Terraria

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_Q6NZSJtq8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6NZSJtq8U[/video]

New game out on steam,

Inspired by Minecraft but features more extensive objectives and adventuring.

You can create a character, and it can persist within different worlds you create on single player and multiplayer servers.

So any of you played it? Any achievements yet?

As for me..

Bunch of NPCs, bunch of health and mana upgrades.
Gold tools.
I found an Underground Forest.
Found Corruption, broken my first Shadow Orb (with dynamite, not Nightmare) and got a Musket.
Found Flippers from a chest deep underwater.
Found an Enchanted Boomerang... that's about it for now.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Been playing multiplayer with a friend over the past few days, the game is pretty intense!

I currently have beaten two bosses (Eye of Cthulu and Eater of Worlds, not sure how many more there are), as a result I've got 'nightmare' weaponry and armour which has proven to be really useful. I was also faced with a goblin raid earlier, followed by a Blood Moon.

Also from beating the bosses and general cave exploring I've found Ball O' Hurt, Hermes Boots, Cloud in a Bottle and Magic Mirror; all extremely useful!

Still trying to procure a hook from skeletons so that I may grapple.

I really enjoy having random events in the game such as Blood Moon and Goblin attacks and hope I've still got a lot of unseen things to uncover.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
I;m only playing on single player.. I desperately want that mining cap since nobody lights the way for me. haha

I once went mining under water (it involved a lot of dying) but basically, dig staight down and follow the water.
Digging air pockets is hard when you have to switch to torch and pick to figure out what you're digging.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I have a server I play with a couple friends thru Hamachi. If anyone wants to join let me know.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Only single player for me.

Found 4 magic mirrors.
2 enchanted boomerangs
1 breathing reed
1 cloud in a bottle
1 shiny red balloon
1 horseshoe
1 musket (from a shadow orb)
Found 3 altars.
Full gold tool set and armor.
Mining cap :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think I dug in to the 'hell' region of the underground just now, I got thrown in to lava very quickly by the enemies down there :p

I plan to return to collect some of the hellstone I saw.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I also run a multiplayer server. Yet I have basically every item in the game already... For now anyway.

Join if you want.
Network is AriaNetwork, pass is obvious.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
My friends and I mainly got terraria for content because Minecraft lacks content and lacks updates. We thought terraria would be getting updates more often but the developers said that they plan to continue development as long as there is a fan-base, but Minecraft said the same thing. That being said, I am not saying i dislike terraria its just that once i got to the end game content, i went back to minecraft.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
My friends and I mainly got terraria for content because Minecraft lacks content and lacks updates. We thought terraria would be getting updates more often but the developers said that they plan to continue development as long as there is a fan-base, but Minecraft said the same thing. That being said, I am not saying i dislike terraria its just that once i got to the end game content, i went back to minecraft.

I might actually go back if Minecraft actually adds some content.
Seriously, maps? Like that's going to make me go back to playing. Multiplayer nether? Been there done that with Bukkit. Hatches? Purely decor. Tall Grass? Done that too with Better Grass.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Have I missed something, because I don't feel too excited about it, even when I played it at my friend's?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
It feels very grindy to me.

Click 10 times to kill a *insert generic monster*
Repeat to infinity.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Have I missed something, because I don't feel too excited about it, even when I played it at my friend's?

You must sit down by yourself, with a brand new character and build your very own first house.
After fighting off zombies in pure desperation for an entire in-game night and finally finishing that safe haven you'll know what I'm talking about. ;)

Here's a quick pic of my house, btw.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7980/2011060100001p.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Since my hard drive died I've had to start over, fortunately I was able to salvage items from the chests on my friend's server.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Only disappointing thing is that once you'v beaten all 4 bosses' there is really nothing much else to do :/

But yeah it is fun multiplayer.
Team's or Verses.

Anyone know when the new update comes out? v1.0.6 ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.