General The cyberpunk future looks upsettingly meaty

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I was having a fairly good day as far as Mondays go. I had a decent sleep, the weather's milder than some of the days we've been having, and I even had a sneaky café coffee and muffin to get me going. I was ready to take on the day, until my friend sent me a video of a fleshy, Cronenberg-esque ensemble of walking chicken giblets, which I now feel compelled to share with you. You're welcome.

The video came from the Bodification exhibit at MOD Museum (opens in new tab) in South Australia which features a mix of real and speculative futures for the human body. It looks at the idea of health, Dues Ex-style augmentations (opens in new tab), the Biomutant-like mixing of human and animal DNA, and heaps more.

It's an exploration of science fiction and science fact. Part of the point of the exhibition is to present different solutions to the problem of owning a flesh prison, real and otherwise, and have the viewer question what's possible. Both artists and researchers at the University of South Australia worked to give us this wild and occasionally disturbing look into our potential cyberpunk futures.

In the case of my morning-disturbing meat monster, we're thankfully looking at an artist's creation. This piece by Floris Kaayk (opens in new tab) is an intense work that spans multiple videos. It's science fiction pieced together with mockumentary-style footage showing the creation, or birth if you prefer, of OSCAR, the meat thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.