TESH for NewGen

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
TESH for Grimoire/NewGen pack.
This time based on DLL injection, works and feels much more native.
Features include:
-syntax highlighting
-code folding
-function AutoComplete
-parameter list pops up when it detects (
-Find and Replace

New in this version is a function list that shows you the function's code form blizzard.j or native definition from common.j (yes, yes, that thing like JassCraft or JSP).
Ctrl+clicking on a function will make this list pop up with the function you clicked on automatically loaded.
It can also disable that warning message that appears when you convert a trigger.

Installation: simply run TESH_Install.exe and specify the path to grimoire/NewGen. Optionally you can specify your Trigger Editor's title if you're using a non-English version (this can also be modified through TESH.conf).

To uninstall edit we.conf.lua and remove the line which loads TESH.dll. After that you can also delete the TESH directory.

Code:
-much faster, large triggers now completely fold almost instantly
-Fold All button
-always Fold All option for specific triggers
-saves scroll position
-bug fixes, namely Ctrl+V and Ctrl+Z are no longer passed to the trigger editor
-F3 is the Find Next button now
-function list can now be merged with the trigger editor as well
-all constants defined in common.j and blizzard.j can be viewed through the function list
-you can import your own functions by putting a .j file with them in the includes directory
-AutoComplete can be made case-insensitive
-syntax check is now possible again, no vJass support though
-more color customization
-styles are now saved in a separate INI file that can easily be modified outside the program itself, you can also use this to share your own "themes"

-initial DLL version

Attachments

• TESH.7z
    568.5 KB · Views: 864
  • TESH_install.zip
    737 KB · Views: 1,233

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
>>> (yes, yes, that thing like JassCraft or JSP).

We have been waiting this for ages :)

EDIT:

small note:
you should make the Install button change to OK after it finishes installation.

I am by no ways complaining on TESH.

With NewGen + TESH world editor looks so cool and works so cool it makes me wanna cry

It has finally reached "god intended" state
and whole of universe is in harmony... :)

EDIT2:

I love those "Enabled" and "Run on Map Initialization" checkboxes

EDIT3:

Small problem when I paste some text into the trigger with Ctrl-V
WE also detects it as a trigger paste,
so what happens is that it at the same time pastes text into the trigger
and pastes a copy of a last trigger selected for copying.

I doubt you can "fix" this because I don't believe you can control WE keyboard events.
I am just saying it in the rare event that you can (if injection has that option)

It is not a real bug anyway just an annoyance.
A really big annoyance in fact, I like using keyboard for copy-paste
I think the simplest solution would be to change the shortcut for pasting in TESH
Change it to something like Shift-V

EDIT4:

Also could you add 80 chars line margin, it really helps me when programming.

EDIT 5:

Is there such thing as overfeedback :D

substance

Reaction score
Nice, I never installed the old version but I'l give this a shot.

Very nice, played with it a little bit and didnt run into any immediate problems.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
This version looks like it has been World Editor part from start, search function is too sweet to be true. It is even faster than JASSCraft search. It has all good sides of JASSCraft and new power to comperhend JASS as whole ( I hope I didn' t miss-spelled it because my usual dictionary site is currently off-line). But isn' t there button for syntax check on fly ?
Very good work SFilip, btw are you from Russia ?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
No, not from Russia, I'm from Serbia.

Cohadar I'll see what I can do about that pasting issue...
Margin...ok I'll make it possible to turn it on.

Any other feature requests?

substance

Reaction score
Resizing the native functions window can permantly screw it up.

It's hard to describe.. just resize the window to its extremes and you'll see what i mean.

A

Aw2k6

In the installation process, I can't target a folder and press ok. I have to get the address. It'd just be an easier thing if you can choose the folder and press OK instead of OPEN.

When you put out new versions, will we be able to just reinstall it over where it's already at?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
If you scroll the header too quickly, it locks up for several seconds.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Resizing the native functions window can permantly screw it up.
No idea what you're talking about.
I just tried resizing it to almost full screen and everything went fine.

> I can't target a folder and press ok.
You're not supposed to. Target we.conf.lua inside it.

> If you scroll the header too quickly, it locks up for several seconds.
Yes, this is how scintilla handles long text files. I really doubt there is anything I can do to fix it.

> Can you do this with New Gen running?
Any point in that?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well if you want to you can completely turn off folding in the options.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
It scrolls up to the beginning of trigger every time I switch between triggers.

Is there any way you can make it remember current line ?

It is really taxing in big scripts...

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
I love it... it has only two problems for me:

1) It's too damn bright (yellow and green and magenta on white.... Ouch). I have the brightness on my monitor set to 0 and still it is too bright. That's why I use JassCraft - nice easy blue background with white text and gray comments (not bright green), bold white important stuff, soft orange for globals and arrays and stuff, a nice dark maroon for types (unit,widget,integer), but mostly I love the blue background and white text. Any way to get that done?

2) The other reason that I prefer JassCraft over this - Popups. Function list and such like that are new windows in TESH... but JassCraft simply drops them on the side of the page, so that you know where they are, and they don't hide things (functions and whatnot) behind them. It's really more intuitive to put those things off to the side.

So yeah, mostly my concern is the Retina Burn - I think I can live with popups. Otherwise TESH gets five Dirty Degernerate Drunken Bastard Brawlers out of five.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It's cool. +REP

Anyway, some problems with the *highlighting:

- It doesn't highlight "types"
- It doesn't highlight "static" methods

That's all I see that's wrong with it. Good job!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Parse? You mean highlight?
I'm not really so up-to-date with JH anymore but I'll add those.

> Is there any way you can make it remember current line ?
Still trying to figure to do this, but I think I have an idea...

@Waaaaagh
1. Most of the colors can be customized, but not the background ATM. I'll add that in the next version.
2. Well you see...this is really a matter of preference. I really hate bloated programs that have hundreds of icons and stuff all around.
I could perhaps make the function list dock with the main window and all, but I really consider this a huge waste of time.
Nevertheless the function list can be made always on top (I think that's the default actually) so you can pretty much place it anywhere you want and keep it active there, my personal preference being right over the Trigger Comment Box.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
>Do you mean highlight?

Sort of... Erm... You know how it turns stuff like "takes" and "function" and "endfunction" etc. to bold. Well, it doesn't bold "static" and "type" (or "extends")

Lol...

Ya know... It doesn't actually matter much though. I was just pointing it out. xD

A

Aw2k6

*waves goodbye to Jasscraft*

Awesome :D

I haven't waved goodbye yet. Anything beyond simple I still use Jasscraft. It's still much easier to use, and the background color is killer. Which that can (I presume) be easily implemented, so that's not a factor in comparing. I rather like the docked function list a LOT more, as it won't be moved around, you don't have to re-open and close it if you go to other apps, etc. It's also nicer on the side, and if I wanted the same results with TESH, I'd have to resize the trigger window and random shtuff.

vile

Reaction score
Noone gets any big lag when browsing big functions? and i mean BIG triggers with alot of functions in them. I have 1 trigger that consists of all my base functions, it gives me a shitload of lag when it reads it, until my pc is actually frozen, and i have a pretty fast pc. doesnt happen with jasscraft.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this happens to only me or everyone, but when I try to highlight my trigger and use scroll mouse wheel the text goes bigger or smaller instead of moving.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
O_T, I failed to reproduce this. Scintilla does have a feature to Zoom the text in and out, but that's done using Ctrl and + or - on the numpad.
I'll add some more customization possibility in the next version which will hopefully solve both Aw2k6 and Orc_Tamer's problem.

As for vile's problem...while testing, when I tried to open the Caster System, I noticed that it takes an extremely long time to scroll, at least the first time you do it. It also burdened the CPU ridiculously considering it's a text editor we're talking about...
This seems to happen because of code folding, works like a charm when you turn that off. However code folding is kind of made for long triggers...so yeah, a very unconvinient bug.
I'll see if I can do something about it, the wait can perhaps at least be reduced if I make it possible to only fold certain things (only functions or so).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.