Text Based Game

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Here is the website. You can read the full rules there. Eeal Rising is a text based (numbers based really) game. It hasn't really been tested in the wild yet, so PLEASE if you decide to play, let me know what you think.

It will automatically start when 6 players have joined, and once someone wins, it will reset itself. I'll use the time between games to work out all the constants in the math, but the game is quite playable right now, and it doesn't take a lot of effort TO play. I can't give you an estimate of how many days a game will actually take, but if you don't talk to any other players, each day shouldn't take more than a few minutes. If you do decide to talk (plot away people), it could take longer, particularly if you decide to talk about lolcats while your at it.

I can haz enterested partiz?

Edit June 2011: Its worth noting that link is long dead. This never got off the ground.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You need an auto-redirect-back when you register/sign in.
Joined once again.

Prometheus

Reaction score
We only has 2 ppl joined. :(
+rep to anyone who joins!

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Obviously there is an oversight in my game start system, no one knows when the game will start. I have made some modifications to correct this.

Instead of starting when a set amount of players join the game, the game will now start on a specific date.

This time the game will start on July 08 2008. If my code modifications glitch, I will start the game manually, so prepare yourself to start on July 8. Hopefully you guys are still interested in playing.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I would rep you Daskunk but I've given out too much rep again. :(

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just joined it.

How often do games start?

UnknowVector

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a rep limit. o.o

Anyway, I haven't hit it yet, so everyone who has joined should have gotten some from me. I wish I could see a rep log to make sure though.

UndeadDragon, this one is starting on the eighth, however, only one game will be going at once (for now at least). So the time between games is entirely dependent on how long each game lasts. Currently, a new game will start 3 days after the previous game ends. That number of course, depends on how (un)popular the game gets.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Okey I joined but, I'm not good in english so could someone explain short what you have to do? The only thing I understood was collect 10000 eeal and build offensive or defensive..

Edit: I think I got it. But when does it start?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Draphoelix, UnknowVector just said that it starts on the 8th of July. I will be on then :)

EDIT: 600th post :)

UnknowVector

Reaction score
When the game has started, the message telling you when it starts will be replaced by a line of 4 numbers. Each one tells you how much of a specific type of Eeal you will get for converting one Pure Eeal into that type of Eeal.

Say you turn 10 Pure Eeal into Fire Eeal (either offensive or defensive). If the number labeled "Fire Eeal Conversion" is 4, you will lose 10 Pure Eeal, in exchange for 40 Fire Eeal. Now say the next day, that number falls to 2. When you convert the 40 Fire Eeal back to Pure Eeal, you lose 40 Fire Eeal in exchange for 20 Pure Eeal.

I guess math is a universal language, so maybe this will be more clear:
Code:
10 Pure Eeal * 4 Fire Eeal = 40 Fire Eeal

40 Fire Eeal * 1 Pure Eeal = 20 Pure Eeal

You have two ways to win, exploit the changing conversion rate to gain 10000 Pure Eeal. Or get so much Offensive Eeal that everyone else loses all their Pure Eeal.

It starts on the eighth which is Tuesday, specifically Noon central time.

EDIT: Never try to align underscores like division signs. I doubt that will work for anyone with a non-standard font. Sorry.

EDIT EDIT: K this post is about 3 posts too late. Sorry, I got hungry halfway through and wandered off to eat some cheese.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is Roku from this forum aswell?

No +rep from kc? :p I'm only joking, can't wait for next game to start. :D

Prometheus

Reaction score
I've given out to much rep in the last 24 hrs....again.
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.