The Collaborative Map Making Project

N

NEDM

Hi Ho again everybody! This thread is directed especially to the, uh, newer additions to this great community (including me), but naturally does not exclude any veteran or alike . I was thinking...

I was thinking if we could make a map to launch on BNet - wich would surely bring publicity to TheHelper.net! Like, if we didn't (primarily) take the credit for the map, but we'd "donate" it to TheHelper. And even if we don't publish it on BNet, and even if it doesn't get any publicity, we'll be sure to have a blast, and most of all - fine-tune our skills in the delicate arts of
A)collaborating over the internet.
B)being 100% creative and setting our own goals, rules and boundaries.
C)having a laugh - guaranteed. (if not, money back. Assuming you send me cash now ;))
And i am just as aware as you of the, uh, We-shall-overcome, make-love-not-war image of all of this, but you get my picture. Even though new, i know you good enough to state that you won't freak out like pre-pubertal jerks. If i thought there would be any risk of that, i'd be logged of permanently by now. And, naturally, if you think "0mG dis 1d34 suxx !!1!!ONE!!1!!ELEVEN!!1!!" it's fine. If you want to set me up the bomb, it's ok. Or if you want to participate, that's more than allowed. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, friends (like i could). We could be two people working on this project. We could be twenty - that aint the point. It's going to be great even if it's NEDM (explain for ya later, the four letters NEDM form a fraze)! The point is that someone is working togheter with other, like-minded allies in the treasure and creep-filled swamp that is warcraft III. Remember, knowledge is power - let's brainstorm ppl!!1 :D <3 :D

There is currently a poll open in order for us to decide however the evil forces will be computerized or else - read all posts and vote, ESPECIALLY PROJECT MEMBERS! Thank you for the time taken - where would i be without you ;):)?

Link to Poll; http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=228420#post228420

IMPORTANT: The only requirement and therefore the über important one is to read through all the posts, otherwise you won't be able to contribute/participate as good :) Thank you in advance

OBSERVE: you may now add your own projects here in order to have them
A) helped, commented, tested etc
B) "advertised"
C) appreciated
Just post and it's right up! :D

Note - the headline says Potential :)
(POTENTIAL) PARTICIPANTS OF THE COLLABORATIVE MAP MAKING PROJECT:
NEDM (me, of course)
CorvusHaunt
kc102
Illidan
AgentPaper
sonic_kun
Doomhammer
Amfidamant
Begone77
Maddog117
Zero R
SFilip
Mullit

OFFICIAL PROJECTS BY ABOVE MEMBERS
NEDM's
Check out my map, Ramp Wars v.1.3, download link now working :rolleyes: (more details here; http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=224818#post224818)

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR MAP (can be found in the above link as well): http://rapidshare.de/files/20806945/Ramp_Wars_v.1.3.w3x.html

----------

Note that even though it says "ranking" or "positoning" we are all equally important to this project, and these cathegorizations are for simplifying and informal purpose only.

PROGRESS AND MEMBER "RANKING" OR "POSITIONING" OF THE ELABORATIVE MAP MAKING PROJECT - ARE WE GETTING SOMEWHERE TODAY?
--------------------
Name: NEDM
Role: Terrainer; Ashenvale (founder?)
Files Contributed;
City Defense v.1.0 (Outdated and outruled, will not be used)
Rouge Defense v.1.0 (Not really involved with the project, useless)
--------------------
Name: Amfidamant
Role: Terrainer; Sunken Ruins
Files Contributed;
None yet
--------------------
Name: Doomhammer
Roles;
1. scripter
2. unit balancer
(and make the evil very evil-er)
Files Contributed;
None yet
--------------------
Name: Mullit
Role; Terrainer, Northrend/Icecrown
Files Contributed;
None yet
--------------------

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You should first decide a genre with a vote, once you get supporters of course.

Also maybe this belongs in the Projects thread?(I don't mind, more people will see it here, but at the same time its easier to get lost in the abyss of non-bumped topics)

N

NEDM

MrApples said:
You should first decide a genre with a vote, once you get supporters of course.

Also maybe this belongs in the Projects thread?(I don't mind, more people will see it here, but at the same time its easier to get lost in the abyss of non-bumped topics)

But can i make a vote now that the thread has been made already? Perhaps it would, but not really, in another way. I'd say it fits right in here, as for example the Map Screenshot Competition that sqirrel/chainsaw-dude did. It was cool btw :p. Just purely hypothetically - no need to answer; Do you think this could work? i mean, i'm more than positive but, you know..."The beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say my opinion on if it could work or not.

A mod could change it into a poll im sure. Otherwise you could make another thread for it once you get more supporters.

N

NEDM

MrApples said:
I'm not going to say my opinion on if it could work or not.

A mod could change it into a poll im sure. Otherwise you could make another thread for it once you get more supporters.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it :eek: . I was thinking about that as well. Hopefully a mod or such spots this thread sooner or later :rolleyes: ...

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Haha, all your posts are so positive and happy. That's cool though. Hey, Ican't do anything big right now because of a project I have now, but I could contribute if you get this thing going. Sounds like a cool idea. Not many people have really thanked TheHelper for all the...help it has given them. Making a neat map kind of dedicated to it seems like a sufficient token of gratitude.
:D :D :D

+rep for the awsome attitude!

N

NEDM

corvusHaunt said:
Haha, all your posts are so positive and happy. That's cool though. Hey, Ican't do anything big right now because of a project I have now, but I could contribute if you get this thing going. Sounds like a cool idea. Not many people have really thanked TheHelper for all the...help it has given them. Making a neat map kind of dedicated to it seems like a sufficient token of gratitude.
:D :D :D

+rep for the awsome attitude!

Thanks, buddy - my thought exactly about giving and taking concerning the help from this community. The helper and it's members, accept this attempt of collaboration and success as a token of my gratitude for your presence, understanding and creativity. If you were a person, i'd be sitting outside your house with my binoculars right now (?) ;):D

...And hey, look at the kitty. Can you find anything but hope in those eyes? With the exception of, you know, catnip... :rolleyes:

N

NEDM

corvusHaunt said:
That cat looks like it's been doing some catnip...
You know, a little...out there...

Yeah, dude. That cat is out there, man. In the ether...But let's not get too much off-topic. The cat is wünderbar, let's leave him alone and preferrably isolated from sharp objects.

...never mind :shades: :p

N

NEDM

Q: How do i sign up for this?

Well, it's simple :) . Just post about your common intrest in advancing yourself socially and on a mapping/gaming level and i'll sign you right up! The ones listed will appear on the first post! Also, while advertising like a malignant software, check this : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=224818#post224818
It's worth the time allright - newest versions of the map in the last (newest) posts More info to come!
Sincerily, NEDM

Oh, and about this double posting thing - BUMP! ;)

I might join in, but I am also working on a map at the moment. If we could get it to work out then I'd be happy. (This sounds like a good idea) :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'll see if I can spare some time for this map.
I'm pretty up there when it comes to triggers.
Also good with units and such.

N

NEDM

101112131415 said:
I might join in, but I am also working on a map at the moment. If we could get it to work out then I'd be happy. (This sounds like a good idea) :p

Good to see that my thought is appreciated! :) I'm thrilled to see your own work, perhaps you could post it here later? i accutually think i'll post my first official mapping project, Ramp Wars, in the first post. I'll add anyone elses project there too, just post and i'll get to work! ;):D

N

NEDM

kc102 said:
I'll see if I can spare some time for this map.
I'm pretty up there when it comes to triggers.
Also good with units and such.

Hey pal, nice to see you like it! :) I added you to the list btw ;). I don't find any reason at all to doubt your skill with triggers, friend. Can't wait to see "the goods" ;)

EDIT: BUMP on double post :S:p

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
While I can't really help to actually make the map that much (limited internet), I'm always up for giving ideas and helping out with any problems you have. At the least, I can be a veteran mapper and share wnything I have in terms of experience.

N

NEDM

lllidan said:
Like 101112131415, if this works out I'll join too.

Great to hear! :D You may consider yourself applied to the list! I have a hunch that this will truly become a work of art ;) or w/e :D:D:D It's real great to see that so many ppl have applied already and are seriously intrested in the capacity of the group of individuals that form this project! It brings me as much warmth as sitting by the fireplace, having a cup of hot coffe and spontaneously combust :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

N

NEDM

AgentPaper said:
While I can't really help to actually make the map that much (limited internet), I'm always up for giving ideas and helping out with any problems you have. At the least, I can be a veteran mapper and share wnything I have in terms of experience.

Great to hear! Man, this is gonna be fun - i can't even describe the complexity of all our ideas put toghether with this limited vocabulary! :D:D:D this - is - going - to - ROCK! :) !!!!

EDIT: Bump there, :S:p :shades:

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY GOING TO BED, I <3 YOU ALL IN A NON-HOMO-EROTICAL WAY AND HOPE THAT OUR COLLABORATION WILL RESULT IN LAUGHTER, GOOD MEMORIES AND SELF-DEVELOPMENT!!! Peace, over and out!
Yours truly
NEDM :) :) :)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
You ever get the feeling he's on something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.