Just humans.

And as a human
I want to speak
And listen.

Speak and listen.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I didn't really like the flow, but I think that is me being biased based upon what I know to be "my style" of poetry. You had sentences continuing through stanzas and I never do that. Even from line to line sentences are rare for me, but to have something go from stanza a to stanza b and be part of the same sentence...

You have to understand though that I was always taught and thus always thought of line breaks and stanzas as pauses, breaks in thought. So to me it looks like a run on sentence where you're pausing a bunch of times.

Overall though, the wording was pretty good and I got what you were talking about right away. I know that the first few lines where you're saying "people who speak well like you" got me thinking, but once I continued on, I realized what I was thinking about had NOTHING to do with what you were trying to say :D

I tend to have an... Old-fashioned means of talking and acting. I still hold doors open for the ladies, I use words like "sin" and "savior" in regular conversation, etc. etc. Not many people talk or act the way I do anymore and that's what it made me think of at first. But as I read on, I realized what you really meant, but I just thought it was interesting how you can preceive things so out of context.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I tried to condense the stanzas so that the reader could read two lines at once. Usually I read a poem twice to get the flow, so I didn't think reading this poem to be much different. But I can understand how the flow may seem interrupted since I didn't conclude each stanza.

Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.