The big baddy of D3?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Just face it guys. That new "evil from the skies" someone here was talking about. It just has to be queen of blades that has finally come to the world of sanctuary:nuts:

Edit: okay, A serious answer should be in place here.
I think, with the prime evils gone(Diablo, mephisto and baal).
maybe mephistos children may try to take the rule: Lillith and Lucion(The books never stated that he died, just that he "was no more" wich means that he coudl have some power to come back or something).

The lesser evils such as Andariel, Duriel are dead. But not Azmodan, wich btw a source has said that blizzard has confirmed that he is in the game.
I know for a fact that with the prime evils in sanctuary there was some kind of civil war in hell. Azmodan and Belial each had one half of it.

Belial is the in a plot to overthrow diablo when he ruled in hell. And now he is a candidate to the throne. Just as Azmodan is, and with him confirmed, perhaps the game will be about more than somebody trying to overthrow the sanctuary.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
comming to think about it, it most likely is tyreal.
Questecura from D2jsp.org said:
It just came to me that the 4 most powerful demons as far as human history/records go are Lucifer, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles and Belial.

With the help of wiki:

Lucifer = Diablo
Beelzebub = Baal
Mephistopheles = Mephisto
Belial = ?

Belial is the very first fallen angel / demon (even before Lucifer) who actually encouraged Lucifer on disobeying God.

Some quotes about him (for those who hate research);

"Belial being the father of Lucifer and the angel that convinced him to wage a rebellion in Heaven against God"
"'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility"
"The Satanic Bible names Belial as one of the Four Crown Princes of Hell"

Would Tyrael turn into Belial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfo7rtxOsT8
even in this movie, he comes right before Lucifer and is the only one named beside the devil.

I was really bored and decided to investigate, so this is all just me over thinking stuff but the research is true, wiki 'em yourself.

this makes it even more likely
+ everywhere i look it says tyreal aswell, so i must face the truth
it is for a fact, most likely tyreal.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Dude. That is wrong.

The demonic list as it should be:

Satan = Diablo (Beacuse they are both the rulers)
Belial = Baal (Explanation lower on this page)
? = Mephisto (Don't know this one)

He who wrote that is being missguided by a book(the satanic bible) wich is just a fictional modernisation of ancient stories. Such as the dead sea scrolls and so on.. I won't go into details about the book right now more than to mention that I like the book, not that it is right, only beacuse it is good written. Just one problem with it. It bites itself in the tail a few times, so to say. It predicts itself in a few parts.

But enought of that. Here is a pretty-close-to-"reality" thing I found on the net. I should now having studied these text for a about 5-7 years now, reading the holy books of christians, jews, islamists and so on, trying to find things that can lead to a somewhat "truth" about the demons and where they may have came from.

Anyhow, here is the explanation for baal:

Belial in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Belial (or Beliaal) is Hebrew for "without value." He is known as Beliar in Greek. Among certain sections of the Jews, this demon was considered the chief of all the devils. In The War of the Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness (1QM), one of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Belial is the leader of the Sons of Darkness:

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.'

Belial is also mentioned in the Fragments of a Zadokite Work (which is also known as The Damascus Document (CD)), which states that at the time of the Antichrist, "Belial shall be let loose against Israel, as God spake through Isaiah the prophet." (6:9). The Fragments also speak of "three nets of Belial" which are said to be fornication, wealth, and polution of the sanctuary. (6:10-11) In this work, Belial is sometimes presented as an agent of divine punishment and sometimes as a rebel, as Mastema is. It was Belial who inspired the Egyptian sorcerers, Jochaneh and his brother, to oppose Moses and Aaron. The Fragments also say that anyone who is ruled by the spirits of Belial and speaks of rebellion should be condemned as a necromancer and wizard.

Here is the solomon scrolls explanation of beelzebul:

In the Testament of Solomon (1st-3rd centuries CE), Solomon learns that Beelzeboul is one of the fallen angels who destroys by means of tyrants, causes demons to be worshiped, arouses desires in priests, brings about jealousies and murders, and instigates wars. The other demon he refers to as being imprisoned in the Red Sea is the one-winged demon, Abezethibou, Moses' adversary in Egypt.

Explanation for why "?" on mephisto:

Mephistophiles is the name of the devil in the Faust myths of the late Middle Ages through the Renaissance. During this period, there was a revival in the popularity of the Devil with the Protestant Reformation, which emphasized the Bible as the sole authority on religious matters, and thus greater emphasis on the New Testament concept of evil. Labels were thrown around between the Protestants and the Catholics - both claiming the other was the tool of the Devil, with Protestants claiming the Pope was the Antichrist. Rumors of Witchcraft and Satanism ran wild.

I would for one say that the original writer has just borrowed names from the religions.

Diablo = Spanish for devil aka. Satan
Baal = In some text used as a short term for beelzebul wich in modern stories another name for Satan.
Mephistophiles = Another name for Satan.

1.Baal = Lord of Destruction
2.Diablo = Lord of Terror
3.Mephisto = Lord of Hatred

Satan hates god(3.)
Satan causes terror(2.)
Satan tried to destroy heaven(1.)

And for you that did not know these things:

It is useless to blend in religions with the lore of sanctuary, beacuse the writer clearly states in his books that if there is something similiar to the real world in his books it is just a coinsident. The statement is in beginning of every book and leaves room for "name-borrowing".

Satan= Lucifer. Lucifer was his first name, it is latin from the words:
lux wich means light
efferer wich mean carrier/bearer
lightbearer, carrier of light = lucifer

When lucifer tried to overthrow god he was banished to hell and renamed to Satan wich means the greedy.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The lesser evils such as Andariel, Duriel are dead. But not Azmodan, wich btw a source has said that blizzard has confirmed that he is in the game.
I know for a fact that with the prime evils in sanctuary there was some kind of civil war in hell. Azmodan and Belial each had one half of it.

Belial is the in a plot to overthrow diablo when he ruled in hell. And now he is a candidate to the throne. Just as Azmodan is, and with him confirmed, perhaps the game will be about more than somebody trying to overthrow the sanctuary.

Read the actual lore before making statements. The civil war was after DIablo came back as the Dark Wanderer. Azmodan and Belial were put as rulers of the Hell by the Prime Evils, but still the Prime Evils were the emperrors of Hell.

As proof of the Lesser Evil's obeying to the Prime Evils are Andariel's and Duriel's entering in the Sanctuary. Both were sent by the Prime Evils there, Andariel to corrupt the Rogues Monastery and Duriel to watch Tal'Rasha's tomb, in order to meet the Hero that would come.

Personally I think that Lesser Evils trying to overthrow the sanctuary is just too less impressive to be Blizzard's Style. They will make up some great event that will make our jaws drop ;).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Read the actual lore before making statements. The civil war was after DIablo came back as the Dark Wanderer. Azmodan and Belial were put as rulers of the Hell by the Prime Evils, but still the Prime Evils were the emperrors of Hell.

As proof of the Lesser Evil's obeying to the Prime Evils are Andariel's and Duriel's entering in the Sanctuary. Both were sent by the Prime Evils there, Andariel to corrupt the Rogues Monastery and Duriel to watch Tal'Rasha's tomb, in order to meet the Hero that would come.

Personally I think that Lesser Evils trying to overthrow the sanctuary is just too less impressive to be Blizzard's Style. They will make up some great event that will make our jaws drop ;).

Dude, that was from the lore. It says that hell is in a state of civil war with Azmodan and Belial ruling over 50% each. The prime evils where banished to sanctuary beacuse of those two.
The Dark Exile. I read it at that page you yourself have posted about a few times: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Exile

And due. Andariel and Duriel are dead, and maybe even the prime evils are to. I would not throw in the towel on those three just yet, but azmodan and belial is likely candidates to continue their task if they are.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ancient Horadric texts record that Andariel and the other Lesser Evils once overthrew the three Prime Evils - Diablo, Mephisto and Baal - banishing them from Hell to our world. With this betrayal weighing against her, Andariel's presence in Sanctuary can only mean that the forces of Hell are once again aligned behind Diablo and his Brothers. While it is clear that the Maiden of Anguish is acting on behalf of Diablo to prevent anyone from following him eastward, it is also clear that she must be destroyed if the Lord of Terror is to be stopped.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Andariel

Maybe Azmodan and Belial fight to rule the Hell, but they were allied with the Prime Evils again.

However, now as those are banished, I cannot predict what is going to happen with Hell, but I still don't think that Azmodan or Belial would become the final Boss.

EDIT: Actually, the Lore seems a bit contradicting here. In another article, it seems that this was some kind of punishment, as was for Duriel to guard the tomb. If this is correct then Azmodan and Belial weren't aligned with the Prime Evils... I apologize then Samael.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Andariel

Maybe Azmodan and Belial fight to rule the Hell, but they were allied with the Prime Evils again.

However, now as those are banished, I cannot predict what is going to happen with Hell, but I still don't think that Azmodan or Belial would become the final Boss.

EDIT: Actually, the Lore seems a bit contradicting here. In another article, it seems that this was some kind of punishment, as was for Duriel to guard the tomb. If this is correct then Azmodan and Belial weren't aligned with the Prime Evils... I apologize then Samael.

No need for apologies. Everyone has bad days. But if that site are correct then azmodan is going to show in the game. Not sure how, but they say that blizzard has confirmed him:thup: That is where I got the idea from. With them fighting and all, and they did afterall banish the prime evils to exile in the sanctuary, that does not sound like allies to me. But on the other hand, I have not read all the books, so it might be something I have missed due to that.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I did not read the books either. But this sentence "Andariel's presence in Sanctuary can only mean that the forces of Hell are once again aligned behind Diablo and his Brothers." misguided me.

And it wasn't a bad day, I was simply wrong :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.