The Fallout Thread! - and Fallout 3

punwisp

Reaction score
If you want to rush the main Quest then yea it doesn't take long, but actually "beating" the game isn't easy, infact it can be like getting to 70 on WOW and getting epic armor =P

Btw, question, can you make multiple characters?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Yes for the PS3 version you can save multiple characters
as for how i got the laser gatling
Near the end of the main story when your getting the G.E.C.K.O and teh super mutant Fawkes wants you to free him from his cell. Do it, he helps you get the GECKO and such, later when your returning to project purity you get kidnapped and taken to the Enclave HQ, after you meet the president (i think dpending on how you play it out) the base explodes fawkes is outside with a laser gatling and you can trade him weapons

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I stumbled across a Gatling laser in the Enclave base.

Haven't really got to use it, because my game keeps crashing as soon as I try to leave the brotherhood citadel when Liberty Prime is being crane lifted out.

Oh and I downloaded a model & texture that makes the 10mm pistol into a deagle with better sounds :D

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, but I just played Fallout 3 and it was great. A great way to make money is raiding a lot of the down town areas, looking for Enclave Soldiers and Members of the Brotherhood. I had 8000 dollars and my house had every possible addition when I finished.

But the story-line was pretty cool. I thought that the radio was a very good aspect of the game, it keeps you company when you're out fighting. :p

I liked the VATS system: sometimes you're in for a shooter, sometimes you're not. I had level 100 Small Guns and all ranks of the Gun Lover perk, VATS took care of every fight easily.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Yea VATS is helpful in lots of ways. Has anyone gotten the Martian blaster or w/e the alien gun is called yet. its so fun, 1 shots super mutants and turns them into ash.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fallout's feel is different from any other game I played, actually.

The freedom of action they give you is beyond expectation.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's okay to necro-bump this, but has anyone bought Fallout 3? Got it yesterday, and it's been so much fun. Yet, a lot of people say it's too slow, or boring. I'm not getting where they come from, it's a semi-immersive game that I could play for hours on end, but I'm not able to...

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I bought it a while ago. The people who say its boring means in the sense that every 5 seconds hundreds of weakling guys aren't running at them to be slaughtered, which is what they most likely expect from a shooter. When first starting out, there is a lot of walking around trying to find places. So I can see where they're coming from. However, if they gave it some time, it gets really fun, and you don't notice the constant walking so much

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion was a much better game also from bethesda but Fallout 3 can also be fun with use of LOTS OF CAP at this site.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's okay to necro-bump this, but has anyone bought Fallout 3? Got it yesterday, and it's been so much fun. Yet, a lot of people say it's too slow, or boring. I'm not getting where they come from, it's a semi-immersive game that I could play for hours on end, but I'm not able to...

It's because usually, shooters target 14-years old players (unofficially). Fallout 3 targets an adult audience, who needs an intricate story and complex background to be immersed in the game's environment, even if it requires extensive backtracking and walking. I thoroughly enjoyed my play-through of Fallout 3.

HeX.16

Reaction score
As a shooter Fallout 3 sucks. Its all about story. Oblivion had a better story and much better gameplay(not always very realistic though)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
As a shooter Fallout 3 sucks. Its all about story. Oblivion had a better story and much better gameplay(not always very realistic though)

Not really, it's more about realism, where most shooters aren't, you just shoot and shoot and shoot, about 50 times, before they die. In Fallout 3, you can be crippled, and killed easily, depending on where you shoot. Like the fire ants, shooting them in the gastoral area, the behind to be in layman terms, they burst into ashes.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Games like Counter Strike and CoD are more realistic because its 1-3 bullets and your dead. Fallout its clips and clips or high difficulty. But then again i dont play maybe RPG shooters. Stalker had crazy amount of health like 60 bullets to one dude.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I just feel I have to add my two cents on the subject:
The Fallout series is epic! (Even Fallout 3.)
-Some of the worlds greatest RPG.

Too bad "the real Fallout 3" (forgot it's name) was discontinued. :(

punwisp

Reaction score

Notice the ROLEPLAY Shooter part, its not all about BANG BANG! YOUR DEAD* Repeat

Its a RPG thats both third person and first person shooter, if it doesn't have enough repetitive pew pew in it, then simple play a different game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.