the [code] tag window is very narrow

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it possible to get the
Code:
 tag window to span wider across the screen? At the moment it is so narrow that it makes it incredibly frustrating to read someone's code.

Making it variable width would be awesome, because then it's width would be relative to your browser window size.

[CODE]This is a test. Notice that, as I write more and more, this sentence will eventually go out of the bounds of the window, and you will have to scroll further right to read to the end of the sentence.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too. I guess you can always hit enter though.

Code:
Like this

But yeah, if you want to read a code, it is harder.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, I think since WE Triggers keep going, so does the Code. If someone posts a long trigger, it won't break down into paragraph.

Although it would be nice if it didn't stretch the page :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Codes don't stretch the page, there is a scrollbar. o_O

But for non WE related stuff or maybe a changelog or something, it can get annoying.

esb

Reaction score
Well the code stretched my page :( Maybe it's a firefox only thing.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
can you post a screenshot please? I switched over to IE and it didn't change anything for me (I'm using IE7).

The main reason I brought the issue up was because, when people do a "copy as text" on a trigger and then paste it into here, it's only natural that a portion of the code will be out of the code window, and you will have to scroll across to read it all. I find this extremely frustrating.

The workaround I am using for this problem right now is to highlight the whole trigger and then copy and paste it into notepad.

esb

Reaction score
At the bottom right you can see it stretches it a little...
14287837hm5.png

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Codes don't stretch the page, there is a scrollbar. o_O

But for non WE related stuff or maybe a changelog or something, it can get annoying.

Change logs and anything else related should be a quote. Not code.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>At the bottom right you can see it stretches it a little...
hmm, maybe it is becaused of your resolution? I had 1028x1024 and it looks nice to me.

Look, it haven even reach the "quote" button.
sampleei8.jpg

esb

Reaction score
Ahh, it is my resolution :p

Oh well, it's no big deal anyway.

Rad

Reaction score
Well the code box isn't supposed to "word wrap", if you've ever used a text editor designed for programming you probably noticed word wrap isn't enabled by default.

Although I agree, with wider resolutions there is some room for it, and with smaller ones its kind of the opposite.

I suggest giving the CODE div a 10% margin on both sides and a min-width of about 500-600px :)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
I suggest giving the CODE div a 10% margin on both sides and a min-width of about 500-600px :)

Except that IE6 doesn't know about min-width, so ugly CSS hacks would be necessary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.