TH.net Blast from the Past - January 1999

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Was that the time I created the SM privelage? The original few?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Was that the time I created the SM privelage? The original few?

What, the thing people were trying to guess before?

Well... Technically, 2005 was the year of the SM, I believe. Later in the year, though.

What I was talking about was how this place must have been paradise before I came around in Feburary and started yelling at members and picking fights with Admins :D Or the Alexander/Conan Flame Wars of '06...

Good times. Goood times :)

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
What I was talking about was how this place must have been paradise before I came around in Feburary and started yelling at members and picking fights with Admins Or the Alexander/Conan Flame Wars of '06...

hmm i wonder what this flaming war is about? it is not until august (my b day month) i have been here for one year :D

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I thought everyone was fighting in 05 LOL
Mind, Rinpun, Ryoko, Alexander
A big mess

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Bingo. +Rep to Pineapple, even though [technically] Acehart got it first, mentioning it in a rep comment to me :D But still, Pineapple got it publically first ^.^

Ugh, next Feburary will be 3 years o_O You guys aren't SICK of me yet?!
We are sick of you, but we know that if we state it you'll IP ban us. :p
We <3 j00!

A big mess
I just joined around that time I think...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
A big mess

Pft, you forgot Conan, that Bart dude and a few other people I think we eventually banned or had leave because we were too this or that for them and they were so great and all :rolleyes:

LP - This is true, but I'm just as likely to IP ban you, simply because I'm bored :)

:rolleyes:

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
I don't see Conan around.

Pardon me, but on May 09 2007, is the archive supposed to say this?

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
Oh, I see. I also think I recall an old member 'slepping the eternal sleep'. God rest his soul.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Oh, I see. I also think I recall an old member 'slepping the eternal sleep'. God rest his soul.

i remember him ... i remember searching up the member list in the first page for the post amounts trkon if im not mistaken is the one...

and TH said or some guys said poor health toke him away... well god rest his soul too

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that was t'kron. He was around almost from the beginning and he was a great person and friend. I actually met him in person when him and some other people came to Houston in around the year 2000. t'kron was the 2nd MVP of the Blizzard technical support forum and was the MVP Beta Tester of Starcraft. A fantastic guy. A wonderful Administrator. He is missed greatly but there are very few still here that would have remembered him. It was just that long ago.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was t'kron. He was around almost from the beginning and he was a great person and friend. I actually met him in person when him and some other people came to Houston in around the year 2000. t'kron was the 2nd MVP of the Blizzard technical support forum and was the MVP Beta Tester of Starcraft. A fantastic guy. A wonderful Administrator. He is missed greatly but there are very few still here that would have remembered him. It was just that long ago.

Didn't he have a health condition?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
So many people have come and gone. Lets make a list:
Sargon
Im_On_56k
Seth Cross
Rinpun

I can't think of any more can you guys?

OMFG! You forgot SD_Ryoko! :eek:

Damn.

Don't forget Ilendil too!

And Logical_1, but he actually was here today.

Yea, I saw him on the memberlist or something.

Didn't he have a health condition?

I think he was like 60. And yea, he had a health condition so he couldn't stay at the forums anymore.

===============================

Really, I haven't been on these forums for a while. I wouldn't even be on forums if not for m'n'm shutting down for a while thus redirecting you to a forum. That's where it all started for me. Then I came here after I got interested in the world editor.

I've only been here for 5 months or anything. Compared to all of youz people, I feel like a n00b. :eek:

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
What about me?

Am I that unknown!

well yea, I remember seeing this thread a along time ago, I like the old sites.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Darg

Wargasm

-fool-

Darthfett (Been only 2 months, I hope he logs back in one day!)

Luth

PsychoMonkey

Sud

tsbhelper

------

And countless others.

Sir Gordon

Reaction score
I wonder...did tsbhelper leave for personal reasons or because the small bussiness forum was closed down?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
tsbhelper is my dad. He is gone I guess because he got sick of my crap :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    And our actual cooks aren't really trained for that. Our line lead will be fine but our tournant is still kind of struggling with some things and he takes mistakes way too hard. I got onto him about scorching pans when making cream sauces and he started fucking everything else up, like dude it's fine just turn your heat down a bit. And then he burned like three batches of couscous in a row and it's like man
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.