Campaign TH.Net Kingdom (Everyone's Help is Needed)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey UndeadDragon, can I follow you? I can be your friend, master chef, chief guard, at the same time. ;)

Sure, I will try and think of a worthy position for you.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Um, I just named the map that. It's just a name. Not a title. :p

HA! I was right. ;)

@UndeadDragon, as I said before, can I be Master Chef/Chief Guard?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I have been watching this thing for a while now, and I must say that it has been rather fun to watch the progress:)
Keep up the good work people:thup:

But there was one thing that struck me a while ago:
How will the game play out?
Will there be creeps?
Preset or spawned?

You where talking about oblivion in the first post ninva, do you want to make it something like oblivion gameplay wise aswell, or just in the structure of the map in general?

How is it with abilities?
Will they be learnable as usual wc3?
Will they be bought for money, or special points?

Will they be levelable?
How many levels?

What types of units will we be able to play?
Will there be a class system like oblivion?
Will the attributes be levelable in the same way?(If you manage to make this, then please tell me how:) I tried and failed many times due to multiplayer lag:()

Will there be normal trading like in standard wc3?
Will there be some kind of system for trading?

Basically, what I am asking for with all this is:
Will this be a map with a lot of characters and villages and quests, or will it ever be a playable map? And how will the gameplay be?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was wondering a lot of those questions aswell ^^

I need some of that information for what I am planning.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
But there was one thing that struck me a while ago:
How will the game play out?
Will there be creeps?
Preset or spawned?
Probably, but there'll be a few spawned creeps. Just like in oblivion. Maybe there'll be a dungeon, which will adjust to your level, so you could kill all the creeps you want. But there's mostly going to be quests. You earn gold and exp from quests. There'll also be some guilds, hopefully, and a good amount of fighting. You won't get bored.

You where talking about oblivion in the first post ninva, do you want to make it something like oblivion gameplay wise aswell, or just in the structure of the map in general?
It's more like inspiration than anything else.

How is it with abilities?
Will they be learnable as usual wc3?
Will they be bought for money, or special points?
I like the old WCIII spell learning system. Why should we change?

Will they be levelable?
How many levels?
Yes, there'll probably be spells with a level 10 cap.

What types of units will we be able to play?
Will there be a class system like oblivion?
Will the attributes be levelable in the same way?(If you manage to make this, then please tell me how:) I tried and failed many times due to multiplayer lag:()
There will probably be a menu, which you can choose a class. Then you can repick whenever.

Will there be normal trading like in standard wc3?
Will there be some kind of system for trading?
Hopefully. I dunno yet.

Basically, what I am asking for with all this is:
Will this be a map with a lot of characters and villages and quests, or will it ever be a playable map? And how will the gameplay be?
The game play will probably be like WCIII for now (I love the classic WC:III game play). But currently we're looking at the terrain and quests. Maybe we'll be a little unique later on.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Are you going to discuss how we are going to create quests and mobs, etc.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can I use some of the map for a sort of mini-dungeon style area, for me and thewrongvine's quests.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I really have no idea. Do you have any suggestions?

I think you should create a base on creating heroes, spells, etc. How much hp a starting hero has, etc, so we can base creatures and quests off that mark. If you like wc3's system, we could do it with similar stats starting with around 300-500 hp, etc.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Character's Name: SerraAvenger
Village Name: Living in a wood, not in a village! Shalhaven
Character's Past (if any): SerraAvenger is an ancient spirit that lives deep in the forest of Shalhaven. Due to his shelter from the outerworld, Shalhaven has developed into a primeval forest, full of old and mighty creatures.
While he has appeared in the form of many creatures, SerraAvenger's true form can only be seen in the moonlight.
However, the sun never sets in Shalhaven...
Your Opinion on Your Village: I'm protecting my wood from intruders. I has been hiding the forest and the nightelves that live within for thousands of years, but now I have chosen to let it appear out of nowhere. Why? Becouse I feel it was time.

Quest: Becouse a nearby village is attacked by Raiders ( Orcish, perhaps? ), the villagers choose to give you the quest of finding the night elves and ask them for help.
When you come into the wood, however, the forest is seemingly empty - apart from old, huge trees. In order to find the nightelves, you need to retrieve an ancient artifact (The Moonstone) and use it withing the wood, what will create a temporary night. Suddenly, SerraAvenger will turn visible and you can ask him to support you village, what he will do becouse the raiders are also approaching the woods. But just at the second you want to leave, they will attack. You will get control of a few nightelves and will have to defend the elven village of Shalhaven.

Reward: SerraAvenger gives you the choice wether you want wealth, wisdom or something to drink.
Wealth will give you one gold (how else could it be?)
Wisdom gives you a lot of experience
Something to drink will give you a potion that looks quite ordinary, but when you drink it all your stats will be permanently increased. Also heals a few hit points ; )

For every nightelf unit that you bring back to the village, you will get a little bit of gold.

sidove

Reaction score
-Everyone-
Character's Name: Sidove
Village Name: Living in the woods
Character's Past (if any): Sidove is the master assassin he is the one that kills and murders he have been killing numbers of people; heroes,kings,smugglers now he has a bounty on his head and that why he is hiding in the woods. He was last seen in Spring Lake City...
Your Opinion on Your Village: I have been in several places this last pas years but now i located in the woods Spring Lake City i will go task to search for money or blood...
Quest: Search a the woods and the city for people willing to offer jobs
Reward: A job?
Quest 2 : When you have done all your quest from the charh you picked then proceed to your home. After a long day you diced to kill your quest giver and stealing everything he owns.
Reward: Blood and a dagger
Edit: Downloaded the map from linderkorn and where am i supposed to put my character?

sidove

Reaction score
Finished with my character and house here is it
My char is in the woods of the city called.. erm.. i forgot but it's the city where player 1 starts =)

Attachments

• thehelpervillage-2.w3x
    235.4 KB · Views: 291

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Finished with my character and house here is it
My char is in the woods of the city called.. erm.. i forgot but it's the city where player 1 starts =)

Add Ground pathblockers to your building please, so people can't run through it. Other then that, I like it and it fits in :) :thup:

-Lindenkron

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Character's Name: SerraAvenger
Village Name: Living in a wood, not in a village! Shalhaven
Character's Past (if any): SerraAvenger is an ancient spirit that lives deep in the forest of Shalhaven. Due to his shelter from the outerworld, Shalhaven has developed into a primeval forest, full of old and mighty creatures.
While he has appeared in the form of many creatures, SerraAvenger's true form can only be seen in the moonlight.
However, the sun never sets in Shalhaven...
Your Opinion on Your Village: I'm protecting my wood from intruders. I has been hiding the forest and the nightelves that live within for thousands of years, but now I have chosen to let it appear out of nowhere. Why? Becouse I feel it was time.

Quest: Becouse a nearby village is attacked by Raiders ( Orcish, perhaps? ), the villagers choose to give you the quest of finding the night elves and ask them for help.
When you come into the wood, however, the forest is seemingly empty - apart from old, huge trees. In order to find the nightelves, you need to retrieve an ancient artifact (The Moonstone) and use it withing the wood, what will create a temporary night. Suddenly, SerraAvenger will turn visible and you can ask him to support you village, what he will do becouse the raiders are also approaching the woods. But just at the second you want to leave, they will attack. You will get control of a few nightelves and will have to defend the elven village of Shalhaven.

Reward: SerraAvenger gives you the choice wether you want wealth, wisdom or something to drink.
Wealth will give you one gold (how else could it be?)
Wisdom gives you a lot of experience
Something to drink will give you a potion that looks quite ordinary, but when you drink it all your stats will be permanently increased. Also heals a few hit points ; )

For every nightelf unit that you bring back to the village, you will get a little bit of gold.

Cool. Wanna add that to the map now? ;D

(or was that added?)

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Can anyone post some screenshots?

I can't install Warcraft 3 anymore, and I'd really like to see what this is looking like. :)

sidove

Reaction score
Here is it

Sorry for double posting becuse can't attach maps in edit :(

Attachments

• thehelpervillage-2.w3x
    235.6 KB · Views: 285
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.