The Collaborative Map Making Project

Reaction score
As I said, im free terrainer looking for a job. Im best at Ashenvale / Sunken ruins, but good at other enviorment too.

I might also became bit sceptical, but thats because of the slwo moving project. Im just used to Start everything soon. Real soon ^^

lllidan

Reaction score
dude i knwo same here. but this is on the side, working on other project too. If this shit doesnt start soon i think im out. part of the problem is that the idea is unclear and everyone is just saying random shit. another problem is NO ONES DOING SHIT

Im gonna start on the terrain anyway, if we dont end up using it, ill use for another map. shit the only real active ppl in this r u me and NEDM

EDIT
ya ill give this project like 3 days. if it doesnt start ill go solo with my ideas, NEDM and amifidament ur welcome to join.

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a few words of might, and some polls following.

We've quite a few things to sort out, among other things good-evil forces. So where's the top-cat?

lllidan

Reaction score
exactly what i mean. we spent like 4 days discussing forces b/c of conflicting ideas, yet we STILL havent made a decision.

N

NEDM

Doomhammer said:
I'm waiting for a few words of might, and some polls following.

We've quite a few things to sort out, among other things good-evil forces. So where's the top-cat?

I'm right here, and i see your point of view to thu fullest! :D but i also see Illidans point of view - the progress should perhaps by now also be viewable/playable, atleast to some extent. So, to put out your thirst of creation, i've "decided" that it's time to start making a public before-the-before-before-pre-beta of the map, starting out with basic terraining! We will, in this version, follow Illidans "blueprint" (the picture added, thanks for it :)) so everyone know what to do! I'll start right now, actually! And Amfidamant, can you take care of the Sunken Ruins?

lllidan said:
dude i knwo same here. but this is on the side, working on other project too. If this shit doesnt start soon i think im out. part of the problem is that the idea is unclear and everyone is just saying random shit. another problem is NO ONES DOING SHIT

Im gonna start on the terrain anyway, if we dont end up using it, ill use for another map. shit the only real active ppl in this r u me and NEDM

EDIT
ya ill give this project like 3 days. if it doesnt start ill go solo with my ideas, NEDM and amifidament ur welcome to join.

Don't worry, Illidan - we'll start right now! And Amfidamant, the same goes for you! Hang in there, guys - we're on the brink of beginning :)! The terrain you want to map is the one you will map. I personally want to map ashenvale, i think. I'll start making a rough draft of the map right now! And naturally you understand that a coordinated project like this takes time, especially in the beginning. You can't start building a house without a foundation. :)

It's time to kick *ss and chew bubblegum, and i'm all out of gum! :D :shades:

lllidan

Reaction score
great thats more like it.

-ill start on Kalimdor and the Maelstrom (using sunken ruins terrain)
-NEDM can start doing ashenvale
-Amfidament can help me w/ islands and u with ashenvale.

Remember to make it according to the thumbnail! :)

Mullit

Reaction score
if this is all going to be one map, why are different people terraining different parts on different maps? btw ive looked at the map thumbnail and it looks good. im good at terraining if you need anyone else. my best tilesets are northrend/icecrown and ashenvale so if you need anything done with those just say.
you can check out some of my stuf in the tyerrain and terrain contest threads if you like

>
that doesnt rlly explain much. its all about how u think ur a cat and wont do ur math. lay off them rocks.

im not doing my math work either and ive got an A-level exam on it tomorrow

Mullit

Reaction score
just so you know i wont be able to do any major map work until wednesday cuz ive got exams tomorrow and tuesday

N

NEDM

Mullit said:
if this is all going to be one map, why are different people terraining different parts on different maps? btw ive looked at the map thumbnail and it looks good. im good at terraining if you need anyone else. my best tilesets are northrend/icecrown and ashenvale so if you need anything done with those just say.
you can check out some of my stuf in the tyerrain and terrain contest threads if you like

>

im not doing my math work either and ive got an A-level exam on it tomorrow

My friend, we are not making different maps - we're working on one map, togheter! What's going on with the "you terrain this", "you terrain that" thing is that we all participate on this map, and different ppl map different parts of the map - that is if anything a positive thing :)! Yeah, the thumbnail is real good, i fell in love with the islands right away ;) You bet we need someone else! Welcome aboard, Mullit! :) Yes, we will need you on northrend/icecrown - we are passing one map draft around currently and i've started by mapping the ashenvale part :) Actually, i've already seen it, and it looks friggin awesome!!! Your part of this will be very fun to watch, i'm sure of it! Actually, i'm studying variables at the moment. More on that later, let's try and stick to topic ;):D

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
so once you terrainers will have made a nice beginning, we should make up our minds about units. Which types of heroes will there be, which types of units for the goodies, which types of towers, etc.

I've got a very busy week ahead, so I hope you won't mind me snooping in from time to time without much contribution. I'm excited to see how things are developping. Have fun guys! The week after I'll be back and ready for action :D

N

NEDM

Doomhammer said:
so once you terrainers will have made a nice beginning, we should make up our minds about units. Which types of heroes will there be, which types of units for the goodies, which types of towers, etc.

I've got a very busy week ahead, so I hope you won't mind me snooping in from time to time without much contribution. I'm excited to see how things are developping. Have fun guys!

Precisely, i earlier wondered about however we should use units already included in warcraft III (the default ones, unedited), or make custom ones - i personally prefer custom made units :) So have i, but i'll be active none the less! So am i :) oh you bet we'll have fun ;) :rolleyes:

Mullit said:
wtf dis this supposed to mean? how are you gonna watch me?

Haha :) i won't watch you! I said, Your part of this is going to be fun to watch, meaning that I really liked your contribution to the terraining contest, and i am exited to see what your part of the terrain will look like :)

M

Maddog117

Doomhammer said:
so once you terrainers will have made a nice beginning, we should make up our minds about units. Which types of heroes will there be, which types of units for the goodies, which types of towers, etc.:D
for units i think you should start out as a footman and some how make the footman grow in levels until a certain level where it gets to choose what type of
class it wants to be ex. builder, knight, general ect.

and by the way i am curently tring to learn how to skin i made a custom sorceress but my We wont add it. can anyone help me on that

Mullit

Reaction score
i think it would be better that you start out as a peasant and very early in the game you choose footman/archer/medic or something like that then later you hero upgrade options are different depending on what you chose at the beginning.

M

Maddog117

i was thinking peasent to i didnt know if the rest of the crew would like that idea tho i think in the beggining it would be pesent and after you leveled up all the way the end would be something like general: make armys to defeat the evils lord: improve city to get better population for the generals to make armys.

lllidan

Reaction score

Great! You can help with the terrain of your choice. I guess what we could do is if were all gonna start at once, they can make their continent layout leaving the other part ocean (we all know to use an epic full size map right?) and ill do the same. once done we can have them add their idea to the "official map". You cant import or copy terrain can you? If not we can just re-terrain it to the "official map". Shouldnt be too hard just terrain to add from looking at a screeny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.