Campaign The Forgotten Lands

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
This campaign is an RPG campaign with RTS Elements in it. It was inspired by the bonus campaign for TFT, "The Founding of Durotar".

Scenario:
It is set in the years leading up to Thrall's arrival. You are given control of a warlock called Gul'Than. He has been wandering in solitude for many years and now he has come across the northern shores of the barrens. He hopes that he may find an end to his solitude.

Note
So in essence, this is a campaign which may have very little background story, but I don't think that it's necessary for the game to have that. I think that what I have is sufficient enough for people to understand whats going on. But if you would like me to write a more detailed back-story, please tell me and I will try my hardest.

The Campaign Features
Throughout the game, you are able to choose alliances and this will influence what quests are available to you. It will also influence things like items, abilities and other things that you may receive as a result of quests.

The RTS element of the campaign comes from the quests involving harvesting lumber, leading a settlement establishment and so on. Despite these features, I will try to make the campaign a mostly RPG style campaign.

Quests will be given by non-player units, finding locations and finding items. Rewards for these quests will vary in what they are and how much you get in accordance with what the quest is.

There are several maps withing which this campaign takes place. Most, if not, all of the terrain will be from maps from other campaigns that are part of the game. For example, the first map is the 1st map of "The Founding of Durotar" campaign. The Reason for this use of terrain from other maps is because, first things first, I'm not much of a terrainer at all. Other reasons include the fact that they are fairly large, they come wit appropriate doodads, and it saves me time trying over and over to get it all right. In-game, a series of maps will belong to "Act One" and a different series of maps will belong to "Act Two". In each act, the player may move between the maps of the series of the respective Act thanks to Save/Load Codes.

The max player hero level for this game is 20. In "Act One", it is limited to 10 because if your hero was any higher in level, he would be overpowered. Your hero may have a maximum of 7 abilities. Only one of these seven abilities can be an ultimate. Your ultimate will have two levels, and all the other abilities will have three levels.

Items can be picked up or given to the player as a reward. If your inventory is full, then the item will automatically be sent to your stash. Your stash will hold 6 items. I may be able to increase that by 12 or 14 but that depends on how my triggering goes.

The Main races in the campaign are:
-- Orc
-- Goblin
-- Night Elf
-- Human

There will also be a large number of creeps that will vary depending upon the map. Most creeps will respawn after a designated time period. The creeps that don't respawn are those that are the target of quests (e.g. 10 quill boars that are there for you to kill as targets of a quest will not respawn).

At this point, the player only gets to play as an Orc, but this, along with the back-story, may change after the initial version of this campaign is released. The reason for that is that if people don't like the campaign, there's not much point in me putting in the effort.

So far, I'm working on the first map of Act One, and I don't expect the campaign to be done quickly because it's just me. If you would like to help, I would much appreciate it. Just post here or PM me with your interest and I will do my best to get you details on what you can do.

Note
If you have any suggestions as to what could make this campaign better, please to hesitate to PM me or post it here. I would rather you post it here, because your idea could also help somebody else.

P.S. Screen shots will be coming soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.