Defense The Great Siege of Talvar: Recruitment

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was making a map similar except in modern day. I stopped because I need to get someone to make a projectile system; might start work on it again soon.

I could help with the terrain possibly. Maybe models if you need them, but I might be kind of busy with the ones I'm doing already (Got a few of my maps, although most of them will be using the same models and systems so when they get done I will be moving onward nicely, but I'm also doing WCIV's models and then the ones for my Oblivion mod that actually need to look good). Tell me more, though.

dondonda

Reaction score
Thanks for support.

I have been working on terrain and the systems right now,

I have also imported many neat models to suit the city, but if anyone could create possibly some better building doodads that would be great!

@Varine, I hope you continue working on that modern day map, that is most likely my next project after this one .I could really use your help with models, many of the building models on the hive workshop do not suit the models i want for certain areas of the city. I am not sure what models you are used to creating but as of now i only have a need for buildings. Also if you want to help with the terrain that would be very helpful since it is always better to have more than one point of view on how the terrain should look.

@Joccaren, Basically for object editor you will be setting up items/units/abilities, this can be difficult since i want tooltips se up a certain way. As for spells, I can let you be creative in that way- I need spells for melee, range and mages.

@ Varine and Joccaren, since i suck at screen shots, if you are interested then send me your emails and ill send you the map to check out.

dondonda

Reaction score
Me too, could ya put it in a spoiler though?
Its kinda big and I have to scroll halfway across the page to post a reply.

I was amazed when i found it on google pics,

very talented artist.. the detail is immaculate.

It is now in a spoiler as requested

dondonda

Reaction score
I have most of the systems done now;

I implemented item drop system from spawned units.
Creep Respawn
Item classes
Save/load
Camera system-Needs some fixing
ammo system
spell and damage indication

And some triggered spells.

Part of the city terrain is also complete, post here if you want to help.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I pm'd you a while back with my e-mail. Anything you need me to do yet?

dondonda

Reaction score
Ok. Still recruiting, I need someone who would like to create storyline throughout the city and create related quests...

Maybe something about a corrupt politician or something that can be completed through a series of quests.

Joccaren is helping with the spawn units, and I have completed the castle terrain and debating whether ill add another section.

Please if anyone wants to be part of this post here and ill send you the map

Joccaren

Reaction score
Well, I'll help with a few quests as well if you need me to. BTW, even the latest map you sent me didn't work. I will work on a 'dummy' map and send stuff soon. I'm slightly busy with exams right now though...

Joccaren

Reaction score
O.K. After a while of trying to get the real map to open and work for me, we have given up. We do not know what the problem is. An error keeps popping up with 'level data is invalid'. If anyone can figure out whats wrong we will be grateful.

However, this does not mean we have given up on the map. I have had a bit of spare time and, after we decided that I would make the units and spells on a dummy map, have made the first five creeps for each team: The demons, the orc/trolls and the undead. I have also begun work on some spells.

Now, I have not checked this idea with Don but I hope he (And the rest of you) like it. As their are 3 creep races attacking Talvar, they need to be slightly different to each other to prevent boredom and the 'same old, same old' feeling whenever you go to fight a creep so, I have decided on what to do to make them different...

The Orcs will be on the higher hp spectrum of all the races, having around 20-35 more hp than the other races units of the same level.

The Undead will be support spell casters with abilities like 'raise dead' (Bet ya didn't see that one coming ;)), disease cloud and evasion.

The demons will be damage casters. Though there will not be as many casters as in the undead force, the spells will be more powerful and include spells like fireball.

Don is still working on this project as well, he just doesn't update this thread often. That has become my job. If anyone wants to help make this map, I have no problems with you asking. Don will of course say yes or no but its worth trying.

Keep Looking here as more updates will come as the game progresses.

dondonda

Reaction score
i like the ideas joccaren, its grea that you've decided to stick with the project. Send me the map file with the creeps whenever your finished thatll be a great help.

Terrain looks great so im going to try to do some screenies soon!

Im working on the hero tavern and so far ive got 3 heroes made up, some of them with complete abilities. Ive also set up many items with attatchments, a carrying system etc etc.

dondonda

Reaction score
Screenies!:)

Courtyard:
talvar1.png
Tempest Keep:
talvar3.png
Imperial Inn:
talvar4.png
Township:
talvar5.png
The Guilds:
talvar6.png
The Inner Wall:
talvar7.png

enjoy!

edit: screenies on main page as well

dondonda

Reaction score
More screenshots here!

Did these in the editor so i can get some better angles.

Joccaren has sent me the units so i will make up a demo version soon, just need to fix that damn camera:banghead:.

Bordortown:
talvarwesttown.png

Rivertown:
talvarwesterntown.png

Guard House:
guardhouse.png

Talvar Homes:
talvarhomes.png

Imperial Courts:
thecourts.png

The Second Level:
talvartier2.png

Birds Eye 1:
talvarwest.png

Birds Eye 2:
talvarcentral.png

Birds Eye 3:
talvarbirdseye1.png

Birds Eye 4:
talvarbirdseye2.png

Justice-BR

Reaction score
To all those interested; this is NOT an RPG, It is a castle defense

Your map is an ORPG with a little defense flavour on top.
There are HUNDREDS of ORPG out there, all with same or similar systems.
All with no replay value (you beat it, and move to the next)

And there are few good castle defense maps. Actually no more than 10 decent ones.

I think you should focus much more on the defense part than the rpg part.

dondonda

Reaction score
All with no replay value (you beat it, and move to the next)

But thats the thing this game is almost impossible to beat... Plus i have come up with an alternative style of game play that im going to try and implement.. so it could be very far off from the traditional ORPG and Castle Defense.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Terrain looks pretty neat, but laggs a proper terrain fog.

You should use some system like RegionalFog for getting differen terrain fogs for different ares in city for both day and night.

At night there should be some deep and dark blue for most areas at least, it would make that terrain look awesome. Also you could use some custom ambient light model to make terrain really dark at night, because its just awesome.

When player goes indoors, you could even remove ambient light completely and use omni lights only or something.

Anyways, the map sounds great. Dont forget to post some ingame screenies too, as soon as you get them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.