The Fortress - Mar Sara Wasteland

punwisp

Reaction score
Doesnt look like theres room for a command center :3

Plenty of room for turrets, bunkers, Depots, Siege tanks, etc however.

Dalemil

Reaction score
yeah, no room for many buildings. I'm going for a survival type deal. I want to place turrents but the data editor is slightly confusing.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
would be 2x times if the terrain on the fortress would fit a little more^^

I would look through the space tiles:thup:

But ofc thats just my opinion

Dalemil

Reaction score
yeah, i didn't really like the first one but the new one is probably gonna do it. Also i think i will change the middle because its not lookin too hot.

jleips2600

Reaction score
Just to let you know in case you didn't, when placing units on the map, if you hold the "shift" key as you place, it ignores placement requirements. So if you want to place a turret where you're only getting red, just hold shift and it should allow you to place it anyways.

EDIT:
Forgot to say my initial thought on the fortress. lol. It looks really nice, although I'd think in the very middle you'd want an even higher vantage point, not to go back lower?

Dalemil

Reaction score
its not letting me raise the middle any more. i've tried modifying the height field but nothing seems to work.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
thats pretty cool

it sort of looks like a Starship Troopers base...just gotta watch out for those pesky bugs

Advice D.

Reaction score
its not letting me raise the middle any more. i've tried modifying the height field but nothing seems to work.
We have Blizzard to thank for that, as well as anyone who defends the limitatation of three usable cliff levels. (Seriously blizz, what the hell?)

jleips2600

Reaction score
Three usable levels? Is that a joke..?

-. -
Why have such a large height range if you can't even use it?.. :thdown:

krainert

Reaction score
I believe Blizzard it attempting to enforce more intuitive map layouts; with only three usable heights there will be no more endless climbing - which is probably a good move in terms of normal maps. For custom maps, though, it may just be one big pain in the ass.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think it should just be less sandy.
sand+ramps doesn't work well. maybe some rocks or earth, I like the feel that the humans built on or into some natural feature, instead of made the entire thing.

looks cool, if people could build buildings it would be very defendable.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
I found your map here

Map Name - Impossible Survival Filename - Fortress.SC2Map

The middle part is raised and you start with a CC and scvs and 1000 minerals and 500 gas
There is room for bunkers and barracks and other buildings tho u can't gather Vespene so your limited as to what u can do.

I had 4 bunkers and about 30 rines total by the time the enemies came.. i got slaughtered... Lots of Lings and Ultras right away...

the only way is if 2-4 players all had as many bunks and rines as i did.. tho there isnt enough room for any more ppl...
maybe 2 ppl..

Suggestions:
Maybe increase the size of the middle space so there's room for 4 CC's(4 players) Room for depots for everyone... or place depots at top/bottom of map for all players.. if you have more then 2 players you'll def need more room for multiple barracks/addons maybe 4 gas spots..

EDIT: Yeah i gave myself 200 more minerals, 400 more vespene, 4 starting tanks,3 more minutes to build, and 5-6 less lings per spawn and i still got slaughtered...
It's probably best to leave it impossible... but make it so it's a little bit longer til we get wiped out.. Then it will give a more of a sense of accomplishment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.