The Creed

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Nile's back! Its been a long time since I've logged on to the forum and a lot longer since I've posted. So to welcome me back you should all just destroy my very atrophied skills at making a signature.

TheCreed.png

Keep in mind that I came in second in the last tournament and that its been about that long since I've made a signature. So base your criticism on that. :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Awesome, :) I like all the splatters.
Should be Assassin's with an apostrophe I believe, but ah well, that would probably ruin the text.
Very much like the style of the Animus in the game, with the white background and whatnot. I feel like something is missing, but I am not sure what. I don't know, it could be because my eyes are about to fall asleep so I can't see clear ha, but great job!

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks Vine. I guess I can see that the graphics zone has died down a bit.

I wasn't expecting such a good comment from anyone, thanks.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> a bit
A lot actually. Most of the active ones are now moving on with their lives. Or busy...
Can't comment much on this though. Rather inexperienced in this genre.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Pretty cool sig, man. Only problem I see with it is the blood - the splatters are all cool and well placed, but the single shade of red makes it look painted on. If you could darken it up around the bottom edges or something of that nature, I really think it'd give it a better feel.

Regardless, though, it's nice work. Keep it up.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe I'll be more active next semester of the year because I have some design class that half or something. Maybe.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
the whole forum have been less active, i used to be a cool kid round here :)

now on the sig, the red seems out of place. I see what you're trying to do but the red needs more blending, it stands out but not in a good way, its too sharp and unrelated to the rest of the sig. the splatter part is pretty good except once again it seems to be on its own, not really with the whole thing, its like you have EZIO AUDITORE WOOOH (finished revelation, no more ezio from now on :() and you have the splatter, two different entities.

so yeahh gj tho :D

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I really like what you've done with it. The red signifying blood, the grey / red contrast drawing attention to it. The splatter effect is really well done too. It's definitely within the theme of Assassin's Creed. The main things I feel could improve though:

* The text. I'm not sure what exactly needs to be done, but I read Assassin's Cheed the first time, and thankfully I know better.
* A secondary, complementary colour might have added a bit more value / something interesting to the signature.

I myself might be a bit more active in a bit. I have a graphics design II course next semester.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I like it, but I think there's something off about the splatters. I'm not sure if it seems a bit... plain, or if it's the color, or if it's the arrangement or if it's just me. It feels there just needs a small addition and it'll look great.
I think it might be the contrast in the level of detail from the render to the splatter that is on top of it. Not sure though. Other than that, it's a great return to the graphical section of TH.net xD

Welcome back! I missed you and your signatures!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.