TH Mini-Tournament Series #2 [RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covereths

Reaction score
Man i gotta say i know nobody here ( exept vestras and perhaps siretu ) But you sure are negativ xP i will rule and win it all ^^ Monsterous will fall !

Covereths

Reaction score
well we will notice o_O but if you might be right i got the perfect excuse xP trying to learn protoss right now ^^ so im not the best with them yet but i hope its good enough to beat ya ^^

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
All games up until now.

As Siretu said (thanks for the writeups btw) we replayed Kulas and Vest dropped again. I'm getting slightly depressed.

PS: I want to add something to Siretu's review of the Kulas games:

At the time my death army (TM by Day[9]) overwhelmed his roach/muta/ling I managed to take down 3 of his expansions and moved onto the last one while my loyal engineers taped together new thors and marines. Basically all his base were belong to me. In Sir's report it sounded a bit like I was about to get mauled when I was actually ahead in income and food, while behind in army count.

We couldn't determine a definite victor, although I considered myself ahead (and the spectators thought me slightly in the lead, too). Vestras demanded a rematch and I didn't want to let it come to a judge's decision. That wouldn't be very satisfying for the both of us.

Same goes for the second match. I quickly expanded twice in a row and with so many MULES and early SCVs it allowed me to stay slightly ahead in income for a long time even without efficient harrassment. The reapers were killed before they could make dead people. Damn waste of money. The medivac with the tank flew right into unfriendly skies and all dudes got killed by roaches before they could strap in again.

In the following battle I would have given my kingdom for a few force fields. These damn banelings just LOVE blowin' things up and I ran out of marines - the mutas hit the rest of my army hard, but I was still ahead in food.

It was way past time I dispensed some indiscriminate justice when he dropped. My guess is that a thor hurled some thunder bolts at a above-ground power line and disconnected Vestras.. or maybe it was a Zergling.. I'm sure it was a bad zergling..

Anyway this series seems to know no end. Whatever I do they keep bringing me back in another game.
I have hidden 9 references to Sc2 Terran unit quotes in that spoiler. Kudos to whoever finds them :D

Marauder,Seige tank,SCV,Thors,Medevac and ghost? I'm not entirely familiar with Terran Unit quips.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Actually I meant the quotes and not the units :p

However, there are references to quotes from 7 different units (two of them have 2 quotes).

4 of the 6 units you mentioned are correct ^.^

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>I am sorry Bloodcount, but I can't see you getting out of this as a winner. Vestras got so much more experience in ZvZ and Zerg in general.

I agree. If vestras survives s3rius he will make it to the finals.

>I predict two long games where Vestras is ahead by at least 40 supply almost all game long.
Bullshit. IIRC Vestras watches every single one of his games to see what he can improve and I don't have the patience to wait that long, so I will force him to either end the game in the first few minutes or just loose. I will wrap things up in ~15 minutes at max, no matter who is the winner.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
All games up until now.

As Siretu said (thanks for the writeups btw) we replayed Kulas and Vest dropped again. I'm getting slightly depressed.

PS: I want to add something to Siretu's review of the Kulas games:

At the time my death army (TM by Day[9]) overwhelmed his roach/muta/ling I managed to take down 3 of his expansions and moved onto the last one while my loyal engineers taped together new thors and marines. Basically all his base were belong to me. In Sir's report it sounded a bit like I was about to get mauled when I was actually ahead in income and food, while behind in army count.

We couldn't determine a definite victor, although I considered myself ahead (and the spectators thought me slightly in the lead, too). Vestras demanded a rematch and I didn't want to let it come to a judge's decision. That wouldn't be very satisfying for the both of us.

Same goes for the second match. I quickly expanded twice in a row and with so many MULES and early SCVs it allowed me to stay slightly ahead in income for a long time even without efficient harrassment. The reapers were killed before they could make dead people. Damn waste of money. The medivac with the tank flew right into unfriendly skies and all dudes got killed by roaches before they could strap in again.

In the following battle I would have given my kingdom for a few force fields. These damn banelings just LOVE blowin' things up and I ran out of marines - the mutas hit the rest of my army hard, but I was still ahead in food.

It was way past time I dispensed some indiscriminate justice when he dropped. My guess is that a thor hurled some thunder bolts at a above-ground power line and disconnected Vestras.. or maybe it was a Zergling.. I'm sure it was a bad zergling..

Anyway this series seems to know no end. Whatever I do they keep bringing me back in another game.
I have hidden 9 references to Sc2 Terran unit quotes in that spoiler. Kudos to whoever finds them :D

I haven't watched the replays and since I wasn't spectating myself, I couldn't view your food limits and such, but if Vestras really had 15+ 3/3 ultralisks on the way, I don't think you were really ahead. Since Ultralisks kills marines and thors pretty easily. Also, I only saw you kill one base since the stream was lagging 1 minute behind or something.

The second match on Kulas Ravine was harder for me to write about. I watched the beginning quite intensely but I was multitasking my writing and watching quite bad in the mid-late game so I didn't concentrate so much on the game then.

For the record, I was speaking to Monsterous on Vestras stream and we both agreed that Vestras would probably have won the first game and he thought that you would probably have won the second game. I can't really comment on the second game because from what I saw, it just looked very even.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Yea, on the stream things are harder to see since you only know what Vestras knows.

I think this was how the map looked after my push:

http://simplest-image-hosting.net/jpg-0-kulasravine-sc2-map

Red circles are his bases, crossed out means destroyed.
The red cross without circle is an expansion I canceled before it was done.
Blue circles are my bases.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
americanleague.png

tournban6.png

1 Players are still needed for the American League.

Player 1: Sevion
Zicon.png
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Player 2: YourFace
Picon.png

Player 3: BANANAMAN
Zicon.png
22px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png

Player 4: Slapshot136
Picon.png

Player 5: Whitesock
Zicon.png

Player 6: Slayer4000X2008
Zicon.png
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

Player 7: Kc102
Ticon.png

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Frozen 346
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random):
Realm: US
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): -5 (EST)
Voided Maps (2):
Country (Optional): USA

Post is a WIP!

pixel

Reaction score
Umm i couldnt find siretu´s id so i cant find him in game, so please siretu add me to your friends list or tell me ur id so i can find u in game and set a date for our matches ^^

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Syndrome [942]
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Zerg
Realm: US
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): -8:00
Voided Maps (2): Desert Oasis, Metalopolis
Country (Optional): Canada

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
americanleague.png

We finally have all 8 players for the American Tournament. You are being sent your Activity Checks, exactly the same thing as the Europeans. So its time for you guys to play catch up :shades:

Player 1: Sevion - Responded
Player 2: YourFace - Responded
Player 3: BANANAMAN - Responded
Player 4: Slapshot136 - Responded
Player 5: Whitesock - Responded
Player 6: Slayer4000X2008 - Responded
Player 7: Kc102 - Responded
Player 8: Geoff.L - Responded ~ Race was Changed to Random

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.