Test Map problem - Uninstall Question

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
When i make a map or open one via the World Editor and i try to test it, it won't let me, saying "Unable to save file "c:\program files\warcraft iii\Maps\Test\WorldEditTestMap.w3x". I don't try to save it, only when i press "Test Map" button. So, in order to open any map, i have to normally load the game and Single Game - Custom play it. No map is testable via the Editor. I didn't have this problem; it recently showed up. I tried to delete the default map it is created, the "WorldEditTestMap.w3x", but nothing happened. It just creates that map everytime i want to test one, but it just doesn't open it. Now, apart from the obvious question of "what's wrong/ what should i do?", i want to ask you something more. If i uninstall the game, the cd key will be lost? If i then re-install it, it will say that they key is invalid (cause it has been used already once) or the system will understand that all files were deleted and the key remains free?

emilemil1

Reaction score
a cd key can be used (i think) infinite number of times, they only block players from using battle net (thats why cracked/key-gen:ed game cant play over official servers)

u should be fine with reinstalling :) i have got a working wc3 on 3 computers, all installed from the same disc, i just can't play online with all at the same time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.