The Epic Journey ORPG (need help)

a j j bones

Reaction score
I have started making an Orpg that was at first going to be based on the game runescape but i have now gone away from that and am just making it custom made from scratch getting ideas from multiple places. I am hoping that it will not go over the 4mb limit like my last one did thanks to my awesome terraining (lol).

In this orpg you will start out looking like a normal man in a normal midevil town, you will choose a starting profession and wander out of the city on an adventure of fame and fortune. there will be many cities,forests,dungeons, and tons of other places to explore. you will train your skills throught your journey making items that will help you on your quests. your hero will soon grow to be its very own unlike anyone elses hero and the level cap will be very high so you can keep on growing and exploring your world.

i am new to having help from other players and do not know exactly how to do it, like do i give you the map and you edit then give back to me? someone fill me in on this ;)

What this Orpg will feature
  • skills like mining,smithing,woodcutting,leather working,and many more
  • Dungeons and a vast detailed map
  • A cool inventory system
  • A unique revival system (DONE)
  • custom units, doodads, and spells
  • advanced quests
  • save/load code
  • attachable items and weapons (DONE)
  • pocketshops
  • and many more things i cannot think of at the moment :D

Things I Need Help On
  • skill levels kept track of in a dialog or some other way
  • putting in a good save/load code
  • creating custom models and other custom doodads
  • putting in pocketshops
  • terraining help or ideas
  • putting in an inventory system
  • creating spells (im very,very new to this :eek: )
  • helping out on triggering problems i run into (which i will)
  • and just about everything else that comes up as im working :)

Info
  • just finished up making my wisp revival system, works like a charm =)

comments/suggestions please =) im kinda new to posting my projects :cool:

[NOTES]
-i only know how to trigger in GUI and do not know how to do it in JASS :eek: so if you are doing it in jass i will not be able to edit it or help :rolleyes:

-i use WEU for its unlimited doodads <3

-do Not flame me for my spelling i dont use 's i already know that so dont point it out to me...

-I like smileys :p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
*sigh* honestly, if you need help in "getting custom units and other custom things" or "just about everything else" i REALLY suggest you first learn the basics, and get more familiar with the world editor, before you set yourself on an epic map like that. BUT, don't let my words discourage you, so keep going! sounds like a good map, i wish to play it. Reminds me of runescape for some odd reason :p

a j j bones

Reaction score
... i know how to use the world editor very well actually, I've made a orpg before but it went over the b.net max size so i couldn't host it. i know how to import and such i just don't know how to make my own models using gmax or anything thats why i need help getting them

i said anything else because more things will come up as im working on it

esb

Reaction score
OOOHHH, i read "getting custom units and other custom things" as making custom things in the object editor :p

Very well then, i look forward to seeing this map. Good Luck.
I myself am not so great, so i can't help in anything, but criticize (Hey, im good at that, atleast i never recieved any flaming or complaints from anyone about that)

a j j bones

Reaction score
lol no making custom units in object editor is pretty self explanatory, i meant importing custom made models :D

its ok though:)

esb

Reaction score
what kind of "wisp revival" system is that?

Is there a storyline? What progress have you made?

a j j bones

Reaction score
the wisp revival system is that when your hero dies a corpse is made where you died and you are given a wisp (spirit) at the town and you have to guide your wisp back to your corpse and when you get by your corpse your hero is revived at the spot and your wisp is taken away until next time you die :D

genius arent i lol

and i guess there isnt really a storyline since its open but there are gonna be some main quests you can do that i will create a storyline for :rolleyes:

the progress i have made so far is i got some systems in like ability choosing when you level up and ive imported models for decoration like new trees and doodads. i have built my first town and started making my forest outside the town that has custom creeps in it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.