Testing for a fun little map

S

Slaughter

I will have a fun little map ready to test this evening. Anyone on Azeroth is welcome to help out. Players can be as many as twelve, and I don't have that many irl friends that play war3.

Post here if you are interested. If people care, I'll give instructions for meeting up in a channel.

I should give information about the theme: it's more like pass the bomb than anything else, but it's two teams rather than ffa, and it should be more strategic (positioning, cornering) and less reflex-y.

I tried to add a loading screen and found that targa (.tga) files are not compressed at all. A 50k jpd costs 3 megs if it's a tga...seems unlikely that I'll use one. Is there any way around this?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
yah blp is awsome. you can have like a 9999999x9999999 image take up like 5 kb and still look good.

S

Slaughter

oh, duh, right.

It looks like for a really nice-looking loading screen, I'll need to spend maybe 150 or 200 k. A landscape could get away with less, but I just took a screenshot from WE.

I am thinking about ways to expand this fun little map. The working title for an expanded version is now 'Wendigo Olympics.'

The current game I have made is a keep-away game: two teams, one ball. You clap to steal the ball from the enemy carrier. Everyone but the carrier can clap; the carrier has a 'throw the ball' ability that he can use to pass it to allies or enemies. Everyone has a slow-poison ability on a 500-range attack, just to make things more confusing. Clap radius is 250, throw range is 1100. Everyone can blink (800 range) but the guy with the ball can only blink 500. First team to hold the ball for a total of 150 seconds wins. The game throws a win-point up on the multiboard, and it starts again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.