The Future of WE

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Here's a question:

What new features would you like to see when/if Blizzard makes WE4 or StarEdit 2?

Here are my answers:

- Multilevel capabilities
- Walking under bridges
- WEU triggers become standard
- Manipulate Unit Editor properties through triggers

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Rofl, for the actual 'ingame' stuff, I'd like the three-dimensional camera properties that WE has.

New skins and models, of course; you could possibly choose from a few that would slightly differ.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Depends if they have enough time. To walk under a bridge, you'll need to create a sort of 3d pathing map created by splicing 2+ pathing maps together to make it possible. Hmm to that.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

The ability to create local variables, and a lot of JASS stuff they never got around to implementing.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Make bigger maps :D Like 468 x 468 or whatever :p "Uber-Epic" :D And maybe instead of 4 MB max, 6 MB max or whatever :shades:

Raise the doodad count.

More JASS stuff translated into GUI, as mentioned before.

Allow us to make units look transparent and ethereal through OE, or at least more easily ...

Allow us to toggle that annoying function that raises the cliff height automatically when you try and make it three levels higher than the terrain around it.

Allow us to use more cliff tiles.

Maybe allow for UNDERwater things like subs rofl :p

Allow units to do more complex things, like climb ladders and do other custom abilites.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
A bit more in the terms of "3D"...Ever notice that you're flying units all fly at the same hieght? And how complicated is it just to fix that? How complicated is it to make a Jump ability? Very, my friends, very...How sad :(

Maybe change that a bit? Have flying creatures able to fly up and down, not just north, south, easts and west. (By the way, flying up a hill/mountain isn't what I mean. I mean have more distances from the ground, regardless of the ground's hieght)

T

ThE-eNiGmA

You can change the flying height, you know. You just can't do smooth things like swoops.
A pre-made trigger that allows for jumps would be awesome.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I know you CAN change stuff like that, but I mean having it so that it just works regularly. It's not trigger related, just a part of the game :p Maybe only for certain maps, or something, like you'd have to enable/disable it, but it WOULD be cool.

Like above, I don't mean a trigger for jump. I mean a jump ABILITY. Stuff that requires moving through the air, not just on the ground, or at the same exact level of air.

I want HEIGHT, DAMN IT! :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
@Enigma: You can't change the flying height of Ground movement type units.

And, there is a peice of (JASS) script that deals with jump abilitis.

S

SuperGuy

How about changing cliff hights though triggers? I am designing a map that is randomly designed at the start of every game by placing trees, rivers and units. I'm fudging alot of things to generate rivers though scripts. And when you do that, you don't get the cool waves. I haven't quite got the new pathing right for the water.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
You can just do that with triggers to doodads :p

---

More trigger codes to do thing like make units slide across a certain tile like ice.

---

More tilesets:

Deserted Lands (a more deserty barrens)
Marsh Lake (a more swampy felwood)
Cell River (a more ghostly black citadel)

They probably dont add extra tilesets, just a thought, ive only had wc3 since patch 1.17 so i dont know if they add tilesets.

---

A trigger to play a movie which is imported (cant you do that already?)

---

A system where you can test the game in the terrain editor.

---

More of a use for the gem activation like when you click to place a unit, you hear its summoning voice like priest "i come to clense this land" and when you decide to move it somewhere it plays its move animation while being moved.

~Jindo

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You can do swoops with an inverted parabola, and swoops the same way, jsut flipped around.

R

Ralle_Janis

Like you say silver, it would be great to change 'object editor' stuff with triggers, so that for example i could make a unit fly with a triger, instead of making him morph and so on.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
- Walking under bridges
however i guese this rely aint walking under brigdes however i had a brigde in my map once and had a trigger that tp units that went in a certain unit to right close by under the brigde. I guese they sorta went under but not all the way :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.