Arena The Forsaken

Ub3r_

Reaction score
The Forsaken

So this is the thread I'm making that will have everything to do with my new arena map. These are the things I have worked out that will be in the map.

Green = Completed.
Yellow = In Progress.
Red = Not Started.

- 1v1, Team and FFA Duels.
- No Team Attacking.
- Triggered Spells.
- Team and FFA Game Modes.
- Over 20 Heroes.
- Over 100 Items.
- Item Restrictions.
- All Pick and All Random Modes.
- Alliance Switching.
- Kick System.
- Rematch System.
- Neutral Creeps.
- Diverse Terrain.
- Soloing.
- Quake Sounds.
- Weather Effects.
- Custom Models, Skins, Icons, Interface, Loading Screen Armor-Types and Attack-Types.
- Arena Boss.
- Random Events.
- Music System.
- Story Cinematic.
- Assist System.
- Combination Items.
- Hero Repicking.
- Neutral Creep Handicaps (Difficulty Modes).
- Anti-Camp.
- Leaver Gold Split.
- Auto-Team Balancing.
- Mercenary Hire (Needs Tweaking).
- Income.
- Bounty.
- Attatchment System.
- Multiboard.
- Kills To Win.

As you can see, it's a pretty diverse map which means I will need much help with it.

What I need is:

- Experienced Terrainer.
- Jass/GUI Guru.
- Model and Icon Maker
- Storywriter (Small Job)
- Idea Factory (Everyone)

Experienced Terrainer

I need someone who can provide images of their previous work. They must be decently skilled.

Jass/GUI Guru

I'm leet skeet with GUI but I can work with it to an extent. But this is just out of my tank. Most of the stuff for the map needs to be written in Jass or really clean cut GUI with no leaks. Which I can't do. Needs to be able to make custom spells.

Model and Icon Maker

Needs to be able to work with photoshop and other modeling programs.

Storywriter

Must be able to write an innovative yet believable story for the map. Anyone can do this so you can either PM me your story or post it in the thread.

Idea Factory

Everyone really can help with this. It can be from ideas for the map to a new hero or abilities for current ones, which I don't have many of. But I'm working on it!

Heroes So Far

Basically here are the heroes so far that I have come up with. These are their unit names not their actual proper names:

Agility -

Castigar
Enforcer
Fiend
Guardian
Infiltrator
Rover
Watchman

Strength -

Judas
Rumbler
Striker
Warden
Hydrofoil

Intelligence -

Mastiff
Blackstar
Banshee
Shadowhand
Skulk
Voodun

Hero Abilities

(this is the basis of a hero, likely to change though)

1x Active Ability
1x Passive/Aura
1x Default Ability
1x Ultimate Ability
1x Active or Passive/Aura
1x Train Stats

Items Equipable

1x Head Item
1x Torso Item
1x Leg Item
1x Hand Item
1x Foot Item
1x Necklace or Ring or Cloak

Screenshots

Terrain So Far:
uberterrainur3.jpg

The Team

Initial Concept and Team Leader - Ub3r_
Terrainer - Don
Jass/GUI Guru - FrozenShadow and staskax (GUI)
Model and Icon Maker - Daskunk
Storywriter - thewrongvine

MSN/E-Mail: [email protected]
Steam: CSSRAWKS
xFire: fearthejosh

Post away!

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Wow, sounds cool, is there anyway I can help? xD

I'm an experienced story writer =)

I'm also a GUI Guru, but my weakness is math, though I can do those weird slides and angle stuff.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Wow, sounds cool, is there anyway I can help? xD

I'm an experienced story writer =)

I'm also a GUI Guru, but my weakness is math, though I can do those weird slides and angle stuff.

Go for the story writing. As for the triggering, show me what you can do first :p

EDIT: Will be on tomorrow as I need sleep. 1:00am over here in Aus. Night.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Go for the story writing. As for the triggering, show me what you can do first :p

EDIT: Will be on tomorrow as I need sleep. 1:00am over here in Aus. Night.

I'll try going online today, the triggering, what do you want to see?

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
i'm a Ub3r_ terrainer (get the joke??)

But can't unfortunately provide any of my work since i'm on wrong cpu, maybe you would like to but me on the ''maybe list''

But if you accept (which i doubt), you just mention what you ''really'' want and the dimensions!

T

the2875

I have an idea! You should make the skills deal the amount of damage, or heal, or whatever based on the heroes attributes. Such as a spell (random name) such as Frost Touch could deal damage equal to 3.5 times the casting heroes intelligence.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
i'm a Ub3r_ terrainer (get the joke??)

But can't unfortunately provide any of my work since i'm on wrong cpu, maybe you would like to but me on the ''maybe list''

But if you accept (which i doubt), you just mention what you ''really'' want and the dimensions!

Well at the moment, we need to get the terraining done before we can do any triggering that involves the terrain. You are also the first terrainer to post here which I really need. So yeah, you're accepted. Dimensions should be either 96x96 or 128x128 and the tileset is ashenvale. What I am going for here is something that looks similar to anime fight if you have played that then great, if not, tell me if you haven't. Also, add me on msn [email protected]

I have an idea! You should make the skills deal the amount of damage, or heal, or whatever based on the heroes attributes. Such as a spell (random name) such as Frost Touch could deal damage equal to 3.5 times the casting heroes intelligence.

The map could be about anything at the moment. So I suppose I could think about doing that. But I doubt it would have every spell like taht maybe a select few.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
- Experienced Terrainer.
- Jass/GUI Guru.
- Model and Icon Maker
- Storywriter (Small Job)
- Idea Factory (Everyone)
So, Mr.Lolz-I-Gotz-An-Idei-Dats-Duper-Kewl; what will you be doing?
Let's see, we have terraining down.
Mark one on triggering.
Modeling and skinning..got that.
Someone else is making the storyline...
I guesss you'll be..no wait, you have Ideas down too.

Golly, what will you be doing? Taking the credit and not doing anything perhaps? I dare say I could probably do a better job than you are.
As you can see, it's a pretty diverse map which means I will need much help with it.
As you can also see, it's not a pretty diverse map, which means many other maps have the same features.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
So, Mr.Lolz-I-Gotz-An-Idei-Dats-Duper-Kewl; what will you be doing?
Let's see, we have terraining down.
Mark one on triggering.
Modeling and skinning..got that.
Someone else is making the storyline...
I guesss you'll be..no wait, you have Ideas down too.

Golly, what will you be doing? Taking the credit and not doing anything perhaps? I dare say I could probably do a better job than you are.

As you can also see, it's not a pretty diverse map, which means many other maps have the same features.

If you don't have anything to contribute, get out.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
i do not know anime fight (maybe take your paint skillz, draw something like what you want, post here and i do the terrain based of this epic drawing!!)

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Thats what Anime Fight looks like. The duel arena is at the top, the 2 bases are at either end. Thats all you need to do for now. And I decided that the dimensions are 128x128.

Attachments

• AF.jpg
    AF.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 290

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Ok, i should be able to do that and, do you want me to make it more doodaded? or plain that way?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uber, he was asking a question and I kind of have the same. Just asking: what will you be doing?

Anyway, same excuse as Don; different computer so can't example. I'll be last resort terrainer if no one else wants to contribute.

I can also be a story-writer. But... I think I speak for all those who want to story-write for this - we need information about the map itself. :D Good luck! :thup:

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Uber, he was asking a question and I kind of have the same. Just asking: what will you be doing?

Anyway, same excuse as Don; different computer so can't example. I'll be last resort terrainer if no one else wants to contribute.

I can also be a story-writer. But... I think I speak for all those who want to story-write for this - we need information about the map itself. :D Good luck! :thup:

I'll be doing bits of everything and I am more of a team leader. You could also think of me as an architetc. But also, think of this, was Warcraft III made by just one person? No. The map is an arena style map. Basically, the story explains how they got there.

Ok, i should be able to do that and, do you want me to make it more doodaded? or plain that way?

Plain for now. We'll choose what doodads go where later.

EDIT: Added in some more things, check the bottom of the first post.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Kay.... tell me what to write first, with the story, I currently don't have time to Code due to the interferance of my new project, sorry.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Kay.... tell me what to write first, with the story, I currently don't have time to Code due to the interferance of my new project, sorry.

Make up a story of how they got into the arena. Like were they forced or is it a challenge? Something like that.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uh, I'll start one, but who gets in the arena? Can it be any random like group of people to show the arena?

EDIT: Ok, here it is. I might improve it later, since I just worked this up in a few minutes.

Attachments

• Arena Story.doc
    23 KB · Views: 297

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Uh, I'll start one, but who gets in the arena? Can it be any random like group of people to show the arena?

EDIT: Ok, here it is. I might improve it later, since I just worked this up in a few minutes.

Not quite what I was looking for but definantly brilliant nonetheless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.