The Good Old Days

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Does anyone remember this design?

NOSIG.jpg

Feels so retro now. This was about 5 years ago - Oh how it's changed.

It's fun reminiscing. :) Anyone have any fun stories about how things have changed around here? The design, the people, old quirky bugs/features?

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I miss the old days. TBH, if I had to choose if it was this day or the first days of my time here, I'd choose the latter.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Can we have the old TH.net format back for a week?

EDIT:

Guess where Seth Cross is in that picture.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
LOL at the website color scheme :p

I miss the old days. TBH, if I had to choose if it was this day or the first days of my time here, I'd choose the latter.
I kinda agree, You see no matter what kind of forum you are on. Yourself and everyone would say that. at some point. lol

Well, but the good old days weren't always good. lol but they were actually a lot better. In a kinda weird way. hehe

But you can't go back in time. Isn't that pity?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The old layout is a bit confusing back then, and I only saw it for like 1 or 2 days, before TheHelper.Net changed its layout to something borderline-less.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally really like that old format. That design was done by Tender Fury - a web designer friend of ours and I don't have any idea where we got that Cool little icon in the left corner, but I like it!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL at the website color scheme :p

The colour scheme actually stayed similar to that until this most recent update.

The colours may have been default vBulletin, but I remember them as th.net colours <3

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i actually dont remember the site having a bluish background :O, i remember everything else tho..

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't here when it was with this theme... but oh my first few months of TH, I was learning the WE, starting 3-4 new projects a week, finishing none, hah I recall that in the beginning I thought that advanced maps are made for 1-2 hours... ^_^

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure we had the theme before this one when I joined. I must've barely missed that theme in the image. :p

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally really like that old format. That design was done by Tender Fury - a web designer friend of ours and I don't have any idea where we got that Cool little icon in the left corner, but I like it!

Must convince The Helper to add a story of that legend. :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, though there is a chapter which I have little patience waiting for. ^_^

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the parts of the "old days", but I actually don't really miss or like them much.

I remember being a pretty hostile kinda guy. Me and Conan went at it constantly and a great deal of it was because of my short temper. I've grown up a lot since then. It's actually kind of pathetic to remember how I was back then.

I remember my lil rants though. And Corruption being a big deal. That was good times. That was probably the only REALLY good parts of the past few years and everything else was either BS or just "whatever, go with the flow" kinda times.

Of course, in the past 2 or 3 years, I really have cut down on my activity. I remember my posts per day averaging at like 15 at one point. Now I bet it's less than 10.

Ah well, now I have a life, a wife and a kid :D And a career in the military. HOLY POOP!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
To Do List:

Get a short temper, and be like Seth Cross as an admin. :thup:

I really didn't think you disliked your old days.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.