Campaign The Corruption of Felwood

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
This is a single player mission I made where you control Tichondrius as he goes about conquering the region soon to be known as Felwood. Corrupt the forest and slay all in your path as you lead the Burning Legion to victory!

The map takes around 60-90 minutes to complete, and you can grab it here. If you have any constructive comments or feedback I'd love to hear them.

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
Screenshots won't really convey the gameplay, it takes place in Ashenvale forest (soon to be known as Felwood).

It plays very much like a longer Blizzard mission. You have your main objective that involves killing creeps and enemy bases, with several twists to make it fun and interesting.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Aaro, most people won't play your map if you don't elaborate on your map. Even if screenshots don't convey the gameplay (they never do btw) they still make this thread nicer to read and look at.

Look at a couple other threads over here and see what people do. Presentation is really important when it comes to convincing other people that your map is worth their time. :)

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
BiweeklyAaro:

I like the concept. It has potential. I reckon you could have made a series of missions involving Tichondrius rather than just one, but that's completely up to you because you're making it.

Now, I have a few bad things to say. Don't think I want to be an ass by saying this to you, I'm just telling you where I think you went wrong.

The terrain is shocking. It just lacks any sort of detail and has pretty much no interesting features. It seems very empty - literally! There are areas where there's just nothing. There are also areas where the stuff you've placed is just ridiculous.

The Quests aren't great either. The only quests I agree with are the first main one where you have to find the gold mine; and the optional one relating to corrupting the trees, which in itself isn't great.

For the terrain, I suggest you look at some tutorials, and also look at maps like Gias ORPG to see how these people do the terrain. For the quests, you got to think about what's happening throughout the Warcraft 3 Campaign. For example, it doesn't make sense for the player to be killing a forest lord because they do that in the official campaign (killing Cenarius). It also doesn't make sense for players to be buying "Inferno Dust" in a "Back-of-the-Forest Market".

So what I'm trying to get at here is that the principle idea of you playing as Tichondrius and the Undead to corrupt the forest is great, and I applaud it. But you've kind of let us down with the poor terraining, poor quests and so on.

Again, I don't want to seem like an ass, but that's just my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.