The future of starcraft II

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I like many changes but i dont really understand why it took them so long. I mean, wc3 already had a clan system implemented, and it wasnt that bad either...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well due to the less gameplay mechanics in SCII they would have very few content to add to the expansions. Sadly the expansion is working like a DLC with more single player missions.

Basically, blizzard have no excuse to not release the game with clans, unranked ladder, global play and so on... but there is a logical, well at least somewhat logical explanation why they aren't doing it in the first place.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, you don't have to buy the expansions to get the bonus features i.e Clans, global play etc. So really all that is new in HotS is the single player missions and a few new units.
Production Director Chris Sigaty said:
In our last blog post, we outlined several upcoming online features we’re working on, including clans and groups, global play, resume from replay, multiplayer replay viewing, unranked matchmaking, and language packs. Since then, we've seen some speculation on whether the features would be exclusive to Heart of the Swarm or available to Wings of Liberty players. We want to clarify that all of these features will be available to BOTH Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm owners. You will not be required to purchase Heart of the Swarm to get the benefits of these features.

Source

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Imo, SCII has had the best single player in any RTS ever. The story may be a bit standard at times, but the gameplay and the freedom are uncomparable to any other RTS.

The community will move to hots, so blizzard aren't pulling a "good guy greg" after all ;D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo, SCII has had the best single player in any RTS ever. The story may be a bit standard at times, but the gameplay and the freedom are uncomparable to any other RTS.

The community will move to hots, so blizzard aren't pulling a "good guy greg" after all ;D
The single player is pretty much crap if i might say so.
I really dislike what they did there.
The campaign is pretty boring in my opinion, they did not live up to the storyline of sc-broodwar.
The AI is a joke, nothing more but a joke, shame on you blizzard.
And the settings you can do in single player are awefully limited.

I dont even see a reason to play single player, thats by far not the strong side of the game.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I strongly disagree. The gameplay and diversity of the missions is amazing. There were a couple of missions in brood war that weren't simply "get better eco, kill your enemies" and they were pretty badly scripted because they used the star editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.