The Dota 2 Thread

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Sim! Maybe the most different thing between Dota 2 and LoL is the strenght champions have. In LoL's scale every Dota 2 champ is OP, because the ranges are higher, the damages are higher and usually everything is a lot faster. I have to get used to that.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Yes but at the same time that means the enemy team is stronger as well. The biggest difference between LoL and DotA is how much DotA emphasizes on positioning. Many games you think you have won can be lost due to your team being caught out at the wrong time, causing a big shift in the game. That's why this game can be so exciting! :D

It sounds like you need to play around a bit with the heroes. In LoL the heroes do not have as cut roles as to what they are best at doing. If you want to add me on steam ([email protected], username Whitesock!) and play I can help you get your feet on the ground and start off well.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
It took me a good 5 games to get used to the changed grafics. Although i like it better. I wish things had sharper edges, and more realistic. but it has a nice theme.

Currently Level 2 as of last night. :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hm, a lot of people are playing both SC2 and Dota 2 I'm sure. Me, for example, I play and like SC2 but I didn't buy HotS but Dota 2 is free so it's easy to just continue playing.

This was the biggest e-sports tournament in history. 2 million dollar prize pool.
Crazy games. Congratulations to Alliance.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ha, those clutch ults by S4 helped them so much. Yeah, I was so sad when it happened twice for Na'Vi getting their tp's interrupted.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It was kind of a cheap win for them. But then again, Na'Vi have their own cheap moments as well. Oh well. It was good game anyways.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
After XBOCT made a double kill versus 4 people on level one and a third one was left on 1 hit. I kind of wanted Alliance to lose.

I also don't really like Loda too much. Anyways, good games!

Ps: What immortal did you get? Did you unlock all the courier styles?
I got the abbadon one, Have all styles except the purple crab (have regular one) with almost full effect (10 more games to watch)

Overall I will miss the bonus battle points.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hm, a lot of people are playing both SC2 and Dota 2 I'm sure. Me, for example, I play and like SC2 but I didn't buy HotS but Dota 2 is free so it's easy to just continue playing.

This was the biggest e-sports tournament in history. 2 million dollar prize pool.
Crazy games. Congratulations to Alliance.

$2.8 M, actually :p

SC2 is part of an old-school business model where you release expansion sets and expect to sell copies of video games for dozens of $ a piece. I think that Riot Games and Valve (and numerous other gaming companies promoting free games) have showed us that the way to go popular is by making free games with customization, which cost $.

And SC2's competitive edge is centered around the 1v1 match-up, whereas the more popular sports have shown us that viewers prefer team games. (Soccer, football, baseball, Hockey, etc.)

Team games are simply more complex as not only is individual skill important as well as strategy, but the players also need good coordination and execution together to win.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.