TH Mini-Tournament Series #4 (1v1) [RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
tourny-banner4.png

Mini-Tournament #1 (1v1) | Mini-Tournament #2 (1v1) | Pre-#3 Community Discussion
Mini-Tournament #3 (2v2)

Mini-Tournaments have returned from those desiring another go with it. With the uneventful climax to the last Mini-Tournament, hopefully this one will be more entertaining! We are going back to the old 1v1 version of play, with our shiny new map pool and all the creative challenges it entitles.

I hope to see some new contestants and as well as some veterans who will try to improve their score. As always though, this Mini-Tournament is all for fun and it will focus around convenience for the players, meaning it does not follow a strict schedule nor does it require any contestants to be of any skill level or league. So Beginners to Pros and everyone else in between are welcome to join regardless of their schedules.

Realms & Tournaments
Unfortunately because of the lack of Cross-Regional play installed by the Omnipotent Blizzard, we mortals must once again divide the series into different mini-tournaments to reach all the people of interest. Any Region that manages to get eight players, will receive its own mini-tournament and all the fun that comes with it. However both the North American Server (American League) and the European Server (Euro League) automatically receive their tournament and will begin once we get our eight awesome players approved.

Tournament Setup
For the regular eight player mini-tournament, the setup is simple consisting of Three (Possibly 4) rounds of 1v1 style play - The Round of 8, The Round of 4 (Semi-Finals), and the Finals. In the Final round, the losers of the Semi-Finals will duke it out for third place and at the end of it all if the Finalist of all the realms wish to continue on to the Grand Finale, they will meet for additional round(s) to win further glorious titles and prizes.

Prizes
And speaking of Glorious prizes, because people have complained about the Winner's Custom Title and how it looks. The new one will have a special bonus (if someone can win it this time) However Custom Titles won't be the only prizes that you can receive this time around, so always remain spirited because you never know what might happen.

Grand Champion = +45 Reputation + The Custom Title of Grand Champion
Realm Champion = +35 Reputation
Realm Runner Up = +25 Reputation
Realm Third Place = +15 Reputation
Realm Fourth Place = +5 Reputation​

Elimination
The decision on who will move on and who will be eliminated after each match-up will be determined by whoever can win the best of three games. (Meaning you must win Two of the Three to move on). All Rounds will be made in this format, except for the Finals (this does not including the Third Place Match-up but does include the Grand Finale); where instead of the best of three, it will become the best of five!

Rules & Regulations
Amendments from the Pre-3 Community Discussion have been added so make sure you read through these rules as there are some changes!

1) All games MUST be played on the Server that is designated as host for that specific mini-tournament.

2) All Talk inside the Games should be held in ENGLISH.

3) Players must be respectful to one another at all times within the Tournament. This means no taunting, spamming, or insulting your opponent, as well as rage quitting. We expect you guys to act like adults, so we will not be afraid to enforce this and punishment may extend to your removal from the tournament or even future tournaments.

4) Games can be played against your match up whenever the most time is convenient for both of you. Matches do not have to be held all at once, and can be held at separate times or even separate days. However, games must be played within the given time for that Round and results should be posted in the thread by the deadline.

5) For the first game of every match-up, the first map will be given to you and your opponent after being randomly selected from the map pool. YOU MUST PLAY ON THE MAP CORRESPONDING TO YOUR FIRST GAME IN EVERY MATCH-UP. YOUR GAMES WILL NOT COUNT IF THE FIRST MATCH IS PLAYED WITH A DIFFERENT MAP.

6) After the conclusion of each match, the loser of the previous match will be able to select any map from the pool of his/her choosing. - "Loser's Pick"

7) Each player will be selecting from 4 Race Selections before the tournament even starts. These four extend to Terran, Protoss, Zerg and Random. You can choose ONE of these selections to be your Race for the whole tournament. Players will not be allowed to change their race selection once the tournament begins or anytime after. So once again choose with care.

8) The out come of a Disconnection in a Game will be decided by the two opponents. If both players agree that the game was NOT completely one sided to the point that it was obvious who was going to win. The said game will have a rematch ether immediately or at a later date. (If conflict between the two players occurs, please contact me or post in the thread with the replay and we will review it). This regulation applies for all games, except for the Finals. (See Regulation #13)

9) As well, on the Rare Occasions of a Tie (Where there are no longer any more minerals or attacking units on the field from both sides) the game will end in a rematch.

10) In any cases where Both Players wish to have a rematch for any reason (such as Scheduling problems, Real Life interference, etc.), the players are allowed to hold a Rematch. If both players do not agree, the player that is requesting the Rematch will be forced to forfeit that said match-up.

11) Rematches for a said match can be played ether immediately or at a later time/date but MUST be played before the next map in the match-up order can be played. All Rematches must be played on the same map as the game in conflict.

12) Replays from each game must be submitted to the thread, by ether the two players or any of the spectators involved. This is important for us to ether look back at the game to make a judgment call and also to later make into videos for others to see.

13) Spectators and Observers are allowed in all matches! However, they can not talk specifically to the two players involved in the game (and I mean in anyway), nor can they give any unfair advantage to one or any of the players in the game. All Regulations apply to the Spectators and Observers involved just as if they were any other player. Any rule breaking behavior between Spectators and Observers will result in harsh consequences.

14) For the Final Match-up, all games must contain at least one approved referee from the correct realm list. These Referees will make all judgment calls on Disconnections, Ties, Behavior Problems and will report back that the results posted by the players of each final game is accurate. *This Regulation does include the Grand Champion Match-ups but it does not affect Third Place match-ups where the referee is still optional.

15) To keep the Tournament as streamline as possible, Players must communicate with their opponents in some form (preferably in Private Messages). If a Player in the match up becomes extremely inactive and has not responded to their opponent on the basis of scheduling their match ups by the deadline of the round. The player that is inactive and has not responded will be kicked from the Tournament. If the reasons for your Inactivity were Personal or out of your control you can contact me and the punishments will be ether wavered or lessened.

16) And last but not least, do not forget in the heat of the games to enjoy yourself and have fun.

The Maps Pool
Now our glorious map pool that has been hand picked by our best players in the community. They will be the maps that will be randomly picked for the first match, and the maps that the loser of any match-up can pick from.

Xel'Naga Fortress (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns (2)
MLG Metalopolis (4)
MLG Shattered Temple (4)
MLG Shakuras Plateau (4)
MLG Typhon Peaks (4)
MLG Testbug (2)[SUP]3 Bases[/SUP]
GSTL GSL Bel'Shir Beach (2)
GSTL GSL Crossfire (2)
GSTL GSL Crevasse (4)
GSTL GSL Tal'Daram Altar (4)
GSTL GSL Terminus RE (4)​

Referees/Helpers
Unlike in the past, this Tournament will not just be run by me. Of course I am still Chairmen of these games, but I also have acquired some help. YourFace will be acting a referee and enforcer of the rules when he is requested to join a game, or when a review needs to be made. If you would like for him to supervise please contact him or me via private messaging.

For any behavioral issues, please only refer to me.

Registration
Like last time, all registration will be posted in the thread, so that you may change it before the Tournament begins.

Players must agree that they will abide to the regulations set forth in this tournament and must also be able to connect to their designated servers without complications.

Only submit if you are completely sure you are dedicated to play through the duration of this Tournament.

Only 8 players per Realm will be accepted for each Mini-Tournament. It is a "First Come First Served" Basis.
Battle.net ID:
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random):
Realm:
Timezone (Base it off of GMT):
Country (Optional)

The Mini-Tournament for any Realm will begin when 4 teams have been submitted & approved.​
The next few posts below this one will contain specific Mini-Tournament information for each Realm. (Each realm receiving its own post.)

We hope to get as many participates as possible for all servers. So don't be afraid to join and spread the word!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
americanleague.png

AMERICA! & Friends....

This is the post that will contain all information specific to the Mini-Tournament on the American Regional Servers (Also known as the United States, or North American Regional Servers.) - Several Countries in both North America, South America and Oceania can Access this Region and thus enter this tournament.

tournban6.png

SlotsUsernameRaceNationality
Player 1Slapshot136Random
Ricon.png
United States
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Player 2GFreak45Random
Ricon.png
United States
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Player 3Open
Player 4Open
Player 5Open
Player 6Open
Player 7Open
Player 8Open

attachment.php

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
euroleague.png

Its like a Napoleonic War but Better.

This is the Euro League Board, this is the post that will contain all information an specifics to the Mini-Tournament on the European Servers. This Tournament will contain many members from across the continent from England to Bulgaria, who will battle it out to see which Person, as well as, Country is the champion of Starcraft 2 Mini-Tournaments.

tournban6.png

SlotsUsernameRaceNationality
Player 1AccnameProtoss
Picon.png
Europe
22px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
Player 2BloodcountProtoss
Picon.png
Bulgaria
22px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png
Player 3SiretuRandom
Ricon.png
Europe
22px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
Player 4T.s.eZerg
Zicon.png
Norway
19px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Player 5UndeadDragonTerran
ZTcon.png
England
19px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Player 6Open
Player 7Open
Player 8Open

attachment.php

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: slapshot.854/339
Race (Random):
Realm: U.S. (or can I play both?)
Timezone (EST -5hr):
Country (U.S. of A.)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
BattleNet ID: Corvus
Character Code: 371
Realm: Europe
Race: Protoss
Timezone: GMT +1

Yeah, i am going to play protoss now. Zerg is way too underpowered. xD
No, seriously, i want to try something else this time.

Go Europe Go! Come on guys, join the tournament!

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I'll help manage the tournament, and I'll give commentaries on your overall game if you guys would like.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What realm are you on? I would definitely like to be commentated, although i am not too good at this game. I play only rarely.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
BattleNet ID: Furby
Character Code: 880
Realm: EU
Race: Protoss
Timezone: GMT +2

I am playing for fun on furby's acc, (mass warp prism builds ftw) so better search for me there.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: iNsOmni
Character Code: 476
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Random
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): GMT +1

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: GFreak
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Random
Realm: NA
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): PST (-8:00 i think)
Country (Optional) USA

PS. Im entering and i will practice, but dont expect me to get past the 1st bracket, im not super awesomesauce

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
3/5 random players already... interesting.

unfortunately I can't really compete seriously (I'm not good enough), so being random will be more entertaining for me, I suspect it might be similar for other players

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: MangoMountai
Character Code: 515
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Zerg
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): GMT +1
Country (Optional): Norway

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Canuck
Character Code: 204
Race (Ether Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random): Protoss
Realm: NA
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): GMT -5
Country (Optional): Canada

Got nothing better to do, might as well try another tournament.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Battle.net ID: Undead 895
Race: Terran
Timezone (Base it off of GMT): GMT+0

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see some more people back from the Holidays. We still need several in both Realms. If the NA Leagues keeps lagging behind I might just have it be a 4 person tournament. Europe is beyond the four members, so they have to go to eight for a nice comfortable bracket.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I wondered why I wasn't getting any new replies. This sign up thread was closed.
Must have been done on accident. The tournament is still open.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Alright I feel like I have given this enough time. However, being the charitable person I am, I am going to give this and extra day or so for those to reconsider.

As of right now, North American league will be having a Tournament of 4. As for Europe, you currently have six people, I will be contacting you guys to see whether or not we can get two more people, or if we should do a Tournament of 6 (which can get weird).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.