Terraining - Rivers Basics

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
CJ: The ponds at the bottom need to be a bit less sketchy. Most ponds don't have puddles of water creeping out from the pond :p

Rad

Reaction score
Kitt said:
Eh, a nice ramp tutorial might be nice >.> I find myself baffled as to the mechanics of ramps. They only work on levels one level apart, and only if enough space is allowed. Meaning long, or tall ramps are a no show =(

Mrow.

You can use elevators, stone ramps (In bridges/ramps doodad section to do that as well, it wouldnt look right if it went from 6 cliff to 2 cliff size, that would just be so stretched out :rolleyes:

K

Knyves

Nice tutorial. But I find it better to make a new map, and make the initial water level "Shallow Water". Then use the raise tool until you see some green, then use the plateu tool over the whole map. Then you can put nice looking water wherever you want.

But that way's good, too.

K

Knyves

Well other people will see it and be all "Woah! That dude's right. I'm gonna give him 70 virgins and a liter of cola." :D

cjrocks

Reaction score
cjrocks, i know u sed ur a beginer, but u need some constructive critiscisim :D . Firstly, u have way too many waterfall doodads on it, it just looks a bit of a jumble. If u can't get the angle right, then just place the waterfall, click on it (so it has a green ring round it), hold ctrl and hold left mouse button and u can rotate it. And secondly, ur lagoons water is ABOVE ground level. How is that possible? Thirdly, u need a few more water and environment doodads.
However, it was a nice try for a beginer. my first waterfall thing was way worse than urs. :eek:

haha thanks :D
i actualy did this when i was 15. im 19 now and i've been off round the world and done a lot of programing and scripting in university and am quite excited to be getting back into this.
but thanks for your interest, i may have a go at making a decent version in a day or to to exercise your tips ;D

take care

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.