The Decline of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
I don't know about other servers out there, but on US East, Battle.Net games now consist of Legion TD bot hosted games, DotA bot hosted games, or bot hosted spam by Clan Kiwi (ex: Meet Obama @ Clan Kiwi! or F*ck Hot Women @ Clan Kiwi!)

Every once in a while you'll see a TD or a maul that an actual person is hosting. Seems like no one is really making new maps, or bothering to update older, popular ones (aside from DotA).

Makes me sad :thdown:

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Clan Kiwi annoys me.

Try looking for Glory of the Horde games. Its not a half-bad map. Has a hostbot or two for it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I remember, Northrend isn't too bad at all.
You may want to consider playing there.

Though there may be problems related to delay and lag. :(
It's unfortunate that Battle.net has been 'polluted' like this.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
I don't know about other servers out there, but on US East, Battle.Net games now consist of Legion TD bot hosted games, DotA bot hosted games, or bot hosted spam by Clan Kiwi (ex: Meet Obama @ Clan Kiwi! or F*ck Hot Women @ Clan Kiwi!)

Every once in a while you'll see a TD or a maul that an actual person is hosting. Seems like no one is really making new maps, or bothering to update older, popular ones (aside from DotA).

Makes me sad :thdown:
Not to mention virus maps and other stupid sh*t.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Theres a DotA game being hosted by "Generalissimo". Its a host bot on a computer that can't host and its been running solid for like a month.

Every time I click on it I get more and more frustrated.

azareus

And you know it.
Blizzard should pretty much just ask all users if they're humans, and then ban everyone not answering.
Or find a way to ban bots...

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Bots are cool. Shame about people saying the equivalent of "DEY TUK AR JAWBS".

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
need to find a way to filter out bots from game list (ip blacklist?)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Need to find a way for people to be able to forcestart bots that aren't admins. Its so annoying being 1 person away from the game starting for 20 minutes and not able to start

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
With SC2 on the horizon, Blizzard is not going to focus much on WC3 ever again, I'm afraid. However, WC3 may benefit somewhat from the new battlenet being rolled out. All we can hope for, I think.

nabbig2

With SC2 on the horizon, Blizzard is not going to focus much on WC3 ever again, I'm afraid. However, WC3 may benefit somewhat from the new battlenet being rolled out. All we can hope for, I think.
Yeah, it's unfortunate.

But seriously, especially at night 97% of the games are freaking bot hosted games, dozens of them. I'm almost positive blizzard is encouraging them, considering how easily the could go to see battlenet and see all the bots. So much for their "no third party program" policy.

Dota is dying, and as a result, tons of players are leaving.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Theres a DotA game being hosted by "Generalissimo". Its a host bot on a computer that can't host and its been running solid for like a month.

Every time I click on it I get more and more frustrated.
Ugh. If I try and join a game and everything goes greyish, I just Alt+F4 right away. Sometimes you sit there forever waiting for it to tell you that you can't join. I hate that so much

You know, since the latest patch, Delay Reducer stopped working.

I now host via a bot, but I only use the bot when i'm in the game as well : \.

I think bots used properly are ok. If you are making a bot host games, should let everyone have admin control so they can start whenever : |.

Some clans also use bots so people can host whatever map : ).

So, yea, I'm a bot user now ever since DR stopped working because the bot has DR on it ^_^, and I'm only using it so I'm a better host for people joining the map, which is what any good host would do : ).

Plus the bot doesn't spam on auto refresh, which is nice ^_^.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Seems like WC3 has been declining most severely ever since SCII was announced, even though it is a ways away.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
you can switch to Garena.. there are no bots there.

This is what my friends and I did. It's better than Battle.net, but not a lot better, just better. Don't expect a huge amount of improvement if you switch but it's better than b.net

moonrose

i started playing on b.net again. my favorite custom maps, are vampirism, wintermaul, footmen frenzy, zombie invasion, and enfos. seems like when ever i host a game no one wants to stay cause i dont have a bot hosting or im not using an autorefresh. it pretty lame. but ive been conforming to the bot hosted maps of different versions of these games that i like to play. but it has just gone down hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I have a GIF though
    In the GIF, I've configured it so the lower the "Main Value" is, the better. I had to compress it pretty far down though.
    And this is the thread with the video that shows the wall clip. https://tasvideos.org/Forum/Topics/23453
    +2
    Hmm, about the Headline News, I noticed threads are being moved into the subforum (Health News, Environmental News, etc.). When that happens, the TH Forum Home page loses the articles, and instead would show old articles posted 1 or 2 weeks ago.
    What do we do with the Home page?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I added those forums to the filter for that widget.
    Oh nice. They're back. Thanks.
    Now I think it makes more sense for me to put news in their own subforums, without worry.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Awesome Ghan thanks! I was purposely not moving the first 15 news articles in Headline news to the different subforums but I guess I don't have to do that now?
    Question: Is there a way to remove thread redirects? It creates a copy of the moved thread and takes up space, and I am leaning towards wanting to remove them in the Headline News. But if they have an expiration date, I guess I'm fine with it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you move a thread please leave a permanent redirect. You can delete any redirects after 6 months. The redirects are left to help Search Engines find the moved content.
    What if you move the permanent redirect, not the thread?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think that works but I have not messed with it. You can delete redirects though if you have to that will not delete the original thread
  • The Helper The Helper:
    if a redirect ends up in the same forum as the post it goes to though I think the redirect drops or fails or something but they are not bugged out and when you are working on an indirect the original post is safe.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Early Friday :)
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday :)
    Fun Friday for me
    Happy Fun Friday to all.
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Sunday everyone!!!
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Sunday!!!
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    Happy monday :p
  • jonas jonas:
    Everyone hates mondays?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday!
  • jonas jonas:
    Happy belated tuesday

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.