Terraining - Volcano Island

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
AceHart said:
Would it be possible to resize those screenshots to about half the current size?
(Optional: without the grid (or is there some particular reason to have it?))

I resized the images a bit. Well, the grid is there to show, what it would look like in editor. (And I realized after taking the screenshots that I can remove the grid in WE:p)

2-P said:
*Doodads, not doodaas.

Fixed the spelling mistakes too, im not a natural english speaker so forgive those:p

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
True, but when I made the screenshots, I used this trigger:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Set the time of day to 12.00
        Game - Set time of day speed to 0.00% of the default speed

So techincally the time didnt move, (dont care about einsteins theories) and neither did the lava. Conclusion: No burnt trees. :D:D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
:confused: I don't really have a clue what you just said, but i'm going to assume it means something along the lines of:
"When I took this screenshot, time was stopped, so the lava didn't move, and never touched the trees."

Fair point. But if I made Volcano Island, everything on the island would probably be dead :)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Wiseman_2 said:
:confused: I don't really have a clue what you just said, but i'm going to assume it means something along the lines of:
"When I took this screenshot, time was stopped, so the lava didn't move, and never touched the trees."

Fair point. But if I made Volcano Island, everything on the island would probably be dead :)

I was just kidding;)

Jimpy said:
I would recomend using some form of sandy-grassy-dirt between the grass and the shore, aswell aso n the inside towards the volcano.

Ill add that to the tut. (if it looks good:D)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Well its a long story, but actually I didnt. Just made a custom tileset and mixed the sand and the dirt. Sorry for that.:( But it looks almost the same.:p

A

AzerothRage

can you like show me a terraing effect for my maze?

i know its a stupid idea :banghead: but i need it for my maze

(FYI: My maze theme is desert and the name is maze of desert riders.)

:D Please :D
oh and for any one canuse this map its as far as i got...

i made red spawn up a check point 2 beacuse i was working on check point two! :p :rolleyes:

Attachments

• mitches map.w3x
    83.2 KB · Views: 339

Anything.

Reaction score
Andrewgosu said:
Note: Remember, you can test and play with all the options I mentioned to give the isnalnd even a better look.
You spelled island wrong there :p

Good tutorial, didn't think you would use the actual volcano doodad. Just two things about your example - 1. There are trees in the lava and 2. Nice troll ROFL.

I'm going to practice this terrain and then maybe use it someday, I dunno.

N

nicomon

I have no pageup or pagedown on my computer. anyone know what i should use instead?

N

nicomon

My computer is a laptop, and it was built with no pageup or pagedown. and it's a mac.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Menu: File / Configure controls
Under "terrain editor", find Object list - move up/down and change it?

No idea if that actually exists or what it looks like on macs...

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Hm... well, you should be able to change the keys to whatever you want.

File -> Configure Controls
You have to look for Selection - Decrease/Increase Z

Edit: QQ

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
My computer is a laptop, and it was built with no pageup or pagedown. and it's a mac.

Ouch. :(

You should be able to use Fn+down arrow and Fn+up arrow (that's what I have, but I'm not sure if it's the same for macs)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.