The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Wars

M

mxocosa

The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion Wars (Project name - may change later)

Description:
A map based on the game The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion. It's a map based on parts of Cyrodiil. The basis of the map is like the Ring Wars maps but with upgrades instead of building castles. The Spawns will happen twice a day for some units and once a day for others.

Map Comments:
For those who dont know the ring wars map. It is a mass unit map where all players get theire unit spawns and they upgrade by building castles. The more castles the more and better units you get. There will also be hero's on the map these will be very important and will not be revivable.

Features:
-Mass Unit War (2 Teams 10 Players)
-Custom Heros(No models to reduce map size)
-Custom Units(No models to reduce map size)
-Custom Abilities
-Epic Landscape
-Weather
-Day and Night
-Tamriel Dates(Festivals and such may be added later)
-Timed Events
-Other Events

Teams:
=Good:
-Imperial City
-Bravil
-Skingrad
-Chorrol
-Bruma
-Cheydinhal
=Evil:
-Dremora
-Mythic Dawn
-Necromancers
-Bandits
-Goblins ^^

Heros:
-Hannibal Traven(Archmage)
-Jauffre (Grandmaster of the Blades)
-Martin Septim(Emperors Illigimate son)
-Mannimarco(King of Worms)
-Vilena Donton (Guildmaster of the Fighters Guild)
-Modryn Oreyn(may be turned into a special unit)
-Hieronymus Lex (Captain of the Imperial Watch)
-Ulrich Leland (Corrupted Captain of Cheydinhal)
-Farwil Indarys (annoying son of the count of Cheydinhal)
-Goblin Shaman
-Goblin Warlord

Special Units:
-Ancotar
-Lucius
-Umbra
-Jermane Brothers
-Knights of Thorn

Currently working on: Echo Cave and that Mythic Dawn Cave

Progress:
-Terrain: Minor Details and buildings left 98%
-Gates: Just major testing left 99%
-Heros: Hannibal Traven Done 3% (On Hold for now)
-Abilities: No trigger Abilities will be added until later version100%
-Units: Most Units have been made but not balanced 90%
-Triggers: Just a lot o_O uknown%
-Balancing: Not started on 0%

Major Problems
-None ATM ^^

Minor Problems
-No glowing hero models would be nice if anyone know a dl to lazy to fix myself O=)

Suggestions wanted:
-Heros
-Hero Abbilities
-Special Units (Characters that should be in the game but not as a hero)
-Items(Which items, where should they be found(on who should they be found) and so on)

Any comments/Suggestions are Welcome =)

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Excuse me, but there is no way a Warcraft map can get the same status as oblivion. You can try, and it can become a good map, but not as good as Oblivion. Thanks for reading.

I always liked Hannibal Traven. remember to give him a suicide spell. ;)

M

mxocosa

Haha im not trying to make it as good as oblivion =P thats why im not making a hero map but a mass unit war map based on oblivion =) and im planning on adding the large black soulgem as a suicide item making filled large black soulgem thats needed to kill the king of worms (he should respawn unless hero with filled black soulgem is near)

Edit: btw plz change ur avatar liked ur old one better that girl creeps me out for some odd reason it seems like shes staring right into my eyes o_O

Rabarber

Reaction score
What about buying horses, then? ( <3 ) And houses? *omg*

M

mxocosa

lol as I said its not a hero map >< so no u cant buy horses or hosues but some units may be able to mount/unmount

M

mxocosa

lol horses wont be that hard ill probably just make an ability based on the pick up archer and mount Hippogryph abilities

rtatpi

Reaction score
Hey this sounds really cool I love the Elder Scrolls series.

This is really exciting, I'd love to see how an Elder Scrolls game with multiple players will play out seeing as the Elder Scrolls games are solitary "you in a giant world" games.

Good luck hope this turns into a sweet map :)

M

mxocosa

hehe the singleplayer part is why elder scrolls games are so great I mean imagen how it would be if any of the other characters (NPC) ran around screaming LOL LOL LOL LOL PWNED ROFLMAO I 4M D4 1337 and so on if they made a online elder scrolls it would just be messed up by non fans and 12 year olds.

Now back to my map ^^ Just in case anyone havent realy read through my first post its not a hero map and its for several players there will be heros but theire more there to support normal units im going for a mass unit map not a Open RPG or something like that. Ill be updating my first post with new info whenever theres anything worth reporting at the moment the whole hiding thing is put on hold unless someone comes with a solution or Im done with the terrain of the map (hate running around in oblivion looking at terrain and I hate those damn mountains for being so high)

thx for all replys and suggestions/oppinions ^^

M

mxocosa

Ok the terraining is coming along nicely finished the The West Weald and the Red Ring Road. Also built Bravil. I would realy love to hear some ideas about which characters should be made heros and especialy which abilities they should have. I would also like to hear oppinions about which items I should include which items should certain hero's start with and which items should be found on the map and where.

O

Ophidian

You can make Jauffre a hero, like a blademaster type skillset or something. Lucien (Lachance?) would be a cool hero too. Some random people from mages and fighters guild. Azzan is the only name that comes to mind right now.

M

mxocosa

Jauffre will ofcourse be included. Lucien will probably also be in the game but im thinking about just making him a unit with some abilities and make it so he joins whatever team gets to him first(would like to hear oppinions on this). While Azzan whos the leader of the fighters guild in anvil wont be included simply because Anvil, Leyawiin and Kvatch wont be included due to map size. But which model should I use for Jauffre and Lucien Im totaly lost there especial with Jauffre considering he's kinda a skinny old man Lucien I could use the Acolyte Model. While talking about models does anyone got a suggestion which model I should use for gladiators I was thinking the militia model first but I think that one is more suited for the town guards of the diffrent towns.

Rabarber

Reaction score
How about that Lucien appears when someone kills a villager? ;)

Add:
Baurus,
Martin Septim,
(Uriel Septim?)
Sanguine,
Lord Drad and twenty-five ogres,
Amusei,
(Amuday? ;))
The Lucky Old Lady
I came up with these now... many more to come :)

M

mxocosa

Hmmm I like that idea but it wouldnt realy be fair considering most good team starts out within cities *ponder ponder* Im gonna read up on that nightmother ritual ^^

Rabarber

Reaction score
How about adding a guy with a torch near the Ni.. i mean the Lucky Old Lady, and when he dies, Lucien appears, screaming the brains out of everyone? ;)

M

mxocosa

Baurus will probably be included depends on how many evil heros I can come up with
Martin Septim will be included, planning on a temple of the one event where he will turn into a dragon and fight mehrunes dagon
(Uriel Septim?) Nah he's dead when my game starts out hehe
Sanguine, (who was this reminder plz)
Lord Drad and twenty-five ogres, this was the guy who had oger slaves and u could get a daedra mission to free his ogres right? if so I sooo wish I had room for that part of the map on my map damn world editor for not going larger than 256x256
Amusei,again remind me
(Amuday? ) remind me lol
The Lucky Old Lady and uhm no but good suggestion been thinking about her but nah ill add it as a structure that gives an aura

M

mxocosa

again that would give lucius to bravil every time so nah lol sry for being hard but meh I want him to be atainable by even the evil team

Rabarber

Reaction score
Amusei could be trapped in a dungeon, and as a Oblivion joke, Amuday could be his cellmate ;) You know, the prison keeper that guards Amusei? Conversation;
"Amusei is off limits."
"What about 20 gold?"
"Amusei? i thought you meant Amuday! Go on."

Sanguine is the daedra party god. (heh) Remember the password to the Dark Brotherhood hideout?
"What is the colour of night?"
"Sanguine, my brother!"
;)

M

mxocosa

ok now I rememeber Amusei but whos Amuday o_O
ok now I remember *bonk self* wont have room for any dungeons but I may do something like that later on *note to self*

Rabarber

Reaction score
Amuday is a character from a jailor's mind ;) He came up with a name. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.