The Decline of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
well. its been a while. and ive seen decent clans using hostbots to host real games. Enfos.. etc. And enfos actually fills up fast.

I would love to host. But my internet is fail.

Now my internet is no longer fail. but my hard drive failed so i cant play BNET:banghead:

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
If you use Vista try rightclicking and choose "Run as Administrator"
That wroks for me.

Kurogamon

Reaction score
DotA is dying, but the issue is that smaller, high-quality maps are not getting publicity. How many players visit WC3C or Hive regularly? I think if there were some way to create large amounts of publicity for maps like RoW and AotZ.

And hell, I'd be really happy if Megalith and Enmity Campaign were updated for the patch and rebalanced/redone. Megalith especially. I wanted to see that terrain again, and the ideas for heroes were just awesome, though the skills don't quite stand up to current standards.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that Battle.net has been 'polluted' like this.

It's just because Blizzard has basically ignored it; they never really maintained it much since WoW came out... now they really don't at all.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
omg, what happend to you?

HavenCraft fell? (Joking)
It isn't a half-bad map at all. I personally think Panther can't map at all, but Glory of the Horde I can stand playing every once-and-awhile.

> It's just because Blizzard has basically ignored it; they never really maintained it much since WoW came out... now they really don't at all.

And why would they care? They made their money off of Warcraft III, and now they're making it off of World of Warcraft.
Yeah, they're updating it now, but only because of SC2 and Diablo 3.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Ugh. If I try and join a game and everything goes greyish, I just Alt+F4 right away. Sometimes you sit there forever waiting for it to tell you that you can't join. I hate that so much

Yes! That is the most annoying part of bnet.

adeoin

Reaction score
would it be possible to revive the western channel with a clan that makes new maps and hosts them with actual players?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
We're hoping EoE revives it a bit but I doubt it will.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Related to the Dota discussion, I've seen my bro play a Dota-Based game, which is an entirely not-part-of-warcraft-3 game, which you only play Dota. What's this called?

Kurogamon

Reaction score
HoN, and there were like two or three similiar standalone copies of DotA around.

AoS's seem to just be a really good idea.

Anyways, Edge of Eternity, is it going to use the WC3 engine?

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, it's basically an expansion of The Frozen Throne. Should have new online play, new editor, new everything basically.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, not much of one since no one wants to deal with making anything like new natives that the project isn't using, but it'll incorporate all of our new systems for further map making to be compatible with the online play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.