Not open for further replies.
E

Earendil

I don't honestly know what to say except...well, freaking cool, man. 10/10

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
rayquaza218 said:
Ok... Smart smith, i just realised u can't set multiple types of fog, so wereever you go its fog XD, u better find sumway to fix that.

You can change the fog through triggers :shades: (and if you want no fog, you just change it to a 0.00 density fog :p )

hellmonja27 said:
Level 1 dreadlord? should be level 50...

rayquaza218 said:
Seth is ownd by player red XD
player red has 33 peasants, dummy effects im sure, change to footmen, or to neutral passive

:p Well, the units I put were just to give a general idea of what I think it will be there :D Ignore these small details :p

Thanatos_820 said:
Is that the map????????? Hopefully it isn't........-_-.......that would take forever if it was

What do you mean by this? :confused:
And don't worry about the fog, I'll adjust it.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Smith, u can't change the fog like that, weve been throught this... XD, but if u change the fog, all will see it. Remember when u where helping me with MY map lol

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Yea, I forgot that this is a multiplayer map and the fog is seen by all players... I'll have to use filters, which are really bad... :( Ray also told me about some option WEU has, I'll try to make an effect as good looking as a fog... stupid Blizzard, made fogs that way :banghead:

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Actually, I think can you can change the fog like that. Give me a second to test and I'll make sure.

Oh and you totally butchered my name. Jasrael is a pretty nice biblish/diablo style corrupt angelic name, but it doesn't get the meaning across.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Jazradel said:
Actually, I think can you can change the fog like that. Give me a second to test and I'll make sure.

Oh and you totally butchered my name.

Jazradel, if you can make different fogs to appear for different players, I bow to you. :)

Jazradel

Reaction score
GetLocalPlayer() is the most awesome thing in WE so far.

I presume that is all global fog type set under environment? If it's region fog then it gets even easier.

I would get the position the users camera is looking at and change the fog for that player to the fog applicable for the region. It would have trouble near boundries but I could abuse region fog to fix that.

Or I could pull up some custom models of fog and use them instead.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
oh dude u might have to eat my head,

Code:
Fog
Events
Conditions

Actions
Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(1) then
Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 1000.00, z-end 8000.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
Custom script: endif

bow smith, only problem is, if u have allies and shared vision, yeah...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Jazradel said:
GetLocalPlayer() is the most awesome thing in WE so far.

I presume that is all global fog type set under environment? If it's region fog then it gets even easier.

I would get the position the users camera is looking at and change the fog for that player to the fog applicable for the region. It would have trouble near boundries but I could abuse region fog to fix that.

Or I could pull up some custom models of fog and use them instead.

I though that wouldn't work with fog :D Anyway...region fog? :confused:

And, Ray's trigger is correct?

Jazradel

Reaction score
Fresh Meat!

Shared Vision shouldn't affect using GetLocalPlayer() at all.

Region Fog as in the effect that can be applied in the region menu. Dalaran Shield and Dungeon Fog White (Light) are examples. Region fog is the wrong name for it, region effects would be more accurate.

And yes, Ray's trigger is correct.

I case anyone is wondering about my position on the project I'm going to be the supporting triggerer. I'm not going to do the 'write your spells ingame' idea because it would be too long but I'll probably do most of the other triggers(or at least optimization) and assist in terraining and custom resources(if there are going to be any).

rayquaza218

Reaction score
There is no such thing as region fog... that stupid, and i have never seen it b4, if u do it ill let u eat my leg. AND my head

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
great work guys

Yes great work.
Rayquaza, Jasrael get rep.
Smith_s9, you know I can't rep you :p
but keep up the terrain work done ;)

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Jazradel said:
Fresh Meat!

Shared Vision shouldn't affect using GetLocalPlayer() at all.

Region Fog as in the effect that can be applied in the region menu. Dalaran Shield and Dungeon Fog White (Light) are examples. Region fog is the wrong name for it, region effects would be more accurate.

And yes, Ray's trigger is correct.

I case anyone is wondering about my position on the project I'm going to be the supporting triggerer. I'm not going to do the 'write your spells ingame' idea because it would be too long but I'll probably do most of the other triggers(or at least optimization) and assist in terraining and custom resources(if there are going to be any).

ahahah smith!

Jazradel

Reaction score
Weather Effects is what I'm trying to say. I finally bothered opening up WE.

Not exactly fog, but it would take aproximetly 5 seconds to add a new effect that is fog.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 358

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it now. There won't be any need of region effects.

+rep Jazradel (*bows*) and Ray (sorry, got to spread for ya :p ). Btw, Nika, his name is Jazradel, not Jasrael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.