AoS The Cross v1.1

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Hi again :D

I've just spent half a month revising The Cross, and it has now reached a level far beyond that of the original version.

The Cross offers a 'different' fighting experience: 4 teams of 3, 1 PC player and 2 Player Heroes fight for dominance. It's called The Cross because it's shaped like a cross: X, with one base in each 'corner'. In front of the bases are two tower emplacements, where players can purchase towers to fortify their base, but the PC player eventually builds towers if no-one else does.
The units are taken from the entire set of Warcraft units, ranging from the Archer to the Frost Wyrm, and several additions. The range on ranged units has been increased to offer them a better chance (but not on heroes). Heroes have a max level of 20, and often have 4 abilities + the attribute bonus. When you destroy a teams base, the heroes of that team are offered the chance to join another surviving team.

Basically once you select your hero, you enter a non-stop constant battle, kill units or support allies to gain gold, kill enemy heroes for large gold bonuses!

Here's the changelog, but it's not yet complete, and I'll elaborate further down:
The Cross v1.1 changelog

-Completely revised revive triggers
-Replaced randomly generated items with different shops
-Added 20+ custom items
-Changed hero list
-Original heroes replaced: 2 heroes per faction, 4 neutral heroes
-Hero replacements: Replaced Archmage with Blood mage
Replaced Far Seer with Shadow Hunter
Replaced Keeper of the Grove with Warden
Replaced Death Knight with Crypt Lord
Replaced Paladin with Alchemist
Replaced Tauren Chieftan with Tinker
Replaced Priestess of the Moon with Fire Lord
Replaced Dreadlord with Beastmaster
-Balance Changes: Reduced Warden (NE unit) HP & Armour
-Several custom heroes replaced
Replaced Ghost Queen with King of the Deep
Replaced Death Bringer with Scorpion King
Replaced Wolf Lord with Goblin Assault Tank
-Added health & mana replenishment aura to Town Halls
-Fixed numerous tooltips
-Balanced out Numerous Hero abilities

Here's a more detailed explanation:
  • I've completely redone the revive triggers, which now work 99% perfect (some small unexplicaple hiccups late game)
  • I've removed those useless/overpowered heroes, tuned down some of the lesser overpowered heroes
  • Replaced some original heroes with more appropriate ones, created over 20 custom items
  • Replaced the random item generation system with 8 shops filled with thematic item selections.
  • Redone the bounty system; heroes now give bounty depending on their level, heroes will receive bounty on kills made by allies depending on how far they are from the killed unit, raised the bounty significantly from all units.
  • Still follows the theme of original Warcraft i.e. tooltips are still very general
  • Redone the random selection system
  • AI now retreats when health falls to low
  • AI will buy powerful items when set to "Insane" difficulty
  • New shop devoted entirely to custom, super-powered super-expensive game-winning items
  • Introduced technique to eliminate/significantly reduce startup lag (However, loading time is increased as a result)

I've also posted a link to the original version, in the hope that people will download it, evaluate it, and give feedback.

The actual v1.1 will only be upload when final modifications have been made and enough feedback has been given. Also, due to my lack of high-speed internet, I ask that someone host a beta test and upload the replay for me to watch.

Here's screenshot of the action:
No2.jpg

Click here to view the download page for The Cross v1.0

Here's the actual map, The Cross v1.1

Justice-BR

Reaction score
public service here

1. (some small unexplicaple hiccups late game) = leaks somewhere

2. Need ingame screenshots and a briefing to explaint what "the cross" has to offer. Something that make anyone play it, instead of any other of the HUNDREDS generical AoS (a.k.a DotA ripoffs with a spin).

3. Get used to hosting. C'mon you should be the first one to spread over Bnet.

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
Here's the issue with the screenies
But I'll get some uploaded ASAP.

Justice-BR said:
1. (some small unexplicaple hiccups late game) = leaks somewhere
I sorta figured that, but thanks anyway, I now have enough reason to iron that out :)

Justic-BR said:
2. Need ingame screenshots and a briefing to explaint what "the cross" has to offer. Something that make anyone play it, instead of any other of the HUNDREDS generical AoS (a.k.a DotA ripoffs with a spin).
The Cross offers a 'different' fighting experience: 4 teams of 3, 1 PC player and 2 Player Heroes fight for dominance. It's called The Cross because it's shaped like a cross: X, with one base in each 'corner'. In front of the bases are two tower emplacements, where players can purchase towers to fortify their base, but the PC player eventually builds towers if no-one else does.
The units are taken from the entire set of Warcraft units, ranging from the Archer to the Frost Wyrm, and several additions. The range on ranged units has been increased to offer them a better chance (but not on heroes). Heroes have a max level of 20, and often have 4 abilities + the attribute bonus. When you destroy a teams base, the heroes of that team are offered the chance to join another surviving team.

Basically once you select your hero, you enter a non-stop constant battle, kill units or support allies to gain gold, kill enemy heroes for large gold bonuses!

It's always come to confusion when titling this map: It's a cross between an AoS, Footie wars and defense.

Justic-BR said:
3. Get used to hosting. C'mon you should be the first one to spread over Bnet.
Firstly, I don't have a fast/strong enough internet to support hosting, secondly, I'm in South Africa. You realise how far data has to go and back again if I play in Azeroth, Kalimdor, Northrend, or any other 1st-world gateway? (I forget the 4th.) So no hosting from me :p

EDIT: Original post updated with description

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
I'm ready to release this at the latest tomorrow evening.

Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated.

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
Done! The map has been submitted, just follow the link to the download page.

If there are any moderators reading this post, could they PLEASE do me the favour of deleting the previous posts made by myself?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.