Version 1.6
General:
- Updated instructions

Tactician:
- Added item descriptions
- Fixed hotkey for Open Portal

title.png

1. Overview
This is a DotA style map which places a greater emphasis on controlling creeps and territory. Each side's heroes are capable of spreading its affiliated terrain type over the battlefield. Enemy creeps trespassing onto opposing terrain will take damage at regular intervals. There are also neutral buildings spread around the map that provide more strategic options.

2. Map
map_trap.jpg

3. Heroes
Hero skills can be enabled by equipping the skill’s corresponding item, which can be found at the Hero’s obelisk. A maximum of six skill items can be equipped at one time, although you can change which ones at your leisure. The obelisk also contains upgrades for each skill (up to level 5) as well as for the three Hero stats (Attack, Magic, and Vitality) up to level 10.

Hero summaries: (Detailed)

visceralp.jpg

saviorp.jpg

mindp.jpg

peregrinep.jpg

hunterp.jpg

engineerp.jpg

beastp.jpg

lordp.jpg

guardianp.jpg

tacticianp.jpg

4. Eco
Each side has an affiliated terrain type which damages enemy land units should they venture onto it. Non-flying Heroes constantly convert any nearby terrain to their affiliated type wherever they go, except when they are in close proximity to enemy Heroes.

5. Base Buildings
Each base has a command center, three barracks, and six tech buildings. A team loses the game if its command center is destroyed. Each barracks periodically spawns an army comprised of different unit types, depending on which tech buildings remain in the base.

6. Controllers
Each side owns three Controllers, each of which is associated with one of that side’s barracks. A Controller controls all units spawned by its associated barrack by ordering them to attack to its location. Controllers cannot be seen or harmed by the enemy. The Controllers’ Power up ability is activated when one of your base buildings is destroyed.

This ability allows the Controller to change the destination of a teleportation circle to a predefined location inside the enemy base. To use a teleportation circle, activate the ability when the Controller is close to it. The Controller will order all its units through the teleport, and instruct them to assault the enemy base on arrival. Teleported units will not follow the Controller’s orders thereafter.

7. Neutral Towers
There are four types of neutral towers located across the map, the control of which can confer useful strategic benefits upon the controlling party. Heroes can activate towers by moving near them, provided there are no enemy Heroes nearby.

The Sight Tower temporarily provides vision of the area around the tower as well as detecting invisible units.

The Invisibility Tower confers invisibility upon the activating Hero for a short period of time.

The Eco Tower instantly creates a large patch of the Hero’s affiliated terrain in an area around the tower. Terrain created in this manner cannot be removed by enemy Heroes until they gain control of the creating tower.

The Trueshot Tower boosts the ranged damage of the activating Hero and his proximate allies.

8. Version Changes
Version 1.5
General:
- Made the "research complete" sound effect to be different for the two sides
- Swap the models for Blight level 3 DPS and tank
- Renamed Tree Force to Nature Force, and Undead Force to Blight Force

Tactician:
- Changed the sound effect for Dimensional Gate's portal
- Renamed Nydus Gate to Dimensional Gate
- Changed message shown when opening Dimensional Gate's portal: Constructing -> Summoning
- Fixed bug where Eco Node cannot be attacked

Hunter Killer:
- Fixed tooltip for the effect of magic upgrade on Ghost Hounds

Version 1.4
General:
- Fixed bug where Undead level 4 and level 5 Mage have their spells swapped

Engineer:
- Updated Spell Nexus' tooltip to include the extra mana the Nexus gains

Guardian:
- Added more effect to Life Link
- Fixed buggy tooltips for turning off Checkpoint and Dispersion

Savior:
- Changed Zeal's buff name to Zeal (was Holy Frenzy)

Version 1.3
Mind Bender:
- Fixed bug where Rain of Chaos keeps going forever
- Fixed upgrade icon positions

Visceral:
- Fixed Eco Overpower icon

Version 1.2
Tactician:
- Fixed bug where Seek and Destroy Missile damages selector and structures
- Improved homing ability of Seek and Destroy missile
- Seek and Destroy Missile can no longer be teleported

General:
- Improved memory usage and stability

Version 1.1
Engineer:
- Fixed bug where Channel Tower moves the tower with wrong life percentage
- Fixed bug where the Anti Matter Tower gets unlimited mana after its nexus dies

Version 1.0
General:
- 2 new heroes: Guardian and Tactician
- The hints system is now on by default. This was done to familiarize new players to subtle aspects of the game
- A warning is now displayed if the hero leaves the obelisk area without any items.
- Optimized eco damage handling
- Added level requirements to skill and stat upgrades. This is to prevent players from maxing a specific skill early in the game.
- Invisibility Towers replaced Invisibility Runes that respawn periodically.
- Added special effect for respawned creeps

Beast Tamer:
- Increased cast range of Eco Guard from 500 to 800

Mind Bender:
- Replaced Evasion with Eco Reverse.
- Replaced Imprison with Rain of Chaos.

Visceral:
- Replaced Twister with Eco Overpower.

Engineer:
- Reduced Tower's build time from 75 to 45 seconds. Channel Tower's channel time is reduced from 75(-15) to 45(-9).
- Tower's initial mana decreased from 250 to 150. Mana regeneration increased from 1 to 3 mana per second.
- Tower's damage decreased from 10+1d8 to 4+1d6
- Changed the way Spell Nexus works. Now, if the Nexus expires with some mana, the mana is returned to the Tower. The Nexus has 100 higher max mana and has 100 mana in addition to the Tower's mana.

Version 0.8
General:
- Swapped Frost Wyrm and Tree Stronghold's missile. This way the stronghold's attack is more visible
- More terrain improvement
- Moved friendly warp gates closer to the center of the map, and change the destination to beside the opposing side's trueshot tower
- Made level 4 mage creeps cast Curse, and level 5 mage creeps cast Bloodlust
- Fixed bug where Level 2 Mages aren't casting Inner Fire
- Fixed bug where Blight's level 2 DPS have ranged attack
- Added item tooltips to all heroes

Interface:
- Make creep shadows smaller
- Added message telling that the player has picked a hero
- Added hints system
- Resize multiboard's columns
- Changed colour of creeps and towers to make them more visible in minimap

Beast Tamer:
- Fixed bug where dead Blight Guarded units are causing double free
- Decreased Wizard's Orb's height, to reflect that it is a ground target
- Added buff to Eco Guard

Hunter Killer:
- Removed stat refresh when switching to / from spectral form

Lord of the Swarm:
- Increased Serpent Ward's range from 500 to 800
- Fixed Serpent Ward's tooltip

Peregrine:
- Added glow to the Blight Peregrine

Version 0.7
General:
- Fixed eco related bug
- Set rescued towers' owner to allied comp
- Fixed bug where dead heroes gain experience when enemy towers are killed
- Fixed bug where controllers can rescue towers

Interface:
- Added initial message to tell players where to get the hero skills
- Added message to indicate the start of game
- Made controllers hero. They are now more visible in the minimap
- Terrain improvements

Peregrine:
- Cyclone duration decreased from 20(+5) to 10(+5)
- Made Slow Poison stacks

Mind Bender:
- Made Mind Explosion's mines immune to eco damage
- Added buff to incite hate and changed its icon

Savior:
- Renamed Holy Frenzy to Zeal
- Devotion Aura no longer affects buildings

Lord of the Swarm:
- Suicidals no longer damage buildings
- Increased acquisition range of Fire Drake and Fire Wraith to 900 from 600
- Fixed the Fire Drake's damage for Explode's tooltip
- Made Void Shield more visible
- Fixed Eco Spots. Changed radius from 500 to 256, mana from 150(-25) to 50(-10), cooldown from 120(-20) to 60(-10)

Version 0.6
Interface:
- Changed the hotkey for the controllers. Pressing F3 will now select all controllers
- Moved ability icons around for all heroes
- Added ability / upgrade hotkeys to the item names
- Obelisks no longer gain exp when hero is dead
- Obelisks and rescuable towers are now vulnerable during the ending cinematic.
- Renamed the buildings
- Made obelisks not appear as hero in minimap

General:
- Fixed bug causing a huge lag 5-10 mins into the game (thanks to Corleone for pointing out this lag)
- Fixed some potential double free of structs
- Moved the fountain of life and mana
- Set food produced by command centers to 0
- Rescuable Towers now display their abilities
- Fixed damage types of blight creeps
- Fixed bug where blight heroes do not get Exp for killing towers

Mind Bender:
- Hijack Tower can no longer take control of enemy's barracks. Instead, it makes allied and enemy tower controllable.
- Doubled the mana and duration for Vortex
- Added buff for isolated units
- Fixed bug where Incite Hate tries to command dead units
- Changed Vortex's ability icon
- Fixed bug where Vortex is treated as ground unit
- Hallucinations no longer get eco damage

Engineer:
- Renamed Tower to Anti Matter Tower
- Moved the initial spawn location of the tower to the middle of the base
- Restat Impale to make it more spammable
- Increased cooldown for Repair from 1 to 3s

Beast Master:
- Made Wizard Orb uncontrollable and changed the sound set

Peregrine:
- Stone Form no longer has Magic Immunity

Hunter Killer:
- Fixed Spectral Form's sound set and removed the shadow

Version 0.5
Interface:
- Added preset hotkeys to the controller (thanks to Corleone for the suggestion!). Now you can press Up to select the top controller, Left / Right for the middle controller, and Down for the bottom controller.
- Added instructions and welcoming message at the start of the game
- Changed the loading screen to use The Big Game's icon

Lord of the Swarm:
- Spawn Drake mana cost decreased from 125 to 80. Cooldown increased from 30 to 60 seconds
- Spawn Wraiths mana cost decreased from 60 to 40. Cooldown increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
- Fixed Spawn Serpent's tooltip
- Fixed Explode's upgrade tooltip

Engineer:
- Fixed bug where Nexus permanently disables the tower's attack.
- Fixed Build Tower's tooltip
- Disallow Engineer's tower from denying creeps

Mind Bender
- Replaced Taunt with Isolate
- Replaced Terrify with Vortex

Beast Tamer
- Made Eco Guard's buff more visible

Version 0.4
Interface:
- Added message when a player leaves the game
- Colour player names in messages

Traps and Towers:
- Made powered up teleportation circle be able to teleport flying creeps. Flying heroes cannot use powered up teleportation circle.
- Enable trap room's damage only when it is closed. The damage per second has been increased from 10 to 10 (+5 per creep level).
- Increased the hold range of rescuable towers from 500 to 750. To take control the tower from an enemy, there must be no enemy hero within 750 radius from the tower.

Beast Tamer:
- Replaced Flickering Shield with Dark Ritual

Engineer:
- Added details to Channel Tower's tooltip
- Engineer is now summoned with his tower. He still needs to rebuild his tower if the tower dies, however.

Mind Bender:
- Incite Hate now has a duration.

Version 0.3
Interface:
- Fixed tooltips
- Added contact information to loading screen
- Changed Tree Force's Level 2 Flyer's missile to not conflict with Engineer's Tower's.
- Changed Obelisks to hero. Now players can select them by using the portrait or by pressing F2.

Beast Tamer:
- Set Healing Ward's heal rate to 15% per second, to organic non heroes only.
- Reduced Spirit Chain's mana from 75 to 40
- Made Rise and Fall's animation more visible

Peregrine:
- Stone Form no longer affects the terrain nearby
- Fixed hero's attack power
- Reduced Petrifying Gaze's mana from 100 to 75

Visceral:
- Fixed Death Wish's buff icon
- Reduced Vampiricism's heal rate from 30(+30)% to 20(+20)%

Savior:
- Reduced Eco Immunity's mana from 50 to 25

Mind Bender:
- Reduced Howl of Terror's mana from 75 to 50
- Reduced Imprison's cooldown from 15 to 10 seconds
- Reduced Mass Hallucination's mana from 100 to 75
- Reduced Taunt's cooldown from 15 to 10 seconds

Lord of the Swarm:
- Reduced priority of summoned units from 4 to 3

Version 0.2
- Prevents heroes and towers from attacking allies
- Fixed Lord of the Swarm's Frenzy buff and tooltip
- Fixed Ghost Hound's Land Taint buff

Version 0.1
- Initial version

9. How you can help
- Play test the game and look for any bugs and balance issues. We're looking for 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 games.

+rep for any of the above!

10. Screenshots

Comments and feedback appreciated!

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Uploaded in thehelpers. Thanks anyway.

EDIT:
Hero Details

Visceral
visceral1.jpg

visceral2.jpg

Savior
savior1.jpg

savior2.jpg

Mind Bender
mind1.jpg

mind2.jpg

Peregrine
peregrine1.jpg

peregrine2.jpg

Hunter Killer
hunter1.jpg

hunter2.jpg

hunter3.jpg

Engineer
engineer1.jpg

engineer2.jpg

engineer3.jpg

Beast Tamer
beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg

beast3.jpg

Lord of the Swarm
lord1.jpg

lord2.jpg

lord3.jpg

Guardian
guardian1.jpg

Tactician

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.2 is up:
- Prevents heroes and towers from attacking allies
- Fixed Lord of the Swarm's Frenzy buff and tooltip
- Fixed Ghost Hound's Land Taint buff

If anyone is having trouble gathering people to play, you can PM me. My friend and I can do a 2v2 (even better: 3v3 or 4v4). We're also interested in watching how people play the game, what abilities are unclear / unbalanced, and what combos / builds people come up with.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.3 is up! There's a lot of interface / balance changes. Check it out here!

Also, we're looking for some help:
- Make a logo for the game. The logo can be anything as long as it is related to the game. One idea would be something that looks like a fight between "grass" and "blight".

- Play test the game and look for any bugs and balance issues. We're looking for 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 games.

+rep for any of the above!

EDIT: Added map of the game.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.4 is up! Beast Tamer's Flickering Shield has been replaced by Dark Ritual to cope with his heavy mana usage. Also some balance changes to Engineer and Mind Bender and changes to the mechanics of the trap room.

So ... 300+ views of the thread, 138 downloads, and not a single feedback? Can anyone tell us what's discouraging you from giving feedback? We really need it ... :(

Corleone

Reaction score
I downloaded the map and gave it a go. Looks quite fun, but here are some suggestions that could improve the map:

1) About 5 to 10 minutes after I started the game started to lag pretty badly; Every few seconds the screen froze for a split second. Perhaps some of the variables are leaking, causing lag?

2) The creeps are rather small. I generally like to see which units are surrounding me, and it was a bit hard to tell now.

3) Creeps constantly block the way, whenever I try to retreat a bit. The creeps kept forming a 'wall', so that I could not run away when a tower was shooting at me. It's a bit silly to go from full health to zero health, only because some ranged units were in the way.

4) My hero felt a bit useless. I picked the Lord of the Swarm and I can't say that he contributed greatly to destroying the towers and such. Overall, he felt a bit weak. It also too me a while to figure out how to cast spells; At first I thought the upgrades at the obelisk would simply automatically spawn new kinds of units, or upgrade existing units, but then I noticed that I could pick up items to learn spells.

I just played another game and I have to say that the Beast Tamer appeared to be quite a lot stronger and more useful, thanks to the Endurance Aura.

5) The terraining looks a bit boring. Perhaps you could add some doodads or something. Now it's just generic cliffs with two types of land. Having a cooler looking terrain would greatly improve the maps atmosphere.

6) Perhaps you could add a hotkey for the waypoint flags, so that they are easier to select. Then one wouldn't have to scroll back and forth to select and move them.

Overall, I like the concept and I think it is definitely worth refining more. The idea of switching terrain types was very clever.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Hooray! Thanks for the feedback!

1) About 5 to 10 minutes after I started the game started to lag pretty badly; Every few seconds the screen froze for a split second. Perhaps some of the variables are leaking, causing lag?
Hmm ... we haven't had that happening to us. Are you playing 1 vs 0? In battlenet? Which hero are you using?

2) The creeps are rather small. I generally like to see which units are surrounding me, and it was a bit hard to tell now.
We use the size to indicate the creep level. Higher level creeps are bigger. Do you have any suggestions on how to differentiate between the creep types and between the creep levels? We'll think about this one.

3) Creeps constantly block the way, whenever I try to retreat a bit. The creeps kept forming a 'wall', so that I could not run away when a tower was shooting at me. It's a bit silly to go from full health to zero health, only because some ranged units were in the way.

Yes, you need to be careful at choke points, especially in the corridors. Have you tried running the other way, through the towers?

4) My hero felt a bit useless. I picked the Lord of the Swarm and I can't say that he contributed greatly to destroying the towers and such. Overall, he felt a bit weak.
Noted. Do you remember which skills you tried? Did you try using Frenzy and Void Shield?

It also too me a while to figure out how to cast spells; At first I thought the upgrades at the obelisk would simply automatically spawn new kinds of units, or upgrade existing units, but then I noticed that I could pick up items to learn spells.
Hmm ... information about that is in the Quest menu. Did you notice that there are instructions in the quest menu? If not, we'll have a message or something to direct the players to that. (or I suppose, you're too bothered to read ... cause I would be ;p. Maybe we should put some really basic instruction in the loading screen ...)

I just played another game and I have to say that the Beast Tamer appeared to be quite a lot stronger and more useful, thanks to the Endurance Aura.
Did you try Trojan Horse and Healing Ward?

5) The terraining looks a bit boring. Perhaps you could add some doodads or something. Now it's just generic cliffs with two types of land. Having a cooler looking terrain would greatly improve the maps atmosphere.
We'll work on this ... wanna help out?

6) Perhaps you could add a hotkey for the waypoint flags, so that they are easier to select. Then one wouldn't have to scroll back and forth to select and move them.
What I usually do is to Control Group each flag. That way, I can move them around without scrolling to them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Corleone

Reaction score
Hooray! Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm ... we haven't had that happening to us. Are you playing 1 vs 0? In battlenet? Which hero are you using?

I was playing 1 vs 0. Forgot my log-in details for Battle.net, and I don't know anyone who's actively playing Warcraft 3 at the moment. Happened during both games played ( i.e. with both heroes ).

We use the size to indicate the creep level. Higher level creeps are bigger. Do you have any suggestions on how to differentiate between the creep types and between the creep levels? We'll think about this one.

Ah, yes, I noticed that. However, one can easily recognize higher level creeps, simply because they have different model files. Each level of creeps consists of new units. This is, by the way, no major issue. Just something I personally prefer.

Yes, you need to be careful at choke points, especially in the corridors. Have you tried running the other way, through the towers?

Heh, well, the towers were rather strong and I thought it would be better to run away from them. If I'd run towards them I'd be running into the enemy base, thus essentially comitting suicide.

Noted. Do you remember which skills you tried? Did you try using Frenzy and Void Shield?

I mainly spawned as many units as possible ( once I figured out how to do so ). The immobile serpent seemed rather weak, compared to the dragons and voids, though: Relatively high mana cost ( since one can only create one serpent at a time ), 'low' health and while they do fairly high damage they are still completely immobile.

Hmm ... information about that is in the Quest menu. Did you notice that there are instructions in the quest menu? If not, we'll have a message or something to direct the players to that. (or I suppose, you're too bothered to read ... cause I would be ;p. Maybe we should put some really basic instruction in the loading screen ...)

I briefly had a look at it, but I didn't really read things carefully. Perhaps a short message at the start to look at the Quest menu to find out how everything works would be nice ;)

Did you try Trojan Horse and Healing Ward?

I generally used lots of Healing Wards and the spell chaining multiple units together. Healing wards didn't seem to work very well, though; It seemed as if they only healed one random target, unlike the typical HWs obtained through items ( which heal everything in range ). Hence, whenever I wanted to be healed myself I received no healing. On the other hand, having a healing ward that heals everything would be too overpowered, since it would become very difficult to kill creeps.

Can't say I tried Trojan Horse, because I didn't see the point of it.

We'll work on this ... wanna help out?

I'm currently working on my own rather big project, and not having made any maps for Warcraft for several years, my terraining skills are a bit dodgy, to say the least. Ergo, my 'free time' is limited and I wouldn't be of much use.

What I usually do is to Control Group each flag. That way, I can move them around without scrolling to them.

Ah, that's quite a good idea. But perhaps another idea would be to select one of them when a player presses the "Up'/Down/Left/Right arrow". For example, Up would be the flag that is initially placed at the top portion of the map, "Down" the bottom one, "Left" the middle one, and "Right" all at the same time.

Simply setting your own groups would of course work as well, but not having to set them at all makes it even easier ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome!

Xienoph

Reaction score
I was playing 1 vs 0. Forgot my log-in details for Battle.net, and I don't know anyone who's actively playing Warcraft 3 at the moment. Happened during both games played ( i.e. with both heroes ).

Do you remember approximately what's the interval between the lags? We had a periodic lag in the past when we had a lot more creeps (think 300). It seemed that the pathing algorithm caused the lag.

Ah, yes, I noticed that. However, one can easily recognize higher level creeps, simply because they have different model files. Each level of creeps consists of new units. This is, by the way, no major issue. Just something I personally prefer.

I think you'll get used to them. The only ones difficult to differentiate are Tank and DPS creeps.

I mainly spawned as many units as possible ( once I figured out how to do so ). The immobile serpent seemed rather weak, compared to the dragons and voids, though: Relatively high mana cost ( since one can only create one serpent at a time ), 'low' health and while they do fairly high damage they are still completely immobile.

True. But notice that since they are immobile, the serpents will last a lot longer. The drakes and voids keep moving towards the enemy base and will eventually die. You can mass (eventually) the serpent and defend one lane very well. (also, you can use explode to convert them into invisible land mines. They're really powerful).

I generally used lots of Healing Wards and the spell chaining multiple units together. Healing wards didn't seem to work very well, though; It seemed as if they only healed one random target, unlike the typical HWs obtained through items ( which heal everything in range ). Hence, whenever I wanted to be healed myself I received no healing. On the other hand, having a healing ward that heals everything would be too overpowered, since it would become very difficult to kill creeps.

Healing ward is supposed to function like Witch Doctor's ward, except it only affects creeps and heals at a much higher rate. Once you cast it, the creeps around the ward will be virtually invincible.

We haven't seen that bug before, but we'll take note of it. Were you looking at the life bars to see the effect? I'm guessing that since the creeps are so tiny, you can hardly see the effect of the ward.

Can't say I tried Trojan Horse, because I didn't see the point of it.

Trojan is Beast Tamer's most powerful offensive spell. The horse has a siege attack which makes it very good at destroying towers and buildings.

I'm currently working on my own rather big project, and not having made any maps for Warcraft for several years, my terraining skills are a bit dodgy, to say the least. Ergo, my 'free time' is limited and I wouldn't be of much use.

Cool. Let me know if you need any testers!

Ah, that's quite a good idea. But perhaps another idea would be to select one of them when a player presses the "Up'/Down/Left/Right arrow". For example, Up would be the flag that is initially placed at the top portion of the map, "Down" the bottom one, "Left" the middle one, and "Right" all at the same time.

That's an awesome idea! We'll implement that. (+rep)

EDIT: Sigh ... need to spread reputations around. Remind me about this :S

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.5 is up! Mind Bender gets two new abilities: Vortex and Isolation. These two replace Terrify and Taunt.

Lord of the Swarm's Spawn Drake and Spawn Wraith mana and cooldown have been adjusted to encourage the player to use a variety of summons.

Controllers now have a hotkey associated with them. Press Up to select the top controller, Left / Right for middle one, and Down for bottom one. Thanks to Corleone for the idea.

Actually, pressing the arrows will scroll the screen. Does anyone know how to disable scrolling using arrows?

Lifee

Reaction score
my favorite hero is the rexxar model lol he is so imba 100% vampiric aura xD

Xienoph

Reaction score
my favorite hero is the rexxar model lol he is so imba 100% vampiric aura xD

Vampirism is only good if you have ground organic units to hit. A 1v1 battle vs heroes like Peregrine, Hunter Killer, or Lord of the Swarm will likely kill Visceral, even with max Vampiric Aura and Attack Upgrade.

Lifee

Reaction score
Vampiric Aura is only good if you have ground organic units to hit. A 1v1 battle vs heroes like Peregrine, Hunter Killer, or Lord of the Swarm will likely kill Visceral, even with max Vampiric Aura and Attack Upgrade.

No wAY ! My favorite hero can't die xD he is immortal, if i play againts hunter killer,peregrine, or lord of the swarm i will stun him and use all my powers xD even im a pro player and i wont let my hero die xD If u dont believe me you can try to beat me xD

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.6 is up! A lot of polishing to the interface, bug and stability fixes. Vortex is less spammable now, but the duration is longer.

BTW, we still need testers! Without testers, we can't balance the game properly! D:

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 0.7 is up! Some balance and stability fixes, also some improvement on terrain.

Badhaas

Reaction score
I just downloaded the game and played it in single player.
I took the panda hero and just grabbed some random skills :p, though I only really used avatar and healing wave ( and maybe the aura also helped).

It was fun to play, even though I usually don't really like dota like games this one was fun to play though I think it would be more fun if you could play it in multi-player (which I couldn't at the moment:().

I really liked the ending cinematic before the victory, it made you really feel like you achieved something great (even though I used a cheat after playing for 45 minutes :p), victory is mine :D:thup:

The terrain changing thing was also really nice. It really felt like you were taking over thier territory.

There are a few points though you could improve a bit in my opinion:
- the leaderboard; in my opinion the words in the top row are sometimes too close to each other. this might look like making a big problem out of something small, though every time I looked at it, it ennoyed me a little bit.

- in the beginning of the game the objective wasn't really clear to me, though I already read your post and know DotA so I just attacked. Though maybe you could create a small opening cinematic, like the ending one, to set up the atmosphere, make the objective clear and such. In my opinion it enhances the game experience.

- at the waypoint (or something) in the middle of the map the creeps didn't move further, the ones down and up were attacking the enemies creeps, but the ones in the middle were just standing still at the waypoint. Maybe you could change it a bit so there would be a battle going on there to.

- and the computers don't have an AI. You might think this isn't necessary, though I notice in Dota that with not equal teams in players the team with the most players has a big advantage. Or if its 1v1 or 2v2 each team could take an extra computer with a different difficulty to balance their skills (for example a noob player with an insane computer vs a pro player with an easy computer). Though AI isn't required you could just see it as an extra for the players.

- I also might have gotten a tower bonus thing from an enemy tower once, though I'm not sure. Got to check that one out again to see if that was what really happened:p.

Though overal it was really good :thup:, it was fun to play and (I think) everything worked the way it should. Nice job The things I noted are just small things which could be improved to polish the game, make it nice and shiny.

If you want to play a multi-player match on battle.net just pm me for a time and I'll see if I can make it.
And in a few weeks I might be able to test it with some friends.:rolleyes:

There was one thing I was wondering about, there aren't gonna be any items right?:p (At DotA it sometimes took a lot of time to find out which items were usefull and what to get for those recipes. With your game I have some extra time to play :D)

I hope I gave you some usefull comments.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments!

- at the waypoint (or something) in the middle of the map the creeps didn't move further, the ones down and up were attacking the enemies creeps, but the ones in the middle were just standing still at the waypoint. Maybe you could change it a bit so there would be a battle going on there to.
Each barrack has a controller associated with it, and creeps spawned from that barrack will move-attack to the associated controller. The creeps in the middle are just standing there probably because you didn't move the controllers forward. We left it like that because we want the players to decide where the creeps should go.

- I also might have gotten a tower bonus thing from an enemy tower once, though I'm not sure. Got to check that one out again to see if that was what really happened:p.
Yes, killing a tower will give you a lot of exp. So if you concentrate all your creeps on one lane, the enemy can kill a tower in other lanes.

If you want to play a multi-player match on battle.net just pm me for a time and I'll see if I can make it.
Awesome. Will do!

There was one thing I was wondering about, there aren't gonna be any items right?:p (At DotA it sometimes took a lot of time to find out which items were usefull and what to get for those recipes. With your game I have some extra time to play :D)
No, unless we find that the items are necessary to make the game interesting. We didn't want to make the game's momentum too strong. A losing team should still be able to turn back and win the game. Adding items may give the winning team access to stronger items and make it harder for the other team to fight back. Instead, we're using the controllers, rescuable towers, fountains, back doors, and warp circles / gates. Turning around a fight requires a well planned strategy.

We'll look into your other comments. Thanks again!

Badhaas

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments!
Your welcome:D

Each barrack has a controller associated with it, and creeps spawned from that barrack will move-attack to the associated controller. The creeps in the middle are just standing there probably because you didn't move the controllers forward. We left it like that because we want the players to decide where the creeps should go.
Ok, but how do you move the controllers forward? I noticed they had reallypoints you could set, but not all units moved to those rally points. And sometimes when I looked back at the controller it suddenly had moved forward.:confused:

Yes, killing a tower will give you a lot of exp. So if you concentrate all your creeps on one lane, the enemy can kill a tower in other lanes.
What I actually meant was like a bonus from a trueshot tower or one of those, which was still standing in enemy territory. But I guesse they help everyone as long as there aren't enemy heroes around.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I tried your map.

I like the system how creeps work. Though the thing I don't like is the terrain, looks weird using this lava and hell style with that grass.

And also I don't like that you don't have any skill points at the start, I'd stay 3 for start would be nice to have at least one spell.

Otherwise good idea. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.