WIP The Dark Battles

sidove

Reaction score
Hi everybody on the TH after I'm going to start with a new campain. The story of the campain is here:

12 years have past of the great battles of earth, the times where no one was respected, everything was killed and no one was spared, these are the times that the people will always be scared of to come back.

Now the king of Triadeon have discovered that some of their best spies and men have been slaughtered, they have seen that a war is coming, a war that they cannot fight, a war they will loose...

They were right after 2 months the Wargalrs attacked, no one was able to help the city of Tradeon, no body ever came, no body wanted to come...

As their last hope they send the city's of the land Kidadom a massage to be peppered and gather armor and weapons before it's too late. Now your the worlds last hope so now go out there and fight!

Siridon Missions
Cinematic
The people of Sirodon walk the streets like if it was a normal day, but not for long enough cause the last spy of Triadeon enters the kingdom on his almighty horse.
- Hail! I'm the last spy of Triadeon and i bring an important massage to the king! says he to the guards
The guards look at man with skeptic eyes and say:
- Yes sure, and I'm the king of OZ.
The captain exits the gate of the city and says to his guards:*
- Fools what are you doing don't you understand that this is important?!
The captain starts walking back to where he came from and spy follows him.

He enter his room and asks what the spy wants and the spy tells the story about the city of Triadeon.
He also says that the Wargarls are attacking in 2 months so he must be peppered and act fast.

Mission 1 - The first hope
Build 3 barracks and 4 squads and then proceed to the extraction point for further information from you captain...

To bee continued....

So that was a little information about story so here is a little about the gameplay:
Gameplay
This is not a regular map with a spam and spawn system, here their are squad systems here is explanation for the squad system:
A squad is a bunch of units who follow their leader. Anything the leader does, their companions will do as well. The leader can stop leading his troops or recruit/dismiss new/old units, the leader can choose from different kind of formations: circle, line etc.

If the leader dies then the unit that have killed the most units in the squad will get promoted to the leader. The group that have the most kills will maybe get +dmg, more hp reg, mana reg and so on.

These are the ranks a unit can achieve:
Battle Roar Buff = 2 kills = Slayer

Blue mana sphere: 5 kills = Lieutenant

Green mana thing = 7 kills = Major

Berserker Buff = 9 kills = Srg

Crown over head buff = 11 kills (this is the rank before captain) = Second leader of the squad (dunno the name of that rank :p).

Flag on it's back = Captain :)

New!Units
Demius the Captain
Hero
DescriptionA support hero that can heal and deal medium damage.

God's Hand
Every X second will god either heal a nearby allied unit or stun a nearby enemy unit.
Holy Ceremony
Channels a holy ceremony, healing all allied forces for X seconds and dealing X damage to every nearby enemy.
Punish
God punishes a enemy for it sins making it take X damage over time and light up the place where the enemy is standing dealing X damage in a AOE.
Holy Blessing
Revives X nearby allies. If a revived allied is killed it will spawn a holy nova at it's location.

Shieldsman
Unit
Description This is a slow unit with medium attack damage and low health. This unit have medium gold cost and is good for building an army.
Max capacity in a group 10

Draw Shield[requires upgrade]
Arms the shieldsman with it's shield making it block the next 2 physic attacks.
Shield Bash
Bashes an enemy unit with your shield making it knock backed for a small amount.

Archer
Unit
Description A ranged unit that have a average gold cost. The unit is good for ambushes and long ranged combat.

Flaming Arrows[Requires Upgrade]
Makes all the archers attacks flaming. Dealing flame damage to enemy's that deal damage over time.

New!Leader Commands
Command
Starts/stops commanding you squad.
Dismiss
Dismisses a unit from you group making room for a new one.
Recruit
Recruits a new unit into the squad.
Formations:
Circle
Line
Spike Shield (only for pikemen)
Creates a shield of pikes, making anybody that touches a pike take damage.

Special Commands [for Archers/others]
Arrow Rains
Arrow Storm
Shots a spreading arrow rain on the target location.
Tactical [requires Upgrade]
Shots first a Arrow Storm dealing damage to the enemy. Then after the archers shot another arrow rain that cuts through enemy shields making the shields unable to use for 3 seconds (excluding cooldown).
Wide Line
The archers shot a wide line of arrow to deal damage in different locations (useful if a enemy squad is in line formation).
Tactical Wide Line[requires super upgrade]
Shots a "Wide Line" at the enemy's and making them crippled for 2 seconds (unable to move). Then fires another arrow rain hat cuts through shield and barriers, making the shield unable until the unit dies.

So what i need is someone that can make good cinematics, terrian and any other help you offer.

+rep and credits ofc.

Please leave comments and feedback on the idea/map. Every idea is welcome :)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
>So what i need is someone that can make good cinematics, terrian and any other help you offer.
What will you do?

sidove

Reaction score
I will do the rest as units, systems and all the other stuff :) Anyone interested?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well cinematics and terrain isn't really the main part of the map, so it's not really "credit taking". :rolleyes:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nothing, just know that I was supporting you, :)

What do you need to do to be captain? It seems like you don't need to kill a lot to rank up.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

sidove

Reaction score
Nothing, just know that I was supporting you, :)

What do you need to do to be captain? It seems like you don't need to kill a lot to rank up.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ehh you need to be the one that have killed the most units in the group :)

And I could use some support on the terrian cause am thinking of releasing a trailer soon :)

And what do ya think of this unit:

Smoker
This is the Wargral assassin, he is based on casting smoke on enemy locations so he can go unseen and assassinate them. If you have a couple of these it would be pretty deadly and would be the best choice for amushing archers.

I have some ability ideas for him here are they:

Smoke Attack [required Upgrade]
Whenever the Smoker is ordered to attack an enemy then he automatically casts a smoke grenade at the location making him invisible in it.
Feral Sense
The Smoker enters his Feral Sense making him able to see invisible units, hidden unit (behind bushes, all units will get highlighted) and he will gain the ability to climb on specific walls.

sidove

Reaction score
Hmm i have a trailer for the campaign on my mind i thought like this:

First you see from 1st person view from a Wargral footmans eyes. Then suddenly a rain of arrows rains down from heaven on them.

Then you can see in slowmotion how the footman's die and they shout:
- RAIN OF ARROWS!!

When the group of wargrals are dead the archer shout in victory, when somebody throws a smoke bomb at their postion and they shout:

- SMOKERS! RUN FOR YOU LIFE!

Then the view changes in to a smokers eyes (the view of a smoker is like a normal persons view but with red lines on the sides, so it looks you're looking through a beasts eyes, which he pretty much is) and then the smoker takes his hand up in the air to kill the archer and then it fades out with a big text that show:

The Dark Battles

Coming Sooner then you expect.

So what do ya think?

Is it good or bad please leave feedback :)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.