Text Based Game

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You have a mySQL database error.

Code:
Warning: mysql_close(): 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eealking/public_html/index.php on line 191

It looks like it has also wiped users, because when I tried to login, it said non-existant username.

Looks like it has crashed :(

EDIT: Now, I am the only one in the game.

True that. Will we have to make new accounts or do you plan to be able to restore the old?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
True that. Will we have to make new accounts or do you plan to be able to restore the old?

Refer to the post above.

Just wondering... What actually happened to the last game?

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>Just wondering... What actually happened to the last game?

Stupid balancing resulted in everyone dieing instantly. Under the new rules, if you were to spend all your Eeal on defense at the start of the game, and every other player spent all their Eeal on Offense, you would survive. (And they would all be killed by each others offense of course)

The second game, with corrected rules, has started.

I'm glad the three of you are still willing to help.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only 3 people so far in this game. :(

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Yeah it's a little depressing, but I was expecting to lose almost everyone after that last attempt >.>

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Won't let me sign up, "the game has started".

I just tested with another account and this happened to that aswell.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
The game has started. However, nothing has actually happened yet so anyone who wants to join, can still PM me a username and password and I will add them to the database manually.

However, that offer is only good until about 9:15 tonight since things will happen at noon tomorrow.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the site down at the moment? I can't get on it.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
The server was down when the script tried today (Noon, July 14) to run I think (I can see that is going to be a problem, the servers get reboot every few days, or more). However, everything seems to be working nicely now. The script ran at ~3:00 PM instead.

You guys are all alive, Draphoelix and Roku are showing the effects of not doing anything for two days though. I had to use a ~7:30 AM backup at ~1:00 PM on Sunday though, so if you made a movement in that time range, please alert me and I will correct for it.

EDIT: Ooo we were moved to the games forum, that was a good idea :)

UnknowVector

Reaction score
No, Noon, like its supposed to. Unless the server is being rebooted at Noon again. In which case I will make the script run between Noon and 1 PM.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this still going?

It hasn't run for a few days.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Yes it has, it just hasn't done anything to any of you because of your defense. XD

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's more economic to leave it in Pure than to put it on defensive..?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
No, because having defensive means people can't hit your pure eeal and you live.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Well the game didn't end instantly this time o.o. It doesn't seem to want to end at all now. I really appreciate the help guys. As soon as this game ends (mostly I'm asking you guys if you think you hit a stalemate >.>), I'll try and tinker with a few things.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this game is going to do anything, I think you are going to have to just end it. Nothing has happened for like a few weeks now :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.