AoS The Big Game

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Version 1.0 is up! This version has a lot of changes and deserves a major version bump. We have two new heroes: Tactician and Guardian. Tactician is a strategic hero who is proficient at directing the tactical operations of allied armies. Guardian is a protective hero, capable of absorbing heavy punishment on his own and his allies' behalf.

We've also refocused Mind Bender to cause more chaos on the battle field. Visceral and Mind Bender now have a terrain related ability.

Another big change is level requirements to the abilities and stat upgrades. We want to discourage players from racing to max a certain ability.

We hope you enjoy this release, and we're still waiting for that feedback! (while enjoying sc2 :D) Thanks for those who have given us feedback. We really appreciate them.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 1.1 is up! We fixed some bugs for the Engineer due to the changes in version 1.0. We're working on the item tooltips for the new abilities introduced in version 1.0. If anyone wants to help us, please post here / PM me. Also, more feedback is always appreciated.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 1.2 is out! Improvement to Tactician's Seek and Destroy missile, and memory usage and stability improvement.

We're still looking for testers!

Xienoph

Reaction score
Hero profiles and details updated to reflect the new skills. Anyone wants to write the skill lores?

Xienoph

Reaction score
New version is up. Some fixes for bugs that we managed to miss.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Version 1.4 is out!
Some tooltip fixes, effect improvements, and creep bug fix.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Just a thought: Maybe Tree Forces should be Nature and Undead should be Evil, Tree and Undead sound a little... I can't explain :/

I think you should add a Basic Single Target spell at beginning, since you don't get an ability point.

A quests section of the Units/Creeps, like when do the Level 1 Units become Level 2

AI system <- This would be the most wanted thing for me, because I can't host and play with others.

In singleplayer I played alone and when I had vision of undead creeps each one lost 1 hp per 5 seconds?

Level 1 Flyer and those stuff -> Level 1 Air

Level 1 Tank and those stuff -> Level 1 Melee

Level 1 DPS should have 2-8 dmg since tank is 1-6 and DPS is 1-8 just an extended range but 6 of the dmgs are like tank because 2 times a chance out of 8 to get 7 or 8 dmg.

I think you should have non-epic gear each costing 10 gold, and you get 10 gold from killing a tower, like 10 gold boots [adds # ms] 10 gold armor [adds # armor] 10 gold sward [adds # sword], this would mean that you could have both spells and items and have a limited amount of each, no spells you can get a lot of gear, no gear you get a lot of spells, because tanks mostly don't use a lot of mana spells.

Creeps shop, Level 1 Creep pack costs 20 gold, spawns all of the level 1 units one of each one and level 2 and so on, another lvl = x 2 so Level 2 is 40gold

100 gold cost boss creep, 50-75 dmg, 20 armor, 600 hp

Mind Bender Rain of Chaos upgraded by 1 doesn't have a description to read as an item in hero inventory D:<!!!

Mind Bender Rain of Chaos's Infernals should give vision but not control

Undead Level 3 Tank and Dps models swapped [FelGuard for DPS] [Ogre for Tank]

Level 1 should have Siege units or just Level 3 Sieges are called Level 2 [Didn't pay attention to Level 1 much so yeah.]

[Submitted after Level 3]

Xienoph

Reaction score
Just a thought: Maybe Tree Forces should be Nature and Undead should be Evil, Tree and Undead sound a little... I can't explain :/
Because "Tree" sounds lame? Yeah, I agree. We've changed it to "Nature." "Undead" have been renamed to "Blight."

A quests section of the Units/Creeps, like when do the Level 1 Units become Level 2
Good idea. We'll add that

AI system <- This would be the most wanted thing for me, because I can't host and play with others.
We have no idea how to make a good AI that doesn't cheat excessively. Do you want to help us?

In singleplayer I played alone and when I had vision of undead creeps each one lost 1 hp per 5 seconds?
1 hp per 5 seconds? Is that a typo (how did you notice that?)? We'll look into this.

Mind Bender Rain of Chaos upgraded by 1 doesn't have a description to read as an item in hero inventory D:<!!!
We're still working on the item description for that.

Mind Bender Rain of Chaos's Infernals should give vision but not control
Why do you feel that it needs to give vision?

Undead Level 3 Tank and Dps models swapped [FelGuard for DPS] [Ogre for Tank]
Good point. We'll swap the models.

Level 1 should have Siege units or just Level 3 Sieges are called Level 2 [Didn't pay attention to Level 1 much so yeah.]
Not sure what you meant but I think you might have been confused by level 1 sieges being summoned with level 2 creeps. Sieges only have 3 levels, so they level up slower.

Thanks for the feedback!

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know AI but I thought there was someone that did AI for maps if requested?

Ok I was singeplayer and I was attacking the "Blight" team and when me and our teams creeps were still moving the Blight Teams creeps kept losing hp randomly?

I think the infernals should give vision because there summoned by the Mind Bender so the Mind Bender can see where they are and not go there to get killed.

Oh siege spawn slower? Ah that makes sense at level 3 they were still spawning level 2 sieges :p

Xienoph

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know AI but I thought there was someone that did AI for maps if requested?
We can make AIs, but AI will be really tricky for this game. The AI needs to be able to decide which abilities to pick, which to level up, where to send the controllers to, when to use the backdoor to sneak into enemy's base, when to regain control of which rescuable towers, etc. Also, a lot of the spells are custom made. So, this is a lot of work for potentially little value.

Ok I was singeplayer and I was attacking the "Blight" team and when me and our teams creeps were still moving the Blight Teams creeps kept losing hp randomly?
If you are playing in the Nature's force and you, or your creeps, step on blight, you'll get periodic damage. But the damage is 10 per second, not 1 every 5 seconds (which is what surprised us).

I think the infernals should give vision because there summoned by the Mind Bender so the Mind Bender can see where they are and not go there to get killed.
That skill is meant to be used when your opponent has greater map control over you. At this situation, your opponents are spread across the map, and your forces are not. Since there is a safe zone around the Mind Bender where Infernals cannot be summoned, casting this spell can really screw them up.

You suggested having items that give +10 attributes. Why do you feel this is needed? Is the attribute upgrade you get from obelisk enough?

tanks mostly don't use a lot of mana spells.
Not sure if you've tried our tank hero (Mind Bender is not a tank, Guardian is). We made sure that every hero, including our tank, have use of mana.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Well, do Blight Team creeps lose hp on Nature Team's terrain?
And yes I'm sure that it was -1 hp/sec I even clicked the units.

When did I say +10 stats? O.O.

True, but I think tanks should have MORE passives.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Well, do Blight Team creeps lose hp on Nature Team's terrain?
And yes I'm sure that it was -1 hp/sec I even clicked the units.

Yes, Blight creeps and heroes lose HP on Nature's terrain. We'll look into the -1 HP per second. Thanks for the heads up.

When did I say +10 stats? O.O.
Lol. I misread 10 gold armor as +10 armor. That doesn't change my question though. Why do you think having an item that increases stat is more worthwhile than having the stat upgrade?

True, but I think tanks should have MORE passives.
Eh, why? Doesn't that make the hero less interesting to play? (you just sit there and ... sit)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I'll try finding time to replay The Big Game and get a replay for you of the hp decrease.

I say items because like, most tank/dps have REALLY LOW mana so they dont need 6 spells to cast, I had 3 and used them all as mind bender there went all my mana x.x. So the items would be a good boost.

And no, one of the passives could be 50% to increase strength so you would pay attention and wanna actually kill people, and I didn't say 0 mana cost spells, there could be like 4 of them and then rest of them passive.

Xienoph

Reaction score
I'll try finding time to replay The Big Game and get a replay for you of the hp decrease.
Thanks! That will be really helpful.

I say items because like, most tank/dps have REALLY LOW mana so they dont need 6 spells to cast, I had 3 and used them all as mind bender there went all my mana x.x. So the items would be a good boost.
Thing is, all heroes in this game have the same stats. You can customize the stat for each hero depending on the build. So you can't really say that the tank (Guardian) has very low mana. Even if he does, that means that we have to make the skills use less mana.

And no, one of the passives could be 50% to increase strength so you would pay attention and wanna actually kill people, and I didn't say 0 mana cost spells, there could be like 4 of them and then rest of them passive.
The problem with passive is, there is no interesting decision on using them. You use the passive, and you just let the hero just auto attack everything around him. Yes, you can decide which hero / creep to attack. But you also get that decision with all heroes. We want each hero to be unique, and the kind of interesting decisions to make helps to define every hero.

Bottom line: Have you tried Guardian? Try him with an enemy / ally hero.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Change leaderboard of Statistics to Hero Statistics?

Well it wasn't 1 hp a sec it was 10 your right, the hp of units is low and is a #0 amount so it looked like 1 hp a sec.

Ok you have disproven my item point.

You disproved my passive point too.

I think Mind Bender should have Charm instead of Tower Control, so you can control units and towers, the tower control just seems dull, you could call the fusion of Charm and Tower Control: Mind Control, Mind Bender; Mind Control the resemblance and also "Control" as in Tower "Control" and Charm is a "Control" for creeps.

The Guardians Locust Swarm just looks strange, a human unit with an undead swarm of who knows what, should change projectile to a bright orb or something.

Undead level 2 DPS and Range look to be vice-versa because makrura are pincher-type so they should be melee and they pinch HARD so should be DPS and huntress arent really melee but are still DPS so I just think replace level 2 Range.

Nature Forces - Ancient of Steel is strange, exactly same as Ancient of Wind I know that its suppose to but its really unrealistic Wind < Steel, therefore Steel should have more armor?

Warp Circles should teleport to another Warp Circle or atleast close to it so if you just got into a Circle and someone chases you, you can easily trick them.

The Big Game? I say its like The Big Fight, but its still a game so.. Yeah.

Nature Team terrain of bricks or what the red thing is isn't really good, because its more of the Blight Teams terrain which Blight Team has so I say Nature should have dirt, see the resemblance?

There should be like a big Mage Structure at the back of each base that has a spell Anti-Creep Mass and has a cd of 300 and kills all creeps in the region of the base of Nature Team/Blight Team, DOES NOT KILL HEROS or too rigged, and costs 200 mana, the Mage Structure gains 1 mana every 5 seconds?

At the beginning there should be Game Text Display to All Players then all of the hero choices and how they support your team like Guardian - Tank Mind Bender - Spellcaster Assassin - DPS, so people don't have to scroll on the icon to read because my hand is on my mouse a lot and shakes so the description is really coming off and on.

Edit: Oh yeah Blight Team has an advantage at lvl 5 small Tank infernals and DPS hydralisks and when they get the buff Bloodlust from the Mage banshee they blend in with brick terrain.

Also is mid lane suppose to split? I was battling lvl 5 creeps and when they finished my hero and Nature Team's creeps there 2 Tank infernals ran to top lane and 2 ran to down.

Xienoph

Reaction score
Change leaderboard of Statistics to Hero Statistics?
Sure

I think Mind Bender should have Charm instead of Tower Control, so you can control units and towers, the tower control just seems dull, you could call the fusion of Charm and Tower Control: Mind Control, Mind Bender; Mind Control the resemblance and also "Control" as in Tower "Control" and Charm is a "Control" for creeps.
Why did you think that Hijack Tower is dull? Because towers prioritize attacking creeps, you can hijack your own tower to focus fire on enemy heroes. Because of the high damage and low cooldown, towers are better at killing heroes than creeps. Of course, hijacking enemy's tower is also powerful.

Incite Hate is a more powerful form of temporary mind control / charm. It causes creeps around the targeted hero, ally and enemy, to temporarily focus fire on the hero.

Adding Charm will overlap with any of the two skills (+ Mass Hallucinations, which distracts enemy creeps). Also, each of the skills have other interesting uses that Charm doesn't have (You can block enemy heroes with Mass Hallucination, for example, or distract towers)

Warp Circles should teleport to another Warp Circle or atleast close to it so if you just got into a Circle and someone chases you, you can easily trick them.
We're still experimenting with the teleportation target. But I don't think the trickery works. Most of the time when you're being chased, you don't have the time to walk far enough from the chaser after you teleported. So when the chaser teleports after you, he looks around him (by standing on the spot). If he sees you, he chases you. If not, you can't have gone that far, which means that you've gone into the circle.

We'll see what happens with the current setup. The teleport destination was moved so you teleport across a larger distance.

Nature Team terrain of bricks or what the red thing is isn't really good, because its more of the Blight Teams terrain which Blight Team has so I say Nature should have dirt, see the resemblance?
The natural cliff is fiery and more menacing than the human made cliff. So it's more appropriate for the Blight's force.

There should be like a big Mage Structure at the back of each base that has a spell Anti-Creep Mass and has a cd of 300 and kills all creeps in the region of the base of Nature Team/Blight Team, DOES NOT KILL HEROS or too rigged, and costs 200 mana, the Mage Structure gains 1 mana every 5 seconds?
That'll make the game last longer. We're satisfied with the length of the game now. But we'll keep that in mind.

Xienoph

Reaction score
At the beginning there should be Game Text Display to All Players then all of the hero choices and how they support your team like Guardian - Tank Mind Bender - Spellcaster Assassin - DPS, so people don't have to scroll on the icon to read because my hand is on my mouse a lot and shakes so the description is really coming off and on.
The hero play styles are already clear from the name:
- Beast Master uses creeps to attack
- Engineer maintains his tower and uses the tower to attack
- Guardian protects allied heroes and creeps
- Hunter Killer is a hero killer
- Lord of the Swarm controls a swarm of creeps
- Mind Bender causes chaos
- Peregrine is a hit and run hero
- Savior saves heroes and creeps
- Tactician stays back and strategizes
- Visceral charges into enemy while causing a lot of damage to enemies and himself.

Edit: Oh yeah Blight Team has an advantage at lvl 5 small Tank infernals and DPS hydralisks and when they get the buff Bloodlust from the Mage banshee they blend in with brick terrain.
We'll look into that.

Also is mid lane suppose to split? I was battling lvl 5 creeps and when they finished my hero and Nature Team's creeps there 2 Tank infernals ran to top lane and 2 ran to down.
No. Probably you had a controller at the top and bottom half of the map. The pathing makes the creeps go through the middle lane before going to the destination controller.

Whoareyou. said:
Not much more bugs/glitches :/, whens next version gonna be released?
Why do you look so sad XD. It's thanks to people who have been testing the map. We still haven't been able to get a proper game with at least 4 players though. The game hasn't been stable enough to support that. But with the recent stability improvements, we're hoping that this is doable.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Lol sad theres not much more to test atleast for this version, next version might have triggers canceling each other ;P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.