capture or relate to its image the best :thup: so yeah the 3rd one but all of them are really worth lokking at...... lol can't mike decent terrain myself:cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.