That time when TH and Ghan spoke in Chat

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
The Helper     Today at 11:12 AM - The Helper: I like 3's
Ghan         Today at 11:12 AM - Ghan: :)
The Helper     Today at 11:13 AM - The Helper: they dont add up :)
Ghan         Today at 11:13 AM - Ghan: Lemme guess, I'll finally get that cent for every time someone can't spell AceHart? -AceHart, on New Site Surprises
The Helper     Today at 11:13 AM - The Helper: the offer is there
The Helper     Today at 11:14 AM - The Helper: i trust acehart and if we did power 3 ways division i would be good with that
The Helper     Today at 11:14 AM - The Helper: i trust both you guys implicity
Ghan         Today at 11:16 AM - Ghan: I still have him on IM
Ghan         Today at 11:16 AM - Ghan: He's never said anything in years, though.
The Helper     Today at 11:16 AM - The Helper: I would rather not take this next step alone but I will if I have to
Ghan         Today at 11:17 AM - Ghan: What is the next step?
The Helper     Today at 11:17 AM - The Helper: Tell him I am sorry and at least consider coming back for a discussion on the long term future of the site where he is free to speak his mind whatever he has to say but we like his input and whether or not he would interested in coming back with a controlling interest in the site
The Helper     Today at 11:18 AM - The Helper: or something like that
The Helper     Today at 11:19 AM - The Helper: make it where he could block my promotions like KC if he did not want it without quitting
Ghan         Today at 11:20 AM - Ghan: a better question would be: "why is it html to begin with?" and, second, the "correct" way is to load it into a DOM document, and simply extract the "text" value DO NOT attempt to parse html with regexps... only chuck norris can do that -AceHart, on Regexps
Ghan         Today at 11:22 AM - Ghan: Good times
Ghan         Today at 11:23 AM - Ghan: But now I'm just a server guy.
The Helper     Today at 11:23 AM - The Helper: do this for me, on the account that you have contact Ace with message TH says he is very sorry and would he consider a chat? I would like to make my case to him for not hating me forever. Make sure you include the fact that I am willing to make any changes necessary in order for him and I to be friends again because the fact we are not is stupid.
The Helper     Today at 11:23 AM - The Helper: He had asked me if I had changed
The Helper     Today at 11:23 AM - The Helper: tell him yes
The Helper     Today at 11:24 AM - The Helper: I want Ace to take his place
The Helper     Today at 11:24 AM - The Helper: Would love a trifecta
The Helper     Today at 11:24 AM - The Helper: but if you are not up to it I would do a duo with Ace
The Helper     Today at 11:25 AM - The Helper: or you
Ghan         Today at 11:25 AM - Ghan: Is there some kind of ceremony?
Ghan         Today at 11:25 AM - Ghan: I don't really have anything nice to wear.
The Helper     Today at 11:25 AM - The Helper: In the subject line make sure to say TH.net needs help
The Helper     Today at 11:25 AM - The Helper: when you message ace
The Helper     Today at 11:26 AM - The Helper: I am willing to do whatever to squash this shit with ace
The Helper     Today at 11:26 AM - The Helper: i love the guy
The Helper     Today at 11:26 AM - The Helper: i hate he hates me
Ghan         Today at 11:27 AM - Ghan: Yeah
The Helper     Today at 11:27 AM - The Helper: I am actually willing to do almost anything to change that
The Helper     Today at 11:28 AM - The Helper: I dont have any of his contact info
Ghan         Today at 11:30 AM - Ghan: Ah.
Ghan         Today at 11:30 AM - Ghan: I have barely anything.
The Helper     Today at 11:30 AM - The Helper: it is more than nothing
The Helper     Today at 11:31 AM - The Helper: should i do a public apology
The Helper     Today at 11:31 AM - The Helper: ?
The Helper     Today at 11:31 AM - The Helper: He would read that
Ghan         Today at 11:31 AM - Ghan: Maybe eventually.
Ghan         Today at 11:31 AM - Ghan: But not sure if it's necessary at the moment.
The Helper     Today at 11:32 AM - The Helper: Try to message him through what you got if you can
The Helper     Today at 11:32 AM - The Helper: tell him i am so sorry
The Helper     Today at 11:32 AM - The Helper: I thought he wanted to go
The Helper     Today at 11:33 AM - The Helper: I had no idea he hated me and I hope to somehow change that
The Helper     Today at 11:33 AM - The Helper: hated me for it i mean
The Helper     Today at 11:34 AM - The Helper: then if he chats give him my trifecta thing where he overrides me :)
Ghan         Today at 11:34 AM - Ghan: Sounds good
The Helper     Today at 11:34 AM - The Helper: let him know that what happened for him to leave would never happen again because it would not be possible i would not be the lone commander
The Helper     Today at 11:35 AM - The Helper: i would like an option to bring wargasm in on it too though make a fourgasm
The Helper     Today at 11:35 AM - The Helper: lol
Ghan         Today at 11:35 AM - Ghan: whoa there
Ghan         Today at 11:35 AM - Ghan: lol
The Helper     Today at 11:36 AM - The Helper: maybe we should get Chile t o contact ace
Ghan         Today at 11:36 AM - Ghan: [IMG]
The Helper     Today at 11:36 AM - The Helper: thinking outside the box
The Helper     Today at 11:37 AM - The Helper: tell Chile the story
The Helper     Today at 11:37 AM - The Helper: he his 3rd party only interest is TH.net
The Helper     Today at 11:39 AM - The Helper: If this chat log is saved somewhere, it is legendary just saying :)
Ghan         Today at 11:40 AM - Ghan: All the inside info
The Helper     Today at 11:40 AM - The Helper: yup
The Helper     Today at 11:41 AM - The Helper: would make a great site history article in about 5 years :)
The Helper     Today at 11:41 AM - The Helper: the plan
Ghan         Today at 11:41 AM - Ghan: "The Time That TH and Ghan Talked in Chat"
The Helper     Today at 11:42 AM - The Helper: get Ace back would be Optimum but at least let him know I am sorry for how much I fucked him over which i did not mean to do - that would be acceptable
The Helper     Today at 11:42 AM - The Helper: Yup - the time the Fourgasm happened lol
The Helper     Today at 11:44 AM - The Helper: I think we should split the site 4 ways, though I would still pay for it because I still have the Apex Sponsor
The Helper     Today at 11:44 AM - The Helper: If someone is AFK they can proxy there power to someone
The Helper     Today at 11:45 AM - The Helper: but i dont know about that i think they should at least have say
The Helper     Today at 11:45 AM - The Helper: if they are not interested enough to reply then they should not be counted
The Helper     Today at 11:46 AM - The Helper: imo
Ghan         Today at 11:46 AM - Ghan: Probably
Ghan         Today at 11:47 AM - Ghan: Ahh Softlayer
Ghan         Today at 11:47 AM - Ghan: Another old friend
The Helper     Today at 11:47 AM - The Helper: also would like to see if we can integrate dogecoin to xenforo for a tipping system might be worth it for us to go to the xenforo forums to make it happen. I would be willing to do some coding on a demo or something to get the process started though I think once they hear about how redditt so used dogecoin they would integrate
Ghan         Today at 11:47 AM - Ghan: hehe
The Helper     Today at 11:48 AM - The Helper: softlayer cancelled all your passwords btw
The Helper     Today at 11:48 AM - The Helper: i guess i should have forwarded that fuck
Ghan         Today at 11:48 AM - Ghan: Well, clearly they didn't do a good enough job, because I was just in there a few days ago changing DNS stuff.
The Helper     Today at 11:48 AM - The Helper: can you change the email on that account
The Helper     Today at 11:49 AM - The Helper: i get all the password expiring and all the other things expiring messages
The Helper     Today at 11:49 AM - The Helper: i just delete them
The Helper     Today at 11:49 AM - The Helper: i dont even read them
Ghan         Today at 11:49 AM - Ghan: loooool
The Helper     Today at 11:50 AM - The Helper: the softlayer account is in my name but not under my credit card
The Helper     Today at 11:50 AM - The Helper: they credit card they have is old
The Helper     Today at 11:50 AM - The Helper: you have some kind of special deal with them
The Helper     Today at 11:50 AM - The Helper: i talked to them about that lol
The Helper     Today at 11:51 AM - The Helper: it is no problem
Ghan         Today at 11:51 AM - Ghan: Special deal?
Ghan         Today at 11:51 AM - Ghan: Where they never delete this account until the end of time?
Ghan         Today at 11:51 AM - Ghan: hhhehehe
The Helper     Today at 11:51 AM - The Helper: yeah they let you run the account
The Helper     Today at 11:51 AM - The Helper: i gave you permission
The Helper     Today at 11:52 AM - The Helper: it is a note on the account softlayer is with it in that they display notes
The Helper     Today at 11:52 AM - The Helper: apparently
Ghan         Today at 11:52 AM - Ghan: I just use the SL user anyway.
Ghan         Today at 11:52 AM - Ghan: lol
The Helper     Today at 11:52 AM - The Helper: they dont care as long as you pay
The Helper     Today at 11:52 AM - The Helper: mostly i get pay me messages
The Helper     Today at 11:53 AM - The Helper: i remember the first time i got those i called softlayer
The Helper     Today at 11:53 AM - The Helper: i talked to a level 3 guy you talked to
The Helper     Today at 11:53 AM - The Helper: apparently he got you set up
The Helper     Today at 11:53 AM - The Helper: I called those bitches
The Helper     Today at 11:53 AM - The Helper: and they called me back
The Helper     Today at 11:54 AM - The Helper: we used to pay like 200 a month there
Ghan         Today at 11:54 AM - Ghan: Yep.
The Helper     Today at 11:54 AM - The Helper: just for TH it was like 3 to 4 hundred in the peak
The Helper     Today at 11:55 AM - The Helper: Thanks to sponsors we were always able to provide
Ghan         Today at 11:55 AM - Ghan: $276.09
The Helper     Today at 11:55 AM - The Helper: oh yeah and Ace was admin
The Helper     Today at 11:55 AM - The Helper: we were on SL too
The Helper     Today at 11:55 AM - The Helper: defending against SRF DOS attacks
The Helper     Today at 11:56 AM - The Helper: where they were having to move heavy security boxes in front of our hardware to protect just SRF
Ghan         Today at 11:56 AM - Ghan: And the Slicehost debacle
The Helper     Today at 11:56 AM - The Helper: we moved hosts from them and went to Ghans budget host and it brought down Rackspace
The Helper     Today at 11:56 AM - The Helper: for like a day
The Helper     Today at 11:57 AM - The Helper: lol
The Helper     Today at 11:57 AM - The Helper: we need to put that story in the site history
Ghan         Today at 11:57 AM - Ghan: I mentioned it in my history post.
Ghan         Today at 11:57 AM - Ghan: Did you read that?
The Helper     Today at 11:57 AM - The Helper: how else
The Helper     Today at 11:58 AM - The Helper: i guess it is already there lol
Ghan         Today at 11:58 AM - Ghan: I have no idea how Rackspace is so big with the prices they charge.
The Helper     Today at 11:58 AM - The Helper: good times :)
Ghan         Today at 11:59 AM - Ghan: [IMG]
Ghan         Today at 12:02 PM - Ghan: Really?
Ghan         Today at 12:02 PM - Ghan: Softlayer is still selling Lynnfields?
Ghan         Today at 12:02 PM - Ghan: Softlayer pls
The Helper     Today at 12:04 PM - The Helper: lol
The Helper     Today at 12:04 PM - The Helper: I hope you guys online are reading this shit it is total history
vypur85     Today at 12:05 PM - vypur85: I am...
The Helper     Today at 12:05 PM - The Helper: can we get the shoutbox on every page?
The Helper     Today at 12:05 PM - The Helper: if not we should contact them and tell them we are willing (I am willing) to make that happen for them :)
The Helper     Today at 12:06 PM - The Helper: go at them with Affordable IT
The Helper     Today at 12:06 PM - The Helper: lol
Ghan         Today at 12:07 PM - Ghan: Hmm.
Ghan         Today at 12:07 PM - Ghan: Well, it seems to work.
Ghan         Today at 12:07 PM - Ghan: But it's at the bottom of these pages.
The Helper     Today at 12:07 PM - The Helper: The Business Behind TH.net
The Helper     Today at 12:08 PM - The Helper: AffordableIT.com
The Helper     Today at 12:08 PM - The Helper:
The Helper     Today at 12:08 PM - The Helper: fuck
Ghan         Today at 12:09 PM - Ghan: wat
Ghan         Today at 12:09 PM - Ghan: Well, now at least it should be on more pages than before.
Ghan         Today at 12:09 PM - Ghan: :D
Ghan         Today at 12:13 PM - Ghan: I was just over near to where Ace lives, actually.
Ghan         Today at 12:14 PM - Ghan: Central Europe
The Helper     Today at 01:40 PM - The Helper: You should have stopped in and said Hi!

Update:
  • v2 - Fix formatting errors in previous version.

On April 26, 2014, our beloved server admins had internal affairs.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• shoutbox_log.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 549
  • shoutbox_log_v2.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The formatting in .txt is horrible btw. Had to shift it to Word to make sense.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
And here I thought that everything we discussed there had already been covered in the site history articles....

tom must be working for the NSA. :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
And here I thought that everything we discussed there had already been covered in the site history articles....

tom must be working for the NSA. :p
To be honest, I wish. Just look at that heavy paycheck you would get every month. $$$

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +3
  • Varine Varine:
    I for one welcome our bot overlords

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.