Born only to be washed away.
We struggle to find meanings,
But we are limited to our day.

And so it is that we live on,
And carve our names into the earth
Only to be forgotten by dawn,
As we are logs fueling our own hearth.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Certainly gloomy enough for my tastes. It sounds like the thoughts of someone who feels completely powerless to do anything, and has finally realised the full extent of their mortality. Yet somehow there's a lesson to be learned in all the depressing thoughts. The comparison of the "infinite sea" to us "finite beings" and the repeated references to self-destruction by fire bring about a sense of apocalyptic thought as well.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
"A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved." -- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Kaerf, yeah the big comparison was humans to the world. But I also believe humans are leading to their own destruction, and I did show that aswell.

Ninva, I really like that quote. I haven't heard it before. I think love is the one thing I can always look forward to.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Kaerf, yeah the big comparison was humans to the world. But I also believe humans are leading to their own destruction, and I did show that aswell.

Ninva, I really like that quote. I haven't heard it before. I think love is the one thing I can always look forward to.

Yea its pretty gloomy but it does prove a point too.....I agree with humans will lead to there own destruction eventually.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Yeah I agree its very dark and gloomy. I find it hard to make a happy poem, but perhaps its merely because my thoughts tend to be gloomy. I try not to, and always try to see the brighter side of things, but my poetry is my thoughts on paper.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah I agree its very dark and gloomy. I find it hard to make a happy poem, but perhaps its merely because my thoughts tend to be gloomy. I try not to, and always try to see the brighter side of things, but my poetry is my thoughts on paper.

Surprised you're so depressed if you're smoking all the time. If that's really the way you feel, perhaps you should consider stopping? If you're not happy when you're triggering your brain's cannabinoid receptors to pump copious amounts of dopamine into your system, then you don't needa be smoking. It will just make things worse for you when you can't catch that buzz, and will lead to a downward spiral. Your best bet would be to find a natural, low-cost activity that stimulates you in a similar way, and to practice that, instead, or if you really need to then seek psychiactric help.

Now, if you're not actually depressed and gloomy, then you can go ahead and ignore all that. But you should just be careful with drugs, ya know? Even weed can fuck with your brain-piece for some people.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Its not so much that I'm depressed, rather than just down. I've just been really confused lately and I am trying to make sence out of life. I am definitely not sad or gloomy when I inhale and exhale the herb. But instead I get many ideas all at once and I have to sort through them. I'm not a sad person, but I understand where you are coming from. Weed can actually speed up pschitsophrenia(I don't know how to spell it, the behavior disorder in which you are paranoid and hallucinate) in those who already have it mildly. But I appriciate your support a lot.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
pschitsophrenia(I don't know how to spell it, the behavior disorder in which you are paranoid and hallucinate)
Schizophrenia?

• Rather than sort through your ideas, it might be better to put them down as they appear. You can always analyse them later.
  • Catharsis is always a good way to output your emotions, joyful or depressed. It's definitely better than letting all that emotion pile up, then burst out uncontrollably.
  • If you can't write happy, don't. Nobody likes a false creation.

It's much easier to have a mess and and then clean it, than to have it already cleaned and mess it up the same way.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
That's the one. I like this idea, rather than over think things, I should leave them in case I need them later. So as to not have a clouded mind. I don't understand the use of catharsis, but I agree. Putting my emotions on paper really does help me release feeling inside. Even after this I feel more at peace. As for the last piece of advice, some of the best pieces of poetry and prose are gloomy and unhappy. Your right though, "Nobody likes a false creation." Writing should come from the heart.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.