The Bible is Sexist

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
cover1.jpg

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."
1 Timothy 2:12​

http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-12.htm
Seems legit to me :thup:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You didn't post the King James version.

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

ReVolver

Reaction score
You didn't post the King James version.

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Thy people will thy not know thy old English.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Does it seriously say that? I've never read a bible before. :)nuts:)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I find that funny :p. I'm pretty surprised that nobody's made an uproar about it.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
this is exactly why my school and i use a KJV. the other versions are some kind of jacked up translation that some hobo probably thought up of :/

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems pretty real to me.
This is a website my RE teacher often uses when we need to read something in the bible. It's certainly a legit site.

Edit:
1 Timothy 2:9-15 said:
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
The bible isn't viewed as sexist. Woman was created from man according to the bible, and the woman should live to serve the man. Though not exactly how it's worded that's the general idea. And I don't mean serve as in slave.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Seems pretty real to me.
This is a website my RE teacher often uses when we need to read something in the bible. It's certainly a legit site.

Edit:

NIV. When a person translates they can mis-interpret what it really says.

2 Timothy 2:9-15 (KJV)
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Romek sort of ownt this thread.

What?

As a Bible scholar, I confirm the verse as well. I don't think God is really telling women that they can't do anything besides childbirth. I believe God didn't make the woman to be a church officials. I'm not sure why God says this, but it's his word.

Oh, and this verse says nothing about politics or the "real" world, so you're a bit naive for calling God sexist. :rolleyes:

ReVolver

Reaction score
Oh, and this verse says nothing about politics or the "real" world, so you're a bit naive for calling God sexist. :rolleyes:

God didn't write the bible... :eek:

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Depending on how you look at it. Some people think it's the words of the mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.