The Cheats of SC2

Ice Bane

Reaction score
In text editor you can see what cheats yet so far is implemented.
Just chose "All Data" as Data Source then select the "Cheat" Data Type.

Then you can see all the cheat functions. Not the actual cheat codes though, only what they do.

You might already have discovered this, but I just wanted to spread the word! :>

Best Regards,
Ice_bane

punwisp

Reaction score
I dont see the point in cheats unless pple put them in maps. Theres no offline play in SC2 like there was in all other blizz RTS/RPG games (WoW Excluded).

So unless its used in the campaign, I see no use for it. Since like I said, theres no offline mode. (Except in testing mode in the editor)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You will be able to play melee matches against a computer in the retail version though?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I dont see the point in cheats unless pple put them in maps. Theres no offline play in SC2 like there was in all other blizz RTS/RPG games (WoW Excluded).

So unless its used in the campaign, I see no use for it. Since like I said, theres no offline mode. (Except in testing mode in the editor)

so the campaign and games against ai arent offline? I suppose you can cheat in online games against ai only... and I dont see a point in why not ;)

Advice D.

Reaction score
I see there's a "No Cooldowns" cheat. I'm struggling to name an ability with a lengthy cooldown :/

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score

Dude who told you that? Only the Battle.net 2.0 portion of the game is online all the time. So basically you can CHOOSE to stay online while playing campaign (to get achievements for your profile and stuff) or you can play as a guest which is pure offline Skirmish and Campaign.

punwisp

Reaction score
Dude who told you that? Only the Battle.net 2.0 portion of the game is online all the time. So basically you can CHOOSE to stay online while playing campaign (to get achievements for your profile and stuff) or you can play as a guest which is pure offline Skirmish and Campaign.

As blizzard has stated, you have to be online to play, including doing skirmishes and the campaigns, its another common complaint about some of the changes. Theres no offline play and then the optional online (Like Wc3), you basically have to have internet to be able to play, the "test map" with the editor I would think is the only exception.

Its I guess to help reduce piracy or some crap, though its not really working, theres already some out there but you can only face the very easy AI. But basically limits the fact you can't simply hand out the game to everyone or have multiple accounts, unless you want to buy a CD key. Once you go online you can do skirmishes and the campaign. The online/offline isn't optional, its either online or you don't play for the most part. Now likely in the future people will make mods or hacks that allow you to play offline. But this is one of the aspects a lot of people are going to hate.

They pretty much mimiced what other companies are doing with some games. This would be including Empire: Total war, you can't simply play offline like you could before, you have to have internet, and to be logged in.

To sum it up, its not like Fallout 3, where if you want to play online to get the achievements you can, or just play offline. Its not really optional.

If you kept up with all the reviews, news, and information pertaining to Sc2, you should know this :p

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
...They have said there is an offline mode, but something about progress not being saved?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
As blizzard has stated, you have to be online to play, including doing skirmishes and the campaigns, its another common complaint about some of the changes. Theres no offline play and then the optional online (Like Wc3), you basically have to have internet to be able to play, the "test map" with the editor I would think is the only exception.

Its I guess to help reduce piracy or some crap, though its not really working, theres already some out there but you can only face the very easy AI. But basically limits the fact you can't simply hand out the game to everyone or have multiple accounts, unless you want to buy a CD key. Once you go online you can do skirmishes and the campaign. The online/offline isn't optional, its either online or you don't play for the most part. Now likely in the future people will make mods or hacks that allow you to play offline. But this is one of the aspects a lot of people are going to hate.

They pretty much mimiced what other companies are doing with some games. This would be including Empire: Total war, you can't simply play offline like you could before, you have to have internet, and to be logged in.

To sum it up, its not like Fallout 3, where if you want to play online to get the achievements you can, or just play offline. Its not really optional.

If you kept up with all the reviews, news, and information pertaining to Sc2, you should know this :p

There is going to be an offline mode as Renendaru stated. Also, I'm guessing that you will be able to use cheats when playing solo against the computer. If this is the case, it wont matter if you're playing against the computer when you're online or offline?

overload119

Reaction score
It works like this.

An internet connection is required to install the game. After that, an Internet connection is no longer required.

You have "sub-accounts" associated with your main account. One of these accounts is "Guest". If you cannot log on to one of your sub-account because you don't have an internet connection, then you can log on to Guest.

A Guest account is an offline-way of playing the campaign, and it DOES save your progress. The only thing that is disabled while on a Guest account is achievements.

punwisp

Reaction score
It works like this.

An internet connection is required to install the game. After that, an Internet connection is no longer required.

You have "sub-accounts" associated with your main account. One of these accounts is "Guest". If you cannot log on to one of your sub-account because you don't have an internet connection, then you can log on to Guest.

A Guest account is an offline-way of playing the campaign, and it DOES save your progress. The only thing that is disabled while on a Guest account is achievements.

Makes sense.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.